2017-08-12 15:28:56

@farhad You really need to stop with the hole, i'm ignoring you/I don't want to here what you have to say stuff, its redickulis. I just haven't popt on to check pm's recently, which is why I mist it, pluss, you had loged on as your character before so I assumed that you had remembered your password. @everyone else, ground vehicles are now driveable. I'm gonna have to release a patch soon since I neglected to put in the key to actually start and stop the ground vehicle, but here's how they work. To enter one, you walk up to it and press e. You'll be inside and the background will be silent. From here, you can either press escape to leave the vehicle, or press e to start and stop the engine. Up and down aeros accelerates your vehicle and decelerates it respectively, while left and right aeros turn the vehicle. They'll be available in shops soon as well.

Check out the new reality software site. http://realitysoftware.noip.us

Thumbs up

2017-08-12 16:38:38

Hi guys. I have a problem. I don't know but when i was about to exit the game it says something like this.
Exception in thread Thread-14:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "threading.py", line 801, in __bootstrap_inner
  File "threading.py", line 754, in run
  File "functions.py", line 270, in conloop
AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'send'
Unhandled exception in thread started by Exception in thread Thread-3:
  File "functions.py", line 1328, in mainmenu
  File "functions.py", line 311, in start
  File "functions.py", line 1328, in mainmenu
  File "functions.py", line 311, in start
  File "functions.py", line 1332, in mainmenu
  File "functions.py", line 330, in newexit
  File "shutil.py", line 256, in rmtree
  File "shutil.py", line 254, in rmtree
WindowsError: [Error 145] The directory is not empty: 'maps/inderion station'
Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method Thread.__bootstrap of <Thread(Thread-14, stopped 2528)>><bound method Thread.__bootstrap of <Thread(Thread-3, stopped 2428)>>

O, and is there a read me file so that I can review the keys? i haven't played this game for long and noticed that it has a lot of changes

Thumbs up

2017-08-13 07:30:34

dear danny:
I have email you second time, please change my password?
please?

Thumbs up

2017-08-13 08:18:36

@farhad I already did the first time you sent it to me, when you reminded me yesterday. @chrisfailnur awsome, I was trying to get that pesky error. @everyone else. In continuing with the ground side operations, the next buildings that will be coming into the game are spaceport and wearhouse. You'll need the wearhouse to store all your transfered materials, for instance stuff you mine from asteroids. In addition, as well as ground vehicles, I at last got started on aircrafts. They are beginning to take form with me preparing to fly the first test one, at the moment you can start and shutdown the engines depending on how menny your airplane has, and change thrust for takeoff, climb, taxi, etc. I've implemented them so you can steer them on the ground in prepporation for taxi. I'm about to run the tests on that first before I implement actual taking off. For those who are wundering, aircrafts can have cargo bays. They'll be a much faster way for you to transport resources from for instance, a wearhouse to a refinery.

Thumbs up

2017-08-13 11:16:45

this is what I got when I wanted to board my ship.   Exception in thread Thread-1:
  File "functions.py", line 539, in eventloop
  File "functions.py", line 1244, in cleansounds
AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'state'

"Heroes aren’t always the ones who win. They’re the ones who lose, sometimes. But they keep fighting, they keep coming back. They don’t give up. That’s what makes them heroes."

2017-08-13 17:56:43

Speking of refineries...thy are next on my list...

Spaceports are in, but they can't accept cargo. That, guys, is what the cargo terminal is for. You might wonder what the spaceport is for. Well, I'll tell ya. It's for buying, selling and hanging out, a safe place to store your landable ships...but the cargo terminal is where you will transer cargo and get money for it. That cargo then will have to be moved to a warehouse. I don't suggest putting all your facilities next to each other, as they do beep to alert you to their presence.

By the way, aircraft speed is i knots, not MPH, as we found a stupidly easy way to conver it.

Also, as per the MotD earlier,the Lockheed's turret has been upgraded.

Also, side note: If you got a cargo terminal, no need to go back to Sol t o drop off cargo. Just a little hint.

So, what am I working on as of this post?

First off, starting n the ine and refinery. The mine will allow for more resources. Remember I mentoned sand? Yeah, you need that for glass. Which means you neeed a desert area, and again, aircraft to ferry the sand to a refinery to be turned into glass and then on to where it's needed.

