2017-08-31 17:54:09

You need lighter fluid, or you can use flint and knife, or matches. Before the updates, I haven't had to make a lot of food because I was eating a lot of protein bars.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-08-31 20:25:31 (edited by sito 2017-08-31 20:26:36)

@slj, as said before in this topic by amine. there are actually some clothing items that makes you cold. taking off all clothes is not a good idea since that'll not help. think about it in the real world. if you're in a dezert. will you feel better if you take off all clothes? no, instead you want to have as thin clothes as possible but still have something that protects you from the sun.
a hint. there are items like hats that keeps you cold and there's also the mountain medallion. just use logic when you choose clothes and you'll have no issues at all with the temprature

2017-08-31 22:59:25

Thums up sito. You'll definitely fry your skin if you take off clothes in desert lol.

Greetings.
My twitter

2017-09-02 05:07:54

Amine wrote:
Luciana wrote:

I didn't know mountain medallion could help me do not feel hot.

description wrote:

an ice cold necklace. it is on a metal chain, and the pendant is in the shape of a tall mountain peek.

descs really help a lot, so I suggest you read them.
Kind regards!

That's what I do smile Thank you again!

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2017-09-03 15:22:34

Hi all, I keep getting this mindthirst virus. Even though I'm drinking water the first message I get is, "oh my throat hurts!"
So then my thirst status sky rockets and I guess I die and I've done this like twice now. This is not long after first creating my char so its no biggy, but its getting old and I'd love to know what's happening here.

Thanks for any help. Its definitely taking me a little longer than I expected to get STW working for me. lol Guess this proves it, I'm definitely doing something wrong. Maybe drinking from the shallow water isn't healthy? hmm.
big_smile

2017-09-03 16:10:38 (edited by Amine 2017-09-03 16:12:46)

Yes it's not, you gotta craft pots, use cups or water bottles, else you'll get that virus. If you have it you gotta keep drinking using one of those containers to get rid of it. i know, it takes so long but, it's possible.
have fun.

Greetings.
My twitter

2017-09-03 21:48:52 (edited by MikeFont 2017-09-03 23:43:18)

Ugh, wonder if I should just create a new char. I mean, I'm within a few minutes of creation so its no big deal.
But this virus is really a swift killer. lol Not being adept at STW yet it takes me a while to unwrap everything and by the time I get to drinkin' good, the virus is killin' me. So hmm, guess I'll work it out.

Update, its apparently worked itself out. phew!
Thanks for the info, at least I know now I can't drink from the stream directly.
smile

2017-09-04 21:09:50

I have also idea to get in STW so important things, like honey and waks.
What do You say to the creation of Bee hive in this game?

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2017-09-05 08:28:47

Has anything been done to the heat yet? Any adjustments? If not, then I see no reason to play the game yet.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-09-05 08:54:34

slj. lol i haven't seen someone negative like you. why do you even have to post this here since you can just go and check your self. And just incase you didn't notice we've posted multiple times in this topic what to do to have a normal temprature so please pay abit more atention and no need for post like this just to say that you're not going to play a game

2017-09-05 11:39:54

if anything was done to it we would of said. And let me tell you this, even god damn newbies are surviving the temperature but you can't? What does that mean? First thing you gotta do after cooking and getting your things together is head to the village, clothing store and look for good stuff in there. Go somewhere like south africa in real life and try survive the heat that's in there, I swear it's higher than what it could get to in stw, for the moment.

Greetings.
My twitter

2017-09-05 14:26:51

I think the animals we have now like wolves and bears should be replaced with jungle animals like gorillas and lions and lepeards and stuff, since if you think about it it seems more like the game is based in south africa rather than alaska but the animals right now make it seem like its alaska lol.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-09-06 08:16:40

JimmyDub wrote:

amine and sito are right. also instead of complaining about the game you should at least try to survive the right way instead of ignoring the posts above. also seems like you've been on the negative side after no one took your rtr server post seriously. enjoy. .

First, I don't get what this has to do with RTR. smile
Secondly, please go to my profile here on the site, read the last 20 posts and see how many of them are negative. It seems like you're only paying attention to all the negative stuff I'm writing. Do you even know how much I have supported the game lately, helped newbies and introduced new players to the game? Properly not...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-09-06 10:44:20

wel. that's nice of you. but sstill. you're prooving your self that you're just ignoring the posts above and just throw out stuffs because you simply don't like it.
as amine said above, there are tunns of newbies that survives without any problem. you should probably google up how to avoid being too hot. that'll maybe give you a better understanding of how the game is actually ment to be.
and just to point this out. i do know that some of the stuffs like hunger are abit unbalanced but it'll be fixed, guys

2017-09-14 11:30:10

I came on here to make some observations about temperature, and found out about the mountain medallion! Climbing the mountain is a bit scary to me though, as I've only been playing since the weekend.

