2017-08-25 15:59:32

Hello,
I would also like to play battlefield1 but since I don't very well know how the game is played I can't give much feedback. But I watched  lots of gameplay videos of it.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2017-08-25 16:09:40

Soccer itself is nice in audio, but Fifa's commentary could be a lotmore detailed. Soccer is best listened to on radio, like 5 live.

2017-08-25 16:32:45

I don't have much experiences with ea, but i think it's time to shoot off some games that i've tried.
The first one is dead space. This game is pretty hard, especially if i was told to repair a ship components and shooting. However, thanks to the path finder feature, it will mostly turn you to your objective so you don't need to sidestep.
Second, the lord of the rings the two towers, this one is antastic, but i ive up at the fourth or fifth level only to beat this large monster with a chane on it.
The third is shank, which i believe this one is from ea as well. This one, is a pretty cool beat-em-up, but the platforming is sometimes hard.
Then i've tried the lord of the rings tactics. This turn-based strategy game is pretty much playable because of the sounds which tells me if i can move a character or not.
Then recently i've tried fifa 16, which i have no luck at all.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2017-08-25 18:37:55

Hi,
I find battlefront hard because I don't really know where I'm supposed to be aiming. I was talking to my carer yesterday and he's wondering if rumble feedback could be useful for crosshair interaction in shooter games such as battlefield and battlefront. It's also knowing where to go, if you can take coverr, and I think getting around some of the maps could be difficult I don't know how we can deal with bits that you can climb onto and such. Also, in the case of the new battlefield and battlefront, what about vehicles?

2017-08-25 21:56:05

@slj,
Would you please ask your friend how he plays fifa and share it with us? (perhaps in another topic) I am extremely interested.

Also, regarding first person shooters, I think we really shouldn't focus on them because It's impossible to play as a VI. The online scene is  extremely competetive and offline the only thing you can do is to auto aim on npcs with a controller (Which is not that accurate anyway.
For example, battlefield one. You can't really get past the spawn screen unless you make hotspot scripts which would take ages. Even sighted people tried to get that changed but EA won't listen because It would increase their time load and It wouldn't make sense.

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2017-08-25 22:01:17

Yes, we should focus on First Person Shooters. How do you know if it's impossible to play as a VI when you don't have accessible features to try it with?
Stop sending negative vibes, people.

2017-08-25 22:33:48

I just think that it's silly to play fps games as a blind person. The developers would probably think the same way. There's the maps. buildings. Also recently all the new fps games are about jetpacks and missiles and fast paste game (instead of the casual strategic ranged shootouts of the old games)

Ironically, I still play battlefield 2 (project reality) with my friends and  they help me to a .50 cal or something so i can just  play around. You also can be a medic and can call people to come to you to get patched up, or tell them to scream at you so you could go revive them (Because of the  directional local  audio)

But new fps games it's all about fast movement and better aim.

2017-08-25 22:42:17 (edited by ea_accessible 2017-08-25 22:44:44)

I don't at all think it's silly to want to play first person shooters. I'm not sure how that could be supported, but that doesn't mean it's not worth trying. Originally, I didn't have any ideas for Madden, either. I'm open to ideas for any game type. - Karen Stevens

2017-08-25 23:25:06 (edited by Thrash 2017-08-25 23:34:43)

I am by no means an experienced gamer, at least compared to many of the people on this forum, but I thought that first person, in general, was actually a good thing for playability, if coupled with good sound design. Although I'm sure games like Swamp are nowhere near as fast-paced as modern console FPS games, I would imagine that some similar concepts could be used to bring some level of enjoyment to mainstream FPS games. Whether or not someone who is blind could be competitive against someone who is sighted in a game like that, I don't know, but I'm sure that some level of enjoyment could be had.
Also, many studies show that auditory reaction time is faster than visual reaction time. I will certainly keep an open and optimistic mind about mainstream FPS games.

2017-08-25 23:36:07

Just wanted to jump in here and say that most of any game genre can become playable, it would just take more work for some types.
Azz for FPS games I would really hope if something could be added to the new battle front games. They sound awesome and I used to play the old ones back when I had some vision.
Apart from that I have not played anyof the new sport games, but I am going to pick this one up when the patch is released.

Gaming is so cool.
Follow me on Twitter @TheBlindGamer2

2017-08-26 00:41:15

Hi.
So, what games did I play till now? The most accessible ones were fight night round 3 and 4, the only problem there were the non talking menus actually, but, without the rapping menus, I could easily manage my own character in the franchise modes of both games, accept the training and the shop.
The fighting was doable, you had your corner to move, and you could sort of predict the punches if you knew your oponent.
I would wish that the UFC games could be made accessible, but I currently just don't know how they accessible they are up to this point because I have no way of testing, but I heard that for submissions and stuff you have to execute QTE's or wait for a meter to be green.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-08-26 01:21:30

There are loads of Audio FPS games. The missing element is vertical.
However, these are games where you have one player per device: multiplayer is online, not local. Local multiplayer makes the whole targeting via audio concept more difffficult. I suppose that there are ways of dealing with this—if you have 5.1, for instance, you could assign pairs of speakers to specific players—but they feel kinda clunky, and implementing them would probably be on the more involved side.
I think I'd get crushed at competitive FPS, but that's mostly because I get crushed when I play Audio FPS competitively. tongue

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-08-26 02:02:16

@karen
That's pretty cool that you're also a software developer. Makes things more simple because  you'll understand things in technical levels.
Regarding fifa, I'll wait for SLJ, if we can gather more info that'd be much better.