Also I am working on the mall for ship upgrades, weapons, and all that interesting stuff...well...I said mall, it's sorta just a collection of terminals in  a store.

Lasgtly for now, I'm helping with the aircraft side of things in testing. Those engines spool up and down reallly nice. I got a Comet to go 1042mph or...supersonic, on the ground. Physics happened, folks....:)

So...here's some FAQ about the buildings:

How do I get started?

You have to be in a faction, and capture a forest planet after a system. You need an axe to chop down trees. Once you got wood....hit B, pick the building you want. It builds it in front of you.

Why do I need a shelter?

Because they are somewhere safe to stay, that's why

Why do I need a spaceport?

Because, in addition to the cargo terminal you're also able to transfer argo, once fixed up, at the spaceport for credits....though you try doing that at somebody else's system and you'll get lit up most likely depending on who it is.

Why join a factiion?

Because factions havea lotta cool stuff in the works, plus, here's a sneak peek of one thing I like:

Factions earn money based on people buying stuff. If you buy 500cr of shotgun ammo, the faction who owns that building and terminal, gets that money into the ir faction account. So if anyone pays 20 mill for a cruiser.....that's a nice, rich faction there.

What about faction PVP

That's a thing, but no coded systems, find a faction and blast them, and be prepared for retribution if that happens and you tangle witht he wrong guy. Or me, If I happen to catch you roid mining in my system...you get a warning shot, then boom, yer dead. Does that make me an asshole? Maybe. Is it defending my system? Absolutely.

Draco

Reality Software Team

P.S.vIf Danny's on a and not responding to chat, direct your questions to me rather than Danny, if he's not answering he's probably go this head down in code and I can answer questions, just a PSA guys to stop you bugging Danny 24/7 given there's other admins on. Also don't be afraid to say hey to me in chat. I don't bite...without a reason tongue

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up +1

2017-08-15 05:15:35

Greetings all. So our changes for today. You've had more than a few days to prepare for this and now its happened. Autopilot is now gone. For those who have difficultys using manual pilot, it simply works like this. You press r to locate an object you want to track, and use r to keep track of the heading you need to fly on as you fly. Its like the v key on the ground. With that out of the way. Since other planets once you build a spaceport on them can now accept cargo, you'll be told of the galactic coordinates to jump to, as well as the coordinates in that system where the object is located. In addition, you can now load cargo at inderion station as it'll now register docked ships.

Thumbs up

2017-08-15 08:09:01

hello, I have some suggestions I hope that'll be useful. first, do something for that times the game can't load something or can't connect to the server so we can press escape and cancel the operation and try again, now if the game couldn't for example connect to the server, we'll stuck in it and we can't do anything except closing and reopening it.
next, make it so we could cancel the chat input by pressing escape. rather than find the cancel button and pressing it.
next, if the interact button was enter, that would be better. don't know the reason big_smile.
and something else. my archive has that error when I extract it.
CRC failed : dmnb\sounds\planet\room9.ogg  2 of 2
my fault or archive's fault?
and that is 1 beautiful game.
good luck

2017-08-15 08:10:56

hi.
no, anyways the connections stops and gets you to the main menu after like 30 secs or one minute, and 2, for everyone else the archive works well

Thumbs up

2017-08-18 10:38:33

Hi all. So today's updates. I'm now working on the mining code for ground mines. What these do is you build one, and when you enter it, your in the mining office. You have the option of starting a manual or automated operation, automated goes slower while manual will have you entering the mines, at present manual is in the works. I'm working on mine generation with manual. You click on start mining operation, select manual, and you will be given the entrance to a mine shaft for you and your friends to enter. Oh, also, sorry a little late on announcing this, but I released an update about 2 days ago that has support for ground vehicles fully implemented, and aircraft engines will now be muffled. As always you can get it from the http://realitysoftware.pancakeapps.com site.

Thumbs up

2017-08-18 17:25:21

hi
farhad, did you download the latest update? and the rest of you guys, there are 2 new help topics. factions and resources.

Thumbs up

2017-08-18 17:34:18 (edited by Farhad Ali Bhatti 2017-08-18 17:38:01)

oh sorry sorry sorry
latest update!!!!!!!!
going to download now!
very thank you to vlad friend!