Also, sitting in the water cools you down? Is that where I've been going wrong? I would always run to water when I got hot but moving around in it wasn't really helping. Not even ducking under the deeper water was cooling me off.

Also, I feel that fanning yourself when you're over, say 40%wet should cool you down faster, since being wet makes any breeze feel cold. And snow doesn't work anywhere near as fast as the paper fan at the best of times. To be fair, though, sometimes I've gone from "slightly but not uncomfortably cold" to "nice warm breeze" while fanning myself. Maybe there should be an option to pour some of your stored water on your head to help cool you down?

Also, I want deer in this game. Someone suggested monkeys and lions but I don't think those are quite appropriate. Deer, now, would be like bigger rabbits and you could use deerskin to make things. Also, the freshwater places need some water birds. Swans, ducks and geese are edible and will also fight you so that adds challenge.

2017-09-15 00:56:13

I see a lot of people walking around with nothing on, or just the air necklace. I'm wearing my air necklace too, but with usually depending on the location I'm wearing, soft pants, slip-on shoes, a camo shirt sunglasses and a hat of some kind, usually the cowboy hat. lol
Anyway I have to say the heat is damn tough to beat at times even with ice from the mountain, its even worse if I'm trying to fight something kinda dangerous. Especially when they come outta nowhere. rofl Nearly got malled by a bear on the mainland. I read up later that they can spawn by the clay area, but that seems kinda crazy to have running about as newbies are totally unprepared for such a challenge.

Clearly with the amount of cash I've spent on STW already I'm enjoying the game, but it'd be nice to have the temperature balanced a bit better. Just my two cents of course.
Also a big thanks to Smoke J and the guys at BSG for all the help with the super useful audio tutorials.
I'll have to drop some payPal thanks on y'all just as soon as I can
big_smile

2017-09-15 21:38:21

Off topic, the reason why that came out as hard and not hot is because of this stupid dictation.  First of all, I live in South Africa. The heat isn't as nearly as hard as some people might think. In Cape Town it is, but that's only in summer. I have an idea. What about an off-line mode of the game. You don't need to play  with others to succeed. And also, it would be good training.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2017-09-15 22:11:12

With this training I agree also. You don't want to read documentation, but everything try in this training.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2017-09-16 00:17:43

An offline mode or training mode would be awesome! And a huge help to newbs who don't read the readme, or if they do, it might be a lot to take in all at once.
an off line mode or maybe a special training area where just getting used to the environment should prove to make life easier for all concerned.
I hate repeatedly asking, did you read the documentation? lol I don't mind helping anyone but I don't go in for hand-holding either. Though I'm sure my first day or so I had my hand held. *shrug*
smile

I agree with the poster above, if your a good deal wet, cooling down should be much easier.
I think having the ability to splash some water on my face from a pot of water would be great! Or maybe make that doable only with water balloons.
big_smile

2017-09-16 05:24:59

Yes, offline mode is needed.
because when the server ceases to exist a good game will turn into a pile of garbage on the hard drive.

2017-09-16 05:52:03

We'd need to figure out which map(s) to make available off-line, since all of the maps are currently on the server. And yes, Swamp does come with an off-line mode as well.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-09-16 19:33:14

sam said it him self many times before, he won't make an offline version of the game because it's ment to only be multiplayer. after all it's survive the wild and the purpose of the game is to survive. if you can practis things offline then there's no risc that you'll loos stuffs etc. and people will just end up not trying to even practis stuffs online. because they can do it offline and not loosing anything at all.

2017-09-16 21:17:39

I think animals like lepeards and lions should be added, this game seems like the world is based in africa or something. As for an offline mode, I really don't see the point, its not like you can't practice and try things out on the online game anyways, and online there's other players to help you out.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-09-17 17:41:48

I see big futures for this game ... it would be really cool if in the game had insects like bees that could fly behind the player and would also be nice if honey were added from the bees besides animals like lion and tiger ... would be really cool! And this part of the climate of the heat and cold I'm liking. All I need is a couple of adjustments mainly in the heat, because I've never seen the heat increase hunger. These are my comments on the version, apart from this, the game is a lot of fun !!!

2017-09-22 22:08:30

I just got a strange error, maybe not so strange. no clue.
Anyway, I had just dropped a handful of mud, and hit left arrow and, bam, got the following error. Wasn't sure if I should send it to Sam, or what's the protocol on that.

Call stack size: 5

File: C:\Users\SamTupy\projects\survive the wild\stw.bgt
Line: 3399 (1)
Function: void invmenu()

Line: 2223 (1)
Function: void game()

File: C:\Users\SamTupy\projects\survive the wild\includes\net.bgt
Line: 125 (1)
Function: void login()

File: C:\Users\SamTupy\projects\survive the wild\includes\menu.bgt
Line: 16 (1)
Function: void mainmenu()

Line: 378 (1)
Function: void main()

The strange thing is, this path is not where STW is installed, so no clue why its looking at C:\Users|SamTupy\ and so forth.

HTh