2017-08-26 09:03:55 (edited by SLJ 2017-08-26 09:12:10)

Hi.
@Karen: That's good to know regarding getting feedback in other languages, but because of the interest from other people, I think I'll learn while getting information on how they play the games, and write it in english anyway.
@All others: Thanks for your interest in how people are playing Fifa. I'll contact those guys, pump them for information to get an idea on how they do, maybe give it a try myself if I find it worth it and do what I can to pass all the information to you in english. It is going to be interesting, I think. big_smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-08-26 13:22:37

I also agree that first person shooters should be a genre we should look at making accessible, they are some of the most popular game types out there.

2017-08-26 16:19:46

battlefield 3
crysis 2
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone    
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit  2
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
these are the games i remember.  just nfs was accessible

2017-08-27 08:28:29

ok so i have played around with tiger woods pga tour 2000. I have no vision but the swinging motion on the PS2 with the left joy stick was super helpful like swinging a club. Plus i loved the turbo sound when you hit the ball hard. I never got very far in that one as especially if i landed in the sand trap i was in trouble but i think for most meters audible sound is definitely worth having. Next is road rash on PC. ok so never really won a race but i list it here because one helpful thing i remember is that when your bike went off road it would sort of wine and move slower which i guess would sort of happen in real life. This told me i needed to turn right or left  and when i made the right turn it would speed back up and the volume would slightly increase letting me know i was on track. Great job on this Karen and i applaud you for your accomplishments thus far and in the future.

2017-09-02 01:30:13

So, I have played both UFC games. Their playable and your able to win consistently. The commentary helps however we are unable to do submissions and one big thing, is it is hard to tell what position you or your opponent are in when on the ground. And training in career is hard to do since It doesn't tell you, I have to guess a lot of the time.
I will email this to EA.

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2017-09-04 11:31:54

Hello Karen,

The best game I've played was Shank series. I know it's developed by Klei entertaiment but the published is EA so maybe EA could convince the devs team to make it fully playable? I tried contacting Klei but they didn't do anything which is sad as the game is 99% accessible.

I've beaten shank 1 and 2 where the second one is harder cause there more platforming sections and stuff.
Shank 1 though, is so fantastic even if it needs few audio cues especially when there are platforms or when you are fighting with the bosses to indicate when you can perform QTE. Anyway I played it and completed what is really good in my opinion.

No idea if EA is still responsible for the publishing Klei games but that will be great if their nevest games could be accessible as well.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-09-05 08:16:42

Yes. Shank is fantastic...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-09-05 11:31:45

So I've mentioned this game time and time again on here, but I've always loved lord of the rings, the third age.
Another of those ones where if the menus and text were able to have been read, it would be mostly playable.  the map wasn't all that hard to navigate from what I recall.
at least, I was able to find a lot by just walking around, even if accidentally. smile
Yes the map could have benefited from beacons for chests and other landmarks, but I just used to walk around pressing "x" anyway.

slightly off topic, but battlefront 2 is one of the only games that makes me want to buy it purely for sound design alone.  I would so love to be able to experience that properly.

2017-09-05 18:19:18

Hi everyone, I'm currently working on a presentation proposal to describe to other teams how you are playing their games, in the efforts of encouraging them to provide more support. It would be super helpful to know how you are able to play the games you have mentioned, because that is the first question I'm asked whenever I mention a game is playable, and the description would be the most powerful way to gain support. All I can promise is that I will try my best to make something happen, but I have no control over the process, so am unable to promise more. Emails are best as then I can provide an attached record for future requests to teams, but posting here is fine if that isn't possible

Thank you for all your help,

- Karen Stevens

2017-09-05 18:39:27 (edited by ea_accessible 2017-09-05 18:40:29)

Follow-up: I generally know how need for speed and Madden are being played. What I don't know is every other EA game mentioned, and I'm especially interested in any current franchise, like UFC, NHL, FIFA, etc. Any details on how any of these games are playable would be a huge help to the cause. Thanks, - Karen Stevens

2017-09-05 19:17:06

I tried Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and besides walking continuesly and Harry telling me "I think we need to go to the barn." I couldn't do anything. I got to the barn once I think but was stuck after that.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2018-03-09 04:07:42

If you've tried any EA games and have ideas of accessibility issues with them that could be fixed, you can now log those issues and fixes here, in the bug reports section:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Accessibility … ibility-en

Please do so, it is a good way to get your voices heard by developers smile