2017-08-28 02:55:32

so, can Anyone helpme? For some reason the game don't work in my windows 10, I have all the components installed. Direct x, direct play, locale emulator... but It don't run

Sorry for my english

2017-08-28 04:50:30

alisson wrote:

so, can Anyone helpme? For some reason the game don't work in my windows 10, I have all the components installed. Direct x, direct play, locale emulator... but It don't run

Okay so when you say it doesn't run, how does it not run?
Depending on what the problem is, it'll do different things.
1. It runs, but not properly since you don't have audio.
2. As soon as you run it, it just errors out and hangs up and does absolutely nothing.
3. When it errors out, in the folder where the game is, it creates a weird dmp file.
4. when you try an connect, it just says poor connection and locks you out.
so if it's number one, it just means you have to check your locale.emulator. make sure it's all set correctly.
Also, you need to make sure, everytime you run it, you go in to your context menu and click on locale.emulator submenu, then click on run with application settings. You can't just hit enter on it, like you would do a normal exe file, if you do it all goes strange and wonky and in most likelihood not work very well for you.
If it's option 2, where it just errors out and hangs up doing nothing then... my best guess is restart your pc and try again. That's really rare.
if it's option three, where it takes its sweet time to load, then errors out, then again it's something with your pc or locale.emulator. you should take a look at that. Also, if it's creating dmp files in that folder, you may have extracted/unzipped something you shouldn't have. See note below.
If it's poor connection, you just have to exit the client and try again. It might be that the server is experiencing problems, or something is wrong with your net.
Hope this helps.
Oh one other note.
In the city survival folder, there is another .rar folder.
It's filled with a bunch of question marks and such.
Do not, and I repeat do not, extract/unzip/do anything with that folder. That folder is not meant to be touched. Leave it alone. If you did extract it by mistake, then... I'd recommend you start with a fresh copy. that will make the game go all weird and strange.
Anyways, hope this rambling post helped at least a little.

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches with in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
Emily Dickenson

2017-08-28 11:54:56

hi
i had the second problem that was mentioned in the previous post. I opened the program comatibility assistant and clicked on "test program with recommended settings" and then i clicked next until it finished the assistant. then I could run it without any problems.

2017-08-29 00:17:30

this game doesnt works, it crashes after running, even if locale emulator is configured correctly.
I dont see any system recommended, and I dont know what I should install to make this game working.
It is flustrating me so much.

2017-08-29 02:19:45

Hi it works now I have to run this game in compatibility mode

2017-08-29 04:30:30

Man wish I could play this game!

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2017-08-29 05:35:53

Okay so a couple questions.
1. What is compatibility mode and how do you run it like that?
My boyfriend is having some problems with the game crashing, and we thought it was his system till... it wasn't. So, I'd like to know what that is, if it fixed your game.
2. jeff, why pray tell, can't you play this game?
Even if you don't speak chinese, the game is definitely playable.

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches with in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
Emily Dickenson

2017-08-29 09:06:56

Compatibility mode is a feature build in windows that makes uncompatible stuff compatible out of the box by using some other .dll sets or whatever.
To launch the game in compatibility mode, press the application key on the .exe file and select troubleshoot compatibility and follow the instructions. When the game loads, you have to allow it to be fully loaded exit it and re-launch in Locale Emulator.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2017-08-29 21:28:47

sad
I really wan a play it, but well, I can not do that on this old, slow laptop cause when switching the window again and again, it becomes slowly and slowly!

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-08-30 02:49:23

Hi all. I got this game. and everything to run it properly. I set up LE and QTranslate, and I have say tools installed and ClipReader running, but, the game isn't translating anything. I saved the LE profile as Chinese. And still the game just tells me only numbers when I move from 1 place to another with the arrow keys. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Would anyone be willing to Skype with me to help? I guess I'm not very good at setting up these kind of things. Lol. Thanks a lot in advance.

2017-08-30 04:16:59

Sean-Terry01 wrote:

Hi all. I got this game. and everything to run it properly. I set up LE and QTranslate, and I have say tools installed and ClipReader running, but, the game isn't translating anything. I saved the LE profile as Chinese. And still the game just tells me only numbers when I move from 1 place to another with the arrow keys. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Would anyone be willing to Skype with me to help? I guess I'm not very good at setting up these kind of things. Lol. Thanks a lot in advance.