Thumbs up

2017-08-18 18:33:09 (edited by Farhad Ali Bhatti 2017-08-18 18:33:50)

@danny
@vlad
I have downloaded the updated version of dmnb, very nice for starting music back.
but I login and enter on my chhar, so it said downloading map.
but nothing after that.
what is the problem?

Thumbs up

2017-08-18 18:34:01

I have the same problem as farhad.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

Thumbs up

2017-08-19 06:22:13

Hi all, sorry for those who experienced the log in ishues yesterday. I reverted the account system back to its old state so you can login smoothly again.

Thumbs up

2017-08-20 16:17:54

Greetings all. The update i've just released contains the requested feature of console volume adjustment independant of environmental effects volume, you can find it under the options menu under audio settings and volume. In addition, the console sounds have been replaced, thanks crashmaster for contributing the new sounds. For those who experienced the map loading problems, I think I may have found and fixt the ishue, so you should no longer see maps that have objects from the previous map, or that sort of stuff. If the problem returns let me know, i'm not exactly sure weather the solution I implemented completely stopt up the problem or not. Moving onto server side, mine shafts when spawned after you hit the manual item on the start mining operations option in mines, will now generate resources scattered about the area. Now all i've gotta do is to implement the equipment to get at these resources, and once that's done you should be able to get the materials from the mines. Once that's done, I can continue work on the crafting/building system. I've also implemented module packs. What these do is after installing a console into your custom ship, and the rellivent station module E.G navigation module to provide a navigation station, you can install these packs to provide the functions accessible in that station. Different packs have different modules, these will be coming to stores soon for your custom ships. And lastly, the galactic starmap. You can click on this in your inventory after getting it from inderion station to get a list of all solar systems currently present in the game. With all that out of the way, get the update for both linux and windows at http://realitysoftware.pancakeapps.com

Thumbs up

2017-08-21 09:03:33

hi. I've bought a standert chair and installed besides my pilot consol on my mike shuttle. But When I stand up I can't move at all. I stuck. press a s d or w I can't move. I bump into a wall

Thumbs up

2017-08-21 15:31:58

I'll have a look. @everyone else, navigation, status, and security modules are now available at inderion station, as well as their asociated module packs. The only thing left to do is to finish off so you can buy ship systems, after that, your ships will be flyable. Once that's done, I can then turn my attention back to the mines and resources.

Thumbs up

2017-08-22 15:26:53

Greetings. Ship systems are now available to be baught at inderion station for your custom ships. The best part about the way this system is set up is in the future, I can offer different systems with different stats at different shipyards, and in the future, if the resource system fully takes off, you might be able to build your own ship components and sell them.

Thumbs up

2017-08-22 15:47:58

nice, time to get this ship out of inderion and on the shipyard when i can

For me, the new coding age begins!

Thumbs up

2017-08-22 17:56:52

@danny
today I died for my wrong experimental, so I cant create my char again.
reason:
spaces are not allowed and it is very bad for me, because i have many ships and above 2ml credits I have loss.
if it posible to back my ships again?
because it is your fault you have not allowed spaces.
if it posible, so tell me.
I have many ships that i dont want to los.

Thumbs up

2017-08-22 22:42:04

Hi Folks,

I have had quite a few people, via various chat forums, ask me if The death match pilot's handbook, galactic public edition, by connor142 is up-to-date. The answer to this question is an emphatic no! DMNB has seen many massive changes sense the publication of this guide. While we at Reality Software would hope that connor142 would update his guide with new information, it does not seem like this will happen in the foreseeable future.

If you ever need help with any Reality Software products, you can always shoot us an email by writing to [email protected]. If you require assistance on DMNB, within the game, press F1. You will be presented with a help menu that contains several very useful articles on how to play DMNB. And if you still have questions, don't hesitate to post here on this forum. We at Reality Software hope that you enjoy playing our games as much as we enjoy developing them.

Yours,

N.C.

Reality Software
www.realitysoftware.pancakeapps.com

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

Thumbs up

2017-08-23 00:07:25

well, i could do an up to date guide on DMNB

For me, the new coding age begins!

Thumbs up

2017-08-23 08:01:18

Hi.
I think it would be best if the documentation in the game will be kept up to date. It would be awesome if you would help with that, Cuddley.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-08-23 10:05:14

very good but also help me, i am older and regular player of this game, so please i want to back my ships with my player.

Thumbs up