2017-08-19 00:57:38

Hi all,
I have started to learn BGT. I had  some nolige of programming in the passt, so the tutorial wasn't mutch of a problem. How ever, I think that pack_file object isn't explained quite good. That's why I ask the following questions.
1. How to use sounds or any file other then text files in the pack?
2. What's the advantage of using a pack then simply putting encrypted sounds in a folder?
3. would be apritiated, but is not required, some code example of an application that uses packs.
Kind regards,
Aleksandar

If life gives you communism, become a communist dictator.

2017-08-19 01:59:08

1 To use sounds from a pack, use the set_sound_storage function. Use either the pack name, or * if you're including the pack in your executable.
2. I'm not really sure... If you want to include everything in a single executable, you'd include a pack containing the data files, but otherwise, I'm not sure that it provides much benefit. Actually, there is one advantage to using individual encrypted files, rather than a pack: if you need to add, change, or remove files, you'd have to modify the pack.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-08-19 15:54:19

Thanks allot
Kind regards,
Aleksandar

If life gives you communism, become a communist dictator.