Hello there, it is translating.
The way you have to do it is, the arrows when you move them is moving you from one place to another. There are Chinese letters everywhere, so your screen reader isn't reading it.
So when you hear a number, like 2? 7? so on and so forth, you hit f12 to copy that text. Then, alt tab to another window and hit ctrl comma. this, will translate what's on your clipboard and clip reader will read that translated text out to you.
Be sure though, that you have switched windows. q-translate, will not work, while you're in the game window itself. So you need to alt tab.
also, make sure you hit f12 first, before switching windows, to be sure that you've copied the text you wish to translate.
Hope this helps.

Emily Dickenson

2017-08-30 04:35:12

Wow, that sounds like a lot of work for everything you do you have to translate. I wish that when it comes across something, it would automatically translate and read as you move from place to place or go in to a menu.

2017-08-30 09:28:47

mine works on the game window , though
just ctrl+ comma and there you go.

2017-08-30 10:07:05

sorry for double post,
there's a NVDA dictionary for the game too, but it's not so complete. I will ask the dictionary creater first, if he allow me to post it here, I will give you guys the link.

2017-08-30 15:45:16

oh dictionary it will be nice.
I am using this soulution in three kingdoms and it works great.
Urban survival is fantastic game.
I hope that this title is still in development, maybe this guy will translate this game in the future.
I have heared that clipcopy addon has a feature, which allows you to automatically copy last spoken message to clipboard without pressing f12 key, but it doesnt works for me.
I hear only beeps when I am doing any move by using nvda, but no tezt has been copied.
I have to contact with tyler about this bug, because I dont like to press f12 key everytime if I want to copy every message.
Mayble the developer of jgt should add chinese language to this addon.

2017-08-30 17:46:43

here's the link for the dictionary: https://www.dropbox.com/s/briatvnpy28ki … t.dic?dl=0

2017-08-30 22:32:08

For what sinthesizer is that?

2017-08-30 23:51:51

Where do I put the dictionary file so NVDA can read it? and how does it work? will It mess anything else up that NVDA would read normally?

2017-08-31 05:07:27

Hello all,
I hope this finds you well.
Okay so for those of you actually playing the game, I need a bit of help.
I've already spoken to the Chinese audio game skype group, and I'll post on here as well, just in case anyone has chinese friends who play this game, and can ask about this.
My character is a nurse.
She gets skills, but I'm unable to practice them.
Before anyone asks, I have gone in to my skills menu, and clicked on practice. it does not work.
I've hit space, enter, all of it, it doesn't work.
I'm told, that I'll get stronger skills later, and that I need not practice now. However, i'd like to know for future reference if nothing else at all.
So if anyone plays this game and knows the answer, please post on here. If anyone has chinese friends, whom you know plays this game, please ask if you can, and post the answer on here.
I truly appreciate any effort made on your part to find out this piece of info for me. I do not have any chinese friends who play this game currently, and so the only way I can obtain any information is either via the chinese audio games skype group and if that comes up blank, to ask for help on here. So any help or insight or info would be appreciated on this matter.
Thank you all again.

Emily Dickenson

2017-08-31 13:00:16

Hi.
The dictionary works perfectly, it reads some names.
But now, everithing is configured corectly, I installed all, but I get an eror saing direct x and ok button.
I have windows 10 pro 64.
Please help and thanks in advance!

2017-08-31 13:09:41

You should install DirectPlay from the ctrl panel

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2017-09-02 21:01:19

Well, how to do that?
I translated the mesage and here it is!
Error Message: Initializing DirectX Runtime Failed!

2017-09-02 22:37:24

Go to the control panel > programs and functions > enable or disable windows features > legacy component > direct play.

2017-09-13 05:42:27

hey guys,

I hope this finds you all well.
So recently, I've started my own youtube channel, and I did a live stream of the tutorial for Urban Survival.
The link and all the info is in the off topic section if anyone wants to check it out.
anyways, a fellow viewer told me I should post the link for the live stream of the tutorial on here. So I thought I'd take that advice and post it on here for anyone who is interested.
Keep in mind, this is not professionally done, there were a few glitches, but I hope it's helpful all the same.
Thanks a lot!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoC1N3btY18

Emily Dickenson

2017-09-13 20:10:54

I lie your stream!