Hey all. I was gonna try to find a walkthrough for BK3, but no luck since the BTSync folder doesn't seem to be working, so here come the aforementioned dumb dumb questions.
1. How do you jump to places? That is, I know how to jump, but let's take the courtyard in 1-1. Sometimes I can get to whatever:7 to get the iron balls, and other times I can't get there, I get to eight or five or something and then end up getting back down to zero. What's the trick I'm missing to get stuff like this consistently?
These next questions are based largely on Nuno69's playthroughs, good stuff BTW!
2. It seems like you can set up a weapon and a sub weapon and switch on the fly. How? The rope is great for lamps, not so good for the green slimes and such.
3. There seems to be some pretty quick attacking going on. My attack is 30 or 35 and it still takes a few hits to kill the slimes, but Nuno69 seems to be killing them with one hit. How's that work?
4. I've looked for keyboard commands and found a list, but Nuno69 seems to be checking things like level and such on the fly, are there keys I'm missing? Do we have a really complete list somewhere? I've seen the one on the JGT addon page and Black Screen Gaming's list, and none of them cover this.
5. What do some of the stats do? I get health and attack and defense, and I gather tech let's you wield machines and such, so to speak. What does stamina do? Mine never seems to go down, even though it mentions that walking slower helps to recover it. I guess shield is specifically for armor?
6. Is there a walkthrough, or some hints, preferably in text? It took me forever to get at the rope in 1-2 and I only did it because I got to 81:0 finally, and used my weapon on what I thought was a wall just for fun. I still haven't figured out how to kill the bear yet, Nuno69 seems to be able to hit it twelve times and then jump away, but I try hitting it and jumping, and I get in one or two shots before I jump, and it still kills me.
I feel like I had some other questions but I can't remember them. Oh, BTW, I know there are supposed to be walkthroughs out there, two mythical ones by a person I forget, and Black Screen Gaming claims to have some, but they don't actually play. Nuno69 is the only one who has stuff that works, thanks Nuno69! However, I'm only getting little bits and pieces, I knew there was a bunch of weapons in 1-1 but not where, though the hint did help me track them down, which was nice.
Do we have a good solid "you're a total damn newbie" guide or something? I mean I don't need "go to 30:0, jump five times, hit enter, then ..." But something of substance would be cool. I mean I'm also thinking of this in terms of introducing the game to somebody new you know? Without Nuno69's playthrough I don't think I would have realized you could get the iron balls, and I mean, as you can tell from the first question, I still can't get to them regularly.
If there's no guide and people answer, I'll gladly start putting one together, although clearly, I might not be the best person for the job! It's an awesome game though, and I'm really glad I bought the translation. I'm also planning to introduce a friend to it and to buy the translation if they're interested in playing. I'm having a whole lot of fun. I'm just stuck. I need help! Help me audiogames.net forum, you're my only hope!