2017-08-21 00:00:42

Hello,
DO you guys ever tried learning japanese on DUolingo platworm?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2017-08-21 09:19:52

well, I would like to use duolingo to learn another language, but the problem here is that every lesson has this one exersise where you get new words in your vocabulary. However, you're supposed to find the correct meaning of these words out of three, without having heard the word in question before. I think there are pictures on the screen to help sighted people with this, but we can't see those so the exersise is pointless. Also there is a wordlist on the website, but this wordlist doesn't exist on the IOS app. Or at least, I haven't found it.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-08-21 11:13:15

Ah, on the excercise selection screen you have to hold your finger on this word.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2017-08-21 11:43:55

oh, that is good to know! But I would still like the wordlist to also be visible on Ios devices.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-08-21 13:41:01

I am learnning english but there buttons unlabled on android

2017-08-21 13:56:35

Where's the worddlist on other platworms?

2017-08-21 14:52:31

And this folks, is why you don't try to do anything productive on a phone tongue
Nah, but seriously, using NVDA and Firefox or Chrome Duolingo actually works quite well. Not everybody reads but it can be used as a very useful tool. If you want more after that, Memrise works in a similar way to some of the Duolingo exercises but they teach you mainly words, and sometimes grammar concepts based on examples you memorize. If you want better explanations of certain concepts You would need extra resources, For Japanese I really, really like Tae Kim's guide to Japanese.

2017-08-21 16:45:37

Hi,
That sounds cool. I know this is a Japanese learning topic but this is also language related, does anyone know a good way to go about learning some Spanish? We go on holiday to Spain a lot and my parents think it might be a good idea for me to learn, and I agree but I'd like something fairly accessible, and a way to read pronunciations correctly.

2017-08-21 17:18:01

Duolingo exists for spanish as well, especially for touristy stuff I think it should be a good start and it has audio clips, so you can hear the correct pronunciation. I don't remember if the audio clips are TTS or not.

2017-08-21 19:21:52

Some are TTS, some aren't./

2017-08-24 04:20:05

hello everyone.So as far as duolingo on the pc goes, I can't speak for mobile devices as I do not learn on one.anyways, as far as duolingo on the pc goes, it is accessible.First, as far as the new words go, you can always skip that word, and it will give you the answer, and so you can learn it like that. also, if that doesn't appeal to you, you can always guess, then click continue and it'll either say you're wrong or right. if you're incorrect, it'll give you the correct answer as well.As far as the voices go, for the ones I know, they are actual voices with correct pronunciations.I have not, as of yet, come across any that were tts voices. However if there are, I trust they are done well enough, that you can listen to the pronunciations.the only problem I have, and question for you guys is this.On the portion where it says

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches with in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
Emily Dickenson