2017-08-12 19:56:46

so... here's a thing. I Went to have a blast at this today, and when a map loads key presses aren't being sent to the game. You can't quit, move or start your bike going. Once you've went through menus to get everything set up you're essentially  locked out of the game.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2017-08-12 21:32:25

If you use JFW with Chrome there might be some issues. I have just recently noticed that. Try using NVDA. And also make sure your browse mode is on.

Thanks for the support guys. It's really motivating to hear all this. I'm not saying I'm done with it, but I can't work on both at the same time so I'm juggling projects a little bit back and forth here. And a lot of things are going to change in the next year for me, so I might have even less time. . Sorry guys sad But I'll put every second I can spare into this kind of thing either way, so don't worry too much. I'll always have at least something for you to play. smile

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2017-08-13 13:53:07

Hi Ghorthalon.
I'm sorry for the off-topic question, but I'm not sure where else to ask this.
I have a question about Javascript: For many years, people have said this is bad for making games. Has there been released any updates or been developed anything which makes it so great now, or have you just figured out how to do it right, so it works great for games as well?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-08-13 17:17:15

Random question. Does anybody know the songs used as backgrounds in some of the worlds?

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2017-08-14 18:54:53

It be cool if people could make bikes and worlds to put into the store.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2017-08-14 21:28:26

Hi,

I'm having a problem playing Cycle Path. I was able to play the game using NVDA for speech output as the web TTS doesn't seem to work for me. However, it's now at the point where every time I start the game, I get no speech output at all after pressing Space to skip the intro. I can tell I'm in a menu, but the options don't speak. After pressing Enter a few times, I eventually get to what I think is the actual game, but there's no sound. This has occurred with both the web version using Firefox, and the Windows 64-bit version.
Is there a way to resolve this? I'd really like to be able to play the game again.

Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly Sapergia

2017-08-14 22:06:51

KS, are you turning browse mode on with insert space? Sometimes you need to do this with NVDA, and sometimes you don't.

2017-08-14 23:26:07

Hi,

@ksapergia: This is really odd. This happens over time? Are you sure the WebTTS option is turned off? If none of that helps, try maximizing the window. Speech output is done through a HTML element in the window, not sure if that needs to be visible or not... I've never had this issue.

SLJ: JavaScript keeps evolving. Browsers also keep evolving. Google Chrome wasn't around back in the days of Tarzan Junior. Since then, we have gotten things like the web audio API which allows for complex audio programming, things like WebTTS and joystick input, WebGL for graphics etc. JavaScript engines kept getting faster and faster, most browsers now ship with one that does just-in-time compilation instead of interpretation to execute code even faster, this used to not happen.
But not even just that. JavaScript itself has grown and has more features than it did. ES6 introduced the class syntax which looks pretty similar to BGT. Under the hood it still works differently, but it makes for much easier code understanding and easier to work with. I guess you could just say that browsers and computers evolved enough so audiogames aren't a big deal anymore. smile

@Jeff: possible, but probably not very likely. Unless of course someone wants to add it for me. smile I'm closer than ever to putting it on Github. So if anyone's interested in doing something with it get ready.

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2017-08-15 02:13:32

Hi,
@Flackers: Yes, browse mode is on.

@GhorthalonTheDragon: I had Web TTS on when I first started playing, and the game worked fine. At the moment, it's hard for me to turn it back off. Even when I maximize the window, I still don't hear any speech.

Hope this helps.

Kelly

2017-08-15 13:38:37 (edited by Adel-Akbari 2017-08-15 13:39:27)

Hello all.
I have played Cyclepath, enjoyed it very much, and unlock most of the things.
however, I don't know what the tunnel does in the game. I have unlock it, turn it on and played the game, however everything is completely the same.
I can not hear anything new in the game when i turn the tunnels on.
I am using 32 bit version.
Should i do anything special to use the tunnel!.
BTW, I can jump over ramps without any problem.

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.

2017-08-15 14:08:48

Hi.
Can you tell me how moder turning is working.
I dont understand this.

2017-08-15 16:25:20

The tunnels add a bit of reverb when you go through certain regions.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-08-15 16:44:00

@ironcross32,
and is this the only effect of tunnels in the game?

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.

2017-08-15 23:41:36

yep, its only that

Sorry for my english

2017-08-16 12:15:15

hi
ghorth, i'm glad that you made those decisions, i just can't wait to see it growing.

2017-08-16 13:23:03

hello all i have a quesstion how i can jump on the ramps? i can't do that please help me. another quesstion does this game have an audio revew?

2017-08-16 13:31:32

You have to turn on this option if ramps are unlocked. After that when you are driving your cycle you will sometimes hear a low beeping sound.
You have to center this beep as fast as possible and your bike will jump across the ramp automatically.
I still can not understand how modern turning is working, I am using classic turning.

2017-08-16 17:21:13

Hi,
Cyclepath latest version doesn't detect NVDA and doesn't speak with SAPI on my pc either. The basically doesn't give any audible feedback except the sound effects. Please help. I moved the local storage folder into the recycle bin from the app data, the game gave feedback with both speech and sound effects this time but my data was reset. So I reset the folder and the game doesn't talk. The old version, the first beta, uses the SAPI with no speech interruption so it gets very annoying. I am playing the 64-bit version from the pc with a windows 10 home single language pc.
Thanks.

2017-08-17 06:24:08

I tried the game on android, but I can't load the map, it beeps a bit then the sound stops.

2017-08-17 07:51:06

Sorry for double posting. I can't access the edit box to write my name

2017-08-17 15:23:11

Oh, does the new version now have a binary?

2017-08-17 17:40:59

If wont be loaded in browser version simply refresh the page and reload this map again

2017-08-17 22:38:39

Hello,
I am trying out the web version, but I can't get it to work am useing firefox I get it looks like your playing for the very first time, I push enter, but nothing happens I turned off the virtual PC cursor in jaws using insert Z and also am I sopose to here sound before I get it looks like your playing for the first time? Am stuck here.
Thanks
Kevin Roberts

2017-08-18 16:45:48

Although I came to this late, I'm very excited about this game.

Sdly though, I am having issues with starting the game on my LG K20 Plus, well... the biking part Additionally, how are suppose to play it with Talkback on, by usin the

2017-08-18 17:52:57

I have a problem with cyclepath. I have only windows7 32 bit. Yesterday i download 32 bit version of cyclepath. I unlocked and buy the freerun. I playing playing playing and between 7 and 10 minutes later the game will be quiet. and if i press the q key it don't quit so the game is freezing. What is the problem with that? My save or what? When i download the game i start it in an usb device. but after that first freezing, i copied that in my notebook folder, and it does again and again. After that i copied that in my desktop computer and the game does that again. So i don't know what is the problem. I can't believe that the problem is with my computer, because in web that game working wery vell. Sorry for my wrong english, i hope that you can understand me.