2017-08-10 03:57:30

I've been playing this for a while, and it's fun! It's a muck, which I'd never usually consider but I figured it was pokemon themed so why not, and it's far better than I thought it'd be. It seems to have a fully coded battle and capture system, as well as breeding, gyms, and trainer battles/trades. Although roleplay is enforced and there are fusions between pokemon and trainers, I haven't messed around with any of that, I've just been battling wild pokemon and leveling up my starter. From what I've seen of the areas, the descriptions are nicely written, but like I said I haven't been playing for long at all so I don't know much about the game. Just thought I'd mention it and see if anyone here has given it a shot. I almost didn't, because of the enforced roleplay, but so far it's a lot of fun and I haven't been bothered with that. Just had to write a description and bio, but that was easy enough.

2017-08-10 04:51:01

Thought about trying this, but the enforced RP kinda kept me away. Especially if I would eventually want to battle gyms and stuff.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2017-08-10 04:54:17

Try it! I had the same mindset, but honestly I haven't even interacted with the players at all, just been catching and training pokemon. The gyms are tough, and training really does make a difference, or it has so far at least. One thing about it though, the commands are kinda hard to get used too, but you can alias them in your client to make things easier.

2017-08-10 16:15:17

I kinda figured you'd have to roleplay with the Gyms at least, am I wrong about that?

2017-08-10 18:27:18

One thing I don't like about these Pokemon MUSH games is that you have to write a damn application for your character to be approved.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2017-08-10 20:22:05

I haven't had too yet, but I haven't made it as far as the leader. I've only beaten a couple of the trainers you fight beforehand, so you might have to rp when you get there, I don't know. But yeah, writing an application is always a pain, I just muscled my way through that part, and so far it's been worth it.

2017-08-12 16:32:43

It's a good game,  and the profile  thing isn't so bad. took me 5 minutes and  was approved not long after...

What the game really needs is a soundpack.  it would cut out some of the  extra spammy text.

I'm a blue eyed, pale pink, kitten.
A blue-eyed, pale pink, kitten that can smash the smashing out of people.
I'm mew, and you're going to get smashed.

2017-08-12 16:51:16

What's the playerbase like?  How many on at a time?  I might try it, not sure how well I'd be able to come up with something for the pokemon world for writing a profile.

2017-08-13 22:16:01

@FeatheryPeachKitsune,
Yeah, I think that a soundpack would enhance this game bigtime, as they usually do for any game smile if only I knew how to code such a thing. I could see it becoming amazing.

2017-08-14 05:39:35

Hi,
I might have, err, played this one and dumped it, wouldn't know as I have tried so many moos muds etc that it gets a bit difficult to keep a track of what's what.
That said, please tell me that the gym leader battles aren't roleplayed and there's! actually mechanics in the game as aposed to rping everything,and I probably will give this one a try.
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-08-14 14:05:06

Not hard to write a simple pack, would take you a few minutes to sit with lua or vip's coding system and figure out the basics.  If you want examples, their are plenty of packs that you can look at their code and look at how it's written.

2017-08-15 00:51:58

Just waiting to be validated, but this game looks great.

2017-08-15 21:09:21

So for anyone playing who may not know, I just learned a very useful command. It's +tier, that's tier with a plus sign in front of it, and it'll change the lvl of pokemon and trainers you fight. Just thought I might mention it, as fighting lvl five to twelve pokemon got old for me after while, and I thought the levels would be area-spasific as they are in the games but they weren't. It's probably mentioned somewhere on the game's wiki, but whatever heh.

2017-08-15 21:36:59

Cool. If only creating a character didn't take so damn long...

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2017-08-16 00:34:07

I wish they'd add some sort of physical description feature to the pokedex. That'd be pretty awsom, they could coppy them from bulbapedia and give credit, muds do it all the time.