2017-07-25 02:22:01

Thank you very much for the reply, Aprone.

I wish that everything goes right.

2017-07-25 16:04:01

Aprone, you have account in twitter?

In my opinion, it would be more practical to post this information there, where all have easy access.

What do you think?

2017-07-25 16:25:15

Sorry fabiano, I don't have a twitter account.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2017-07-30 21:26:19

Does anyone have another voice I can use for sapi I hate Ana!!!!!!

2017-08-21 22:26:23

Hey aprone I have an idea for the next update.  What if you could use extra xp from missions to buy items not normally found in the sz, running shorts buy one for 50000 xp. That way more missions would go up and someone could use the xp for something else rather than leveling every time they mission, I have seen other games do this.  Thoughts?

2017-08-22 09:58:09

Sorry Nikos, there won't be a next update for Swamp.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-08-22 11:45:49

Some news about the Cheat Legion:
if you log into swamp and type
//stats hellfier
this is what you find:
Before being banned, hardcore player Lord hellfier was a member of clan elite legion, and had found 217656 crates in 2041 warehouse missions,
Before being banned, hardcore player Lieutenant spiteful was a member of clan elite legion, and had found 55924 crates in 1076 warehouse missions,
Before being banned, hardcore player Lord Hades was a member of clan elite legion, and had found 107233 crates in 808 warehouse missions,
Before being banned, hardcore player Brigadier serg had found 107254 crates in 891 warehouse missions,

Try my free games and software at www.rockywaters.co.uk

2017-08-31 04:41:16

But why was hellfire banned? He was a legend.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-08-31 09:17:45

Violations of the user agreement
Legendary status doesn't count for much when it comes to cheating and resulting punishments, lol.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-08-31 10:43:16

lol, if you think he was  a legend you need serious help! you can't be a legend if you are a no good cheater, and 4, yes 4 members of elite legion have been banned for cheating.

2017-09-02 00:02:30

Oh, I didn't realize that he'd cheated, I just looked at his kill count like a year ago and he had killed like a millian zombies since dying last, but guess he's not very legendary afterall.
Aprone, just curious, how come there will be no new update? You've discontinued work on it? Like for good?

2017-09-02 00:45:50

Rory, I recently did an interview with Smoke-J that goes into a lot of detail about Swamp and its future development.  It would take a while to type out a good answer to your question, but if you listen to this interview I think it will be easier.

www.blackscreengaming.com/swamp

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-09-02 01:46:49

Oh yeah i've heard that, are you gonna go through with your idea for the 3D version at some point?

2017-09-02 01:47:49

I've heard the interview, I just didn't realize that you'd actually decided you were done working on swamp.

2017-09-02 02:14:31

Yeah, it has to do with the source code for the most recent version being damaged.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-09-02 03:38:12

So I'm most of the way through the interview, and need to pause to make a post (thus why this is short).
Aprone:

2017-09-02 04:10:48

Damaged how, hackers? And john, your message got cut off, may wanna repost.

2017-09-02 09:51:10

Rory, during a power outage that corrupted files on the hard drive.
I hadn't thought about it until now, but it's possible the part where I talked about all of this got edited out of the final interview.  I would have to listen to it again to be sure, but not everything makes it into the final cut so that's entirely possible.  smile

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-09-02 12:58:51

Yeah I don't remember you talking about damaged source, that's a shame.

2017-09-02 13:03:05

nope, that part wasn't cutt out

2017-09-02 19:03:27

Rory: thanks for letting me know, I guess I'll just rewrite my post here instead.
Aprone: you said that you feel like you need to rebuild a reputation.
I can't speak for the rest of the community, but as far as I'm concerned, you're pretty much an audiogame legend. Keep in mind that a lot of those "throw away" projects you mentioned are probably at least equal to a lot of the games we have.
Towers of War was an experiment for you. However many years later it is now, its still one of my goto games when I want to just play something for a while. A lot of the games you've released are still the only ones in their class; we don't have much in the tower defense or simulation (lunimals, castaways, u-mart) areas.
Thus, there's no reputation to rebuild, because you're still the guy who has one of the largest portfolios of released products out there. Everybody would like to see updates, sure, but that doesn't change the facts or the presence of the changes you've already made.

2017-09-02 20:58:48

@aprone
There is something I did not understand from the interview.
Swamp 2 was the things corrupted? or that was just the update that you were  coding for actual swamp.
You  sayd that you still having your engine and you were working in this swamp rewrite, but then you got depressed because the zombie thing. it means that you just throw it out? is it in development?
Maybe you mentioned it, but english is not my native language and there was some expressions that I didn''t understand well I think, so I was Unsure about that.
More that that, I agree with last post.
you don't need a new reputation, you're actually a legend, even in the Spanish community.
anyways, thanks for anything, I'll be waiting for anything your mind can create.

2017-09-02 22:20:52

Anybody know how I can survive on higher maps like 3 or 4? I'm like level 81 and I die on m4 all the time, anything I should be doing differently? I have points in high and medium armor I believe, and points in speed to the max.

2017-09-02 23:32:37

Thanks John, that does mean a lot.  I tend to focus on "what have I done lately" rather than looking at the complete picture.  I'd imagine this is a common mistake that many of the developers around here make too.

Firence, Swamp 1 was what got corrupted.  The lost files kept me from making any new Swamp updates unless I wanted to go back to an older version and put in a ton of work getting it up to date.  It was going to be so much work that I started planning out simply recoding Swamp from scratch.  That would have been More work, but it would also have allowed me to organize the heaps of spaghetti code Swamp has turned in to over the years.  As the recoding project got more and more advanced, it turned into Swamp 2 instead of me rebuilding Swamp 1.  That was when I decided I didn't like the idea of being limited to zombies again, and I've turned my attention to using this new engine on other projects that are not Swamp or Swamp 2.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-09-03 02:20:14

@  aprone
I see. it makes sense, I suppose that the zombies ate your brain, literally
since you wont continue with the  project, is there any chance of listen how swamp 2 was going? I'm just curious about that.
I will be alert of any news of you in the future, I'm sure you will do something great with your new engine