2017-08-22 04:14:45

Hi all,

As the subject says, this is our latest addition to KiraMoji, dubbed Ding!

For more information, please visit This topic or you can Make your Ding at Ding.ga!

Enjoy!

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2017-08-25 15:31:13

Due to poor user experience, the new Ding was born, internally dubbed Ding 2!

We have lots of new things, including better iOS support and flood protection.

Check us out, and happy chatting! (The Kiramoji thread about Ding is also up to date, you can see reasons why we wanted to change things there as well.).

And now, coffee...

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2017-08-26 19:59:14

Hi there, how do i get to install it from source?

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2017-08-28 21:19:36

Hi,

On the bottom of the Ding page, there is a Github link. If you open the page, it will give you install instructions. Let me know if you need more help!

Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2017-08-28 21:20:39

Hi people,
We have been busy with Ding again, and have added some nice features that many of you will enjoy, I'm sure. Click for the details. https://kiramoji.ga/kareha.pl/1503367755/

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2017-08-29 04:51:46

@robjoy

Thanks, but is the service really anonymous? I  have perused the documentation and if I am correct, the user exposes his IP address to the provider of the service, and though that might not be a concern, an IP address may be personally identifiable unless the user  takes some steps to obfuscate it.

Can we use the service over Tor?

2017-08-29 11:50:27

Hello,
Anonymity in this case means that you are not exposed to other users, you can hide behind an entirely random nick. Your security is ensured by https encryption, however we cannot protect you from MITM attacks. If you want to be completely secure, you may use Tor, which indeed works.

We will never ask for anything that can identify you, nor store logs on our server. The only information we have about you is your IP address, which is used up to 30 minutes, should you flood our service. This is after getting kicked three times. Other than that, your IP is used to reach you when delivering messages.

We are working on something completely secure, where each room member will have to set the same key in order to chat, and the server has absolutely no knowledge about the message content, in case you are worried about security.

Hope this answers your question.
Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2017-09-01 15:20:31

Hello robjoy, i will take a look at how to install it there!
thanks for this amazing thing that you made, and i like it a lot

best regards

2017-09-01 16:14:05

Hello, i looked at how to install it, and it looks like i can do it.
the problem is starting the npm!
let me show the error, and please can any one help me with this:
npm ERR! node v6.11.2                                                                                                   npm ERR! node v6.11.2                                                                                                  npm ERR! node v6.11.2                                                                                                   npm ERR! syscall open                                                                                                   npm ERR! enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'C:\Users\NBUser\package.json'                                  npm ERR! enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'C:\Users\NBUser\package.json'

best regards

2017-09-01 20:24:15

Hello,

I'm glad you like it!

I'm not sure why, but NPM is unable to find package.json.
You might have better luck with the latest (current) V8 release from here https://nodejs.org/en/download/current/

If you encounter an error even with this, please post the steps you took to install, e.g. the directories you used, etc.

Hth,
Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2017-09-03 13:24:07

i stil did not get it to work. can i add some one on skype and then can any one please help me with that.

best regards

2017-09-09 19:15:17

Hi,
If you send me an email robjoy88 (at) gmail (dot) com, I will try and help you get it up and running.

Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2017-09-09 19:27:52

Thanks Robjoy, i will do that

best regards

2017-09-14 16:48:50

Okay so I'm slightly confused here. Is this something you have to install, or just something you can use in your browser? Only because in the original post that you linked us to in your very first post, it seemed like something you could just make work from the browser. Now however, it looks like something you have to install. So... yeah. Just curious.

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches with in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
Emily Dickenson

2017-09-19 00:53:03

Hello,
Ding indeed runs in your browser and you do not need anything to be installed for it to work. The last messages have to do with the server, in case you wish to host your own copy, should the official https://ding.ga not be trustworthy or reliable enough for you.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2017-09-26 05:45:54

Okay so I clicked on the link above and it just led me to an edit box where I guess I type something and it just goes.
But from the description, I was under the assumption there would be different channels that you or someone else can just randomly create and have random people join.
How on earth is that done?
I'm told you just have to change the URL, but... how? lol

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches with in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
Emily Dickenson

2018-04-26 17:39:49

hi all, do i need to have my own server for this, or can i also use a web server on whitch i have a website?
if i can't use my own server for this, is there another alternative to ding that i can host from my website?
thanks and best regards

best regards