2017-08-20 15:03:56

I discovered this some time ago and thought I might post it here. Rebuild the universe is an incremental game played through the browser in which you have to, well... rebuild the universe. You start with one single atom, and must start by buying quantum phome. This generates more atoms, and so you have to progress through the unit tree buying units that range in size from quantum to hypergalactic. You can also buy bonuses for all of these units. Each bonus slightly increases the unit's atom production. Buying units also increases the size of your universe, and when you 1st buy a unit, then buy a bonus for that unit, you can get a brief summary of what the unit is. Specials are one-time things you can purchase. There is one for each unit, and they enhance a unit's productivity by 100%. And now the incremental part of the game comes in. Once you have a lot of atoms, you can feed the entire universe you created to a black hole. This will then become stronger and for your next playthrough you will receive a bonus to production. I don't recommend doing this too early, wait for the bonus to go up higher. Go to
http://rebuildtheuniverse.com
To start playing.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-08-20 18:51:24

This game lags a whole lot, is there anything to do to kill th elag. I opened the option panel and turned off the animations but it still lags here.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2017-08-20 19:48:12

try playing the game in chrome, that should reduce the lag by a lot if not stop it completely.

2017-08-21 09:34:37

Ofcourse, but (and this is problem), You can't read every descriptions on items.
But, I don't know really, why It made so many lags in Firefox and, this is not also of this game problem in Mozilla. It'll be better to contact authors, but I understand, that some things won't understand.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2017-08-21 11:40:45

I have found that for some reason, nvda can't really handle games like these in firefox, when there is a lot going on. Web support for chrome is a lot better, because it doesn't lag at all unless there's something really, really intense going on. Since we can't play the more complex unity or flash browsergames, that will probably never happen.

2017-08-21 12:00:34

I have played the game for some hours now and I'm addicted to it. the game seems pretty linear in advancing on, the thing that I like the most is that you can learn a lot of stuff by progressing and reading the description of every object available. My universe is pretty big now, I'm advancing through the celestial objects now.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2017-08-21 12:47:28

But, please, how to activate those descriptions?

2017-08-21 13:01:21

you can read them under the stats pannel, the one with with the size of your universe. when you buy new items in a given category the description will appear there. for example when you buy new humans the description of them will be under the stats pannel.

Stephen King

2017-08-21 13:22:22

actually, to get the description of a new item what I always have to do is buy the item, get the 1st bonus for it, then it appears.

2017-08-21 14:59:12

Or, I have discovered this technique with NVDA.
Go lover on link what do You want by pressing nvda+2 on desktop, then move nvda mouse NVDA+slash (everything on numpad) and slash and You can read It.

2017-08-21 15:44:45

Lol, this game is such a timewaster.

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.

2017-08-21 16:06:56

I am sorry, what means timewaster?
I am not english native speakers, but I feel this explanation, but I don't understand It.
This game is something, like the reborn, or domain of heroes. We can do ordinary work and keep this game runnig, as long as We want. This is timewaster?

2017-08-21 16:42:35

It means it's a good game to kind of sit and watch, it's why they call it a timewaster, and a lot of these are called that for good reasons, although sometimes if you are stuck just sit and watching you are stuck waiting for the next thing toh appen. I haven't tried this game yet, but I plan to soon.

2017-08-22 00:32:09

Hi,
A bit of an update here. I'm playing the game in chrome, and for some reason, the only tab that really, really lags is the "bonus" tab, all other tabs are fine. Also, the options menu doesn't tell me if something is on or off, so I can't confirm waht's happening. Is there also a way to turn off the music or will that always play?

2017-08-22 09:07:36

you can turn it off by hitting the first button on the page, the one that says submit.

Stephen King

2017-08-22 15:28:04

Wow, why is that button labeled submit, that's one of the odddest label names I've seen for a while, considering it turns the sound off.

2017-08-23 00:53:19

An update: this game is awesome. I don't know if it's worth a database entry or not though, but there is quite a lot of content. But you are watching numbers go up, which, honestly, is part of the game's charm. Seeing your universe go from 0 atoms to around a million in half an hour is quite awesome. But I have now figured out a few things, when you get to the 100 bonus for each unit, the prices are going to really start going up, so you are better off getting to that point for each unit and then buying the next one in the tree, and buying the specials as they become available as well. There's also another accessibility bug, where there seems to be no easy way to view your achievements unless you ge it in an alert. Clicking the achievements tab brings up a few categories, but these don't seem to be clickable with spacebar which is really annoying if you want to check your progress on that front, but apart from that, this game has a few different ways in which you can approach it, whether that's taking it slow buying each category up one at a time (this is tricky though) or buying up as many different unit types as possible (this seems to be the best route if you combine it with the bonuses). That million I mentioned, that's nothing compared to what happened to me earlier. I got to a quintillion and that was basically in a few hours. This time, I'm already at a million in half an hour because I'm taking a slightly different route and actually figuring out how things work,a nd that's the interesting aspect. Is there strategy? Sort of, do you try to max out a unit or do you move on and come back alter, maxing out is something I haven't achieved yet and I think ti would take a very, very long time if you were to try maxing out every single unit one at a time. I believe, instead, the other units help you to very gradually max out each category of the universe. If you keep on buying up units you are going to reach a point where you will need 60000 million atoms and maybe only have a few million, so you'll be waiting, but if you bonus up some of those units to 100 you can really start gaining, especially with the specials as well. I hope this helps those first starting out, and you'll notice that I've tried not to spoil what you are actually buying up at all, just using numbers, so I'll let your imagination run wild there. Let's just say there are a few surprises though and some quite satisfying and fun ones.

2017-10-12 00:01:16

Just wondering if anyone knows the answer to my question? When I close chrome and come back to the game later, none of my progress has saved and I must start over. Is there some setting I've missed that saves cookies?

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2017-10-12 10:29:23

you should check if you have private browsing enabled, I'm not sure if that deletes cookies though. Also you may have accidentally disabled auto saving. Click on the thing that says "Space monster" and you should see options.