2017-08-18 14:07:14 (edited by LyorahStudios 2017-08-18 15:33:06)

As one of the founders of Lyorah Studios, a micro entertainment studio, I would like to introduce "The Girl Who Sold the World" to you.

"The Girl Who Sold the World" is an audio adventure game that aims to provide a complete gaming experience with almost any visuals.

Just an exciting story, amplified by pure and fascinating sound, that allows your imagination to run wild.

Your goal is to help the main protagonist Frances, a 16-year old girl, survive the strange world she inhabits and discover the truth about who she really is.

Basically, you plug in your head phones, connect with the messenger called Skyler and there you are —  right in the middle of Frances Reeds’ journey.

She wakes up in a strange world she doesn’t understand — yet.
She lost her memory, she lost her family — she lost everything.
And you have the opportunity to accompany her in real-time, give her advice and make important decisions which are going to lead onto different paths.

You’ll have to be courageous to take away her fears.
You’ll have to share your intellect to help her overcome obstacles and solve puzzles.
You’ll have to show empathy to let your friendship grow.

And then, somewhere and sometime, you and Frances are going to reveal the truth behind all the things that happened but didn’t make sense at all.

"The Girl Who Sold the World" will be told in seven chapters, split into 20 sub chapters of similar length, plus three shorter flashbacks (approximately 1/3 of the regular length), which are kind of prequels, telling the back story. The first chapter titled "The Loss" already hit the stores. 

Get TGWSTW on Google Play :
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … ios.TGWSTW
or
Download TGWSTW on the App Store :
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-girl … 26947?mt=8

Launch Promo ends on August 18th - so don't hesitate!

Since we have been working on this project for almost one and a half years now, developing it from scratch, we were extremely curious how a bigger crowd will respond to this new form of adventure gaming.

This is some of the feedback we would like to share with you:
"I think this game will soon be very popular. It's probably the first audio game which is so immersive with such a quality! You have to give it a try! Frances (the teenager that you help during the game) is very charming, you won't regret the meeting!" - Florent M.   

Also, a lot of visually impaired and blind people reached out to us, requesting to make this adventure accessible also to their community.
We are very sorry that we couldn't achieve this at launch, as the development of chapter one ate up all of our budgets (micro by any means).
We made this our goal for the future.
But, as we set our standards high, we decided that it wouldn't be enough to just have a voice over superimposed.
We want something more. Something equal in regards to immersion and game experience.
We call that game play experience EAR-MODE because regardless of whether you have no sight or just don't feel like looking on the screen, you'll be able to focus on your very own "mental cinema" and immerse in the story completely.

We already started a discussion on this topic  (https://applevis.com/forum/ios-gaming/g … d-ear-mode), as we want to involve those who should benefit the most of it in the process of developing it. You are welcome to join.

If you want to know more about us and this project, please visit our website www.thegirlwhosoldtheworld.com or FB page (@LyorahStudios) for further information, or follow our Twitter @LyorahStudios.

Of course, I would be happy hearing from you personally, too.
Should you have any questions feel free to drop me a line.
I'd be glad to help. 

All the best,

Barbara
Lyorah Studios

2017-08-18 14:54:03

Nice. Will give this great thingy a try.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2017-08-18 15:02:01

Great! I hope you enjoy it.

2017-08-18 15:03:41

is there a PC version?
I don't use google play because it is inaccessible

2017-08-18 15:12:24

Wait so apologies is this playable by the blind at its current form, or will this be in future? I only ask because I saw that earlier in your post it said that episode 1 took most of your budget and that access would come later. Either way this looks fantastic and I only wish I would've known about it earlier to back it.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2017-08-18 15:23:24

is there an iOS version available for this game? sounds really nice, but unfortunately I don't have an android so I can't try it.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2017-08-18 15:24:16 (edited by death 2017-08-18 15:25:26)

Yes there's supposed to be a link to the appstore  in the first post, but looking back it looks as though the play store link was mistakenly posted twice.

2017-08-18 15:29:20

Is this like Timecrest and other games similar to that?  Basically, you have a text story, then choices, and you have to wait to see how they resolve?  Lifeline is the other one that is similar to this.

2017-08-18 15:38:56

I don’t see the AppStore link. I see two links that go to the play store

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-08-18 16:26:51

Actually, the game is not playable. I started a new game by tapping randomly on the screen. After a while I died because I make a choices by accident when tapping everywhere. LOL

I hope this will be playable as the game sounds just fantastic! great job guys!

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-08-18 16:47:03

Hello. The app Store link does not work with me

2017-08-18 17:18:35 (edited by LyorahStudios 2017-08-18 17:19:27)

Thank you all for your interest! You are amazing.

Apologies for posting the google play store link twice.
Here's the link to the App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-girl … 26947?mt=8
(Already fixed it in the main post, too)

I'll try to answer all of your questions as they were posted. If you don't mind I will use the short form TGWSTW whenever I refer to "The Girl Who Sold the World".

@Nick: I'm sorry to hear that, but there is no PC Version of TGWSTW. Right from the beginning, it was designed for the mobile platform, only. I would encourage you to try TGWSTW once Ear-Mode will be available and even encourage you more to work with us on that matter.

@death: first of all, thank you so much for your appreciation. We would have loved to implement Ear-Mode right from the beginning in order to be inclusive of everyone if it weren't for the budget. But there is still a lot you can do to back us, e.g. tell your friends about it, help us create some buzz. But most importantly, help us developing Ear-Mode. 
Any advice is more than welcomed and very much appreciated since this is a completely new terrain to us.

@blindndangerous: Yes, there are certain similarities to the games you mentioned.
All of these refer to the good old "choose your own adventure" scheme.
Lifeline, too, is based on real-time and the main character lives and dies by the players choice. But there are some basic differences that make TGWSTW unique. The most obvious is, of course, Sound. And by sound, I don´t mean the regular stuff that you can download from a library. No, this had to be real, too. We put every effort in the recordings in order to make this experience unforgetable. We build our own recording device and started playing and recording the scenes one by one. There is a long story about how and where we recorded, but he result is a detailed canvas that, I'm sure of that, will allow your imagination to run wild.
Another feature worth mentioning is that TGWSTW is an episodic audio adventure. Seven chapters will allow you to team up with Frances and let your bond grow. One of our early game testers said, that he sometimes felt like she was his sister, another time she was his friend and sometimes even his lover - not quite sure how to understand that, knowing that he just got married smile
The last thing I would like to point out is the variety of choices. Your decisions really matter and have a deep impact. They lead the story onto a completely new path. You alone are in charge and responsible for the outcome.

@flame_elchemist: here's the link to the App Store:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-girl … 26947?mt=8

@Lirin: I somehow knew you were here smile
Thanks again for your praise. We really do appreciate and hope for your support on the Ear-Mode development.

IMPORTANT NOTICE
Right now, there seems to be a problem with downloading the app from the App Store. Apple Support is informed and I will keep you updated.

Greetings to all of you,
Barbara
Lyorah Studios

2017-08-18 17:22:24

hi my i phone cant find the game on the appstor if i cleek the link it opens the appstor and just says in progress

regards
Hannes Fouche
Access gaming my YouTube channel https://youtube.com/channel/UC8CshzvGHEy2eR5L86nMM5A

2017-08-18 17:39:06 (edited by Chris 2017-08-18 18:47:01)

This seems like a great game. What sort of accessibility are you planning? Is it going to be recorded human prompts that read out all choices and any other user interface elements? Will this be coming to the Android version as well? Since I can't examine the game interface, I have a couple suggestions. A one finger swipe left or right should move through any choices/UI elements available and speak them. A single finger double tap should click on the selected choice. I can't wait until this is playable! This is awesome that you're taking the time todo this. I love these types of interactive stories!

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2017-08-18 18:41:55 (edited by LyorahStudios 2017-08-18 18:42:07)

@hannes: actually, I'm having a chat right now with the Support from Apple smile Trying to fix this problem as quickly as possible.

@chris: you have some really good ideas. This is the direction that we are heading for. Hope we can count on your support during the development phase.
I think we should intensify the search for a suitable voice that would match with Frances smile

2017-08-18 18:48:41

When ever you guys have a playable demo or want testers, just let me know. I'm able to test on Android and iOS. Just send me a forum email.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2017-08-18 19:04:16

... I can't download it for iOs. The appstore pages redirects automatically to an other partner syte in german u.u

And if I directly find it on my iPhone, it doesn't appear in my appstore.

2017-08-18 19:25:49

The game featured me in the app store. But it is paid. Is it experimental. Or what is going to be a beta test. I do not understand     
Sorry for bad english

2017-08-18 19:55:11

Hi,
Does Frances already have a voice actress? For the audiogame called Freeq by Psychic Bunny, they got their voice engineer to make a completely in-universe, but familiar, interface. I think having something like this could be cool for this game, maybe, although it depends. Maybe a similar narrator-type voice could be there to help with choices, or, is Frances talking directly to you?

2017-08-18 20:30:56

Is the game complete with all the Shabtras or every day Chappter or what

2017-08-18 21:11:30

I downloaded the game but it does not work. Should I wear a headphone?

2017-08-18 21:24:19

I downloaded the game too but, I can’t flick or hear voiceover after the game opens.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-08-18 21:36:31

I have same problem, my father had to help me to setup the game at the beginning, voice over doesn't work so I can hear.

2017-08-18 21:50:23

As of now it isn't completely accessible do to budgeting. It's just a matter of needing to wait.

2017-08-18 21:56:55 (edited by LyorahStudios 2017-08-18 21:57:23)

I'm happy to share good news with you:
We're back on the App Store and the App is free for download again.
To make this accident up to you, we decided to run the Promo one extra day on the App Store:)

@Aaron: yes, we do already have a very talented voice actress who is lending her voice to Frances. Her name is Sara Garcia and she did a beautiful job.
We heard over 4000 voice actors before we chose her:)
As far as Frances directly communicates with the player, I don't know ( yet) if we will adapt this style into Ear-Mode. Maybe we should have a poll on that topic later on. I will definitely have a look at the game you mentioned and maybe get some inspiration from it.

@abdulla-dubais: You have no sound? Which device are you playing on and which OS do you have? To answer your other questions:
The Girl Who Sold the World is an episodic game. The whole story will be told in 7 chapters. Each chapter (except for chapter one) will consist of several ( mostly three to four) sub-chapters which you will be able to play. Which sub-chapter you will be able to play depends on the decisions you make. For example, depending on decisions made in chapter one, you will unlock sub-chapter A of Chapter Two. If you are curious what happens in sub-chapter B, you will eventually have to go back to chapter one and make other decisions.  There are a lot of branches and a lot of stories to be told. Depending on the success of chapter one we would like to release chapters at a steady pace. For now, it is hard to tell whether it will take three or four, or even five months to produce chapter two. The Story is written (well, most of it), but we would like to hire a bigger team in order to speed things up a bit and to start working on accessibility.

Hope I could help,

Barbara