2017-08-12 07:46:09

Still no hints for the first boss from the tutorial? lol

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-08-12 09:39:49

Hi.
i actually don't know if I am on the first boss of the tutorial. As far as I understand, you can move in all four directions, on a controler the controls seam to be the following, someone correct me please if I am wrong.
xBox controler playstation controler.
Jumping: a, x
attack: x, square
another attack, y, triangle.
movement, dPad or left stick.
That's how far I figured that out, I don't know if this is right though.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-08-12 09:53:41

You are moving only left and right. Also, there's r1 / RB is dash circle / b is interact / QTE perform during battles like combo ender.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-08-12 12:16:26

Hi.
Thanks for confirming that the game have english narration as well. The videos I found on Youtube has only Chinese narration, and people said it only had english subtitles. So sorry for that. smile
I would have given the game a try if it was available in my Playstation store. Damn those for not releasing it world wide. Well, time to see if I can get Steam up and running in Windows, I guess...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-08-12 12:46:14

Hi.
At SLJ, it's not hard to set up steam, if you want, I could give you some helpfull tips.
Greetings moritz.

2017-08-12 13:01:35

hi all, I've just recently tried this one for the PC, this one is pretty good enough.
anyways, a question: after completing the tutorial, I got to an overworld of some kind. after pressing the X button (I'm using a PS4 controller), I hear the narrator however this one is in chinese.
any idea on how to change it in to english?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2017-08-12 13:40:05

After downloading the game on steam it's in english by default (unless you are using some pirated copy, these are probably older. big_smile)

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2017-08-12 13:50:18 (edited by cj89 2017-08-12 13:50:50)

Just curious, how are you guys getting through the tutorial and all that? Just playing around?

2017-08-12 13:53:13

Orko, saying you don't want to play a game which is not developed specifically for us sounds just bad. If I'll be closing at everything because navigating Steam for example is not that easy (still doable) I'll miss so fantastic games. People are just saying Steam is bad, Steam is not for us as developers are not thinking about us. Right, true, but you have plenty of ways to access Steam:

-Windows client is accessible enough to browse, install / uninstall and play games
From the web you can do LITERARLY everything including launching games, browsing achievements etc.

No offense of course but most of the times it's just about being creative and if you want to achieve something it's always a chance unless you are not closing at everything only because it's not specifically for us. smile

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2017-08-12 14:21:18

Hi.
I have to look at this game soon.
Lirin has made a great guide for using steam.
If you will do what this guide is sayingm you will not have any problems with configuring steam.
I dont understand some people, which wint to try another games, because they thinks that steam is not accessible.

2017-08-12 14:27:00

As to the first boss, I know you have to finish it off with circle. I don't think it dies otherwise.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2017-08-12 15:01:01

Circtle is like combo ender and finisher. At the end of your combo press circle but keep in mind it's not always working.

I hope in the future We'll get audio cue when QTE appear.

If you need my assistance just let me know, I am somewhere at the end of the game I think.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2017-08-12 15:23:30

@Lirin

Where did I say that I was refusing to use Steam because it isn't written with the visually impaired in mind?

I said I won't use Steam because from experience, when I've had problems with games purchased through clients like Steam and Origin, the problems were more often than not, caused by the client.

If you want to dispute what I say, try disputing what I've actually said, not what you imagined.

2017-08-12 15:39:12

@Orko You mention in post #24 that you are not interested in games that are not written with the vision impaired in mind. I think this is what Lirin is referring to.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2017-08-12 19:25:54

Hi.
Ok, I am now at a sort of cutscene where someone tells me that icey has awoken and she should kill someone names Judas.
Does someone recognize that part?
Greetings Moritz.

2017-08-12 21:09:08

To be fair, I would not call steam accessible. Usable, maybe, but definitely not accessible. There is a difference. lol

2017-08-12 22:02:34

@robjoy

You are right, I did say that, and I meant it. To each his own. If lirin wants to challenge himself by attempting to play games designed for sighted people, all power to him and I hope he enjoys himself.

But telling me I am wrong for deciding not to use something not designed for the vision impaired is going too far. What I choose to use or not use is my choice, not his.

And I choose not to use Steam and other game clients like it not because it isn't designed for the vision impaired. I choose not to use it because more often than not, when there are problems with a game running under one of these clients, the cause of the problem is the client itself.

2017-08-12 22:32:00

Orco does have a point. While I'll certainly look into this game, I would prefer, perhaps a different game distribution medium. Usually I'd recommend Desura, but Desura apparently collapsed, which is quite a loss for indie devs as Desura was merely a distribution platform, nothing more. Sure, there was a *optional* client application, but the games were just standard setup files, with no drm. I suppose if you wanted to rap a game in its own drm to publish on Desura you could, but unlike Steam, you aren't forced to distribute your games with drm.

2017-08-12 22:36:15

While I understand the frustration with steam, I do feel Lirin has a point in saying that making that a reason for not trying mainstream games is putting unnecessary limits on yourself that don't need to be there. Regards to problems with games being caused by the client, this isn't entirely true... but as has been said, to each their own. If you are dead set against trying steam, then I'm not going to try and change your mind... this is why I have a ps4 and only will use Steam when there's a game only available on PC.

2017-08-12 23:32:09

Life as a blind person is challenging enough without choosing to try to use something that isn't designed to be accessible.

I don't shut myself out of things not designed for the vision impaired, I have quite a few items and programs not designed to be accessible and have figured out how to use them.

The primary reason I don't use Steam besides the fact that it more often than not is the source of the problem when games running under them don't work as they should, it's Valves attitude towards the vision impaired community by refusing to actively participate in making Steam accessible. That's a terrible attitude and I for one am not going to encourage it by patronizing them.

No, I'll take my money somewhere else where they are more open minded and willing to be inclusive of everybody regardless of their abilities or handicaps. A good example is EA. They