2017-08-18 18:08:27

What I don't understand is why Q is working on Captcha be gone and not on any of his other projects. That's what makes no sense. He's got other great projects that definitely need some updates. I could name a few, but I can certainly say that QRead definitely needs one -- it's MOBI implementation doesn't even work.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2017-08-18 18:57:24

What I find more irritating than that he's ignoring his other projects that could use updates, I have yet to receive a reply from him to any of the emails I sent requesting technical assistance with QRead.

Based on that alone, if there was another viable captcha solver for Internet Explorer that actually worked, I switch to it in protest of being a paying customer and being ignored.

There's just no viable excuse for treating customers that way.

2017-08-19 20:41:23

I have very slight hearing loss in one ear (10 DB shift from right to left) which means that I am very sensitive to any background sound at all, so actually, it's very hard for me to listen to the Google audio CAPTCHA without nearly blowing my ears out with such a high volume. I guess I'm glad it works out better for others, but really, I'm just pissed off with all these efforts to mistreat human beings for absolutely no reason whatsoever. It's offensive, annoying, and wrong. IMO.

Because Google visual CAPTCHAs can't usually be operated using these CAPTCHA solver solutions, it is actually worth it for me to use Rumola (one such system) against the visual CAPTCHA on any property, and with greater speed, than any Google CAPTCHA, which will always be audio if a blind person must solve it independently. So actually I fear the Google CAPTCHA more than the non-Google ones.

In the past, sound CAPTCHAs have typically been the weakness and have generally been attacked with a higher success rate than visual ones. But really all CAPTCHAs are "security by obscurity", since they rely on what essentially amounts to a recognition barrier that machines usually exhibit in pattern recognition. The problem, of course, is that since an algorithm creates the CAPTCHAs, it's not long that an algorithm learns how to filter out the noise, and in fact Google have successfully attacked their own CAPTCHAs in the past; it's a big reason why they are now deploying the "invisible" CAPTCHAs they now are.

Just myself, as usual.

2017-08-19 23:17:17

I have tinnitus in my right ear so any kind of screwing with the sound gives me a ton of trouble. That's why I don't even bother with audio captchas and just use Captcha Be Gone on the graphic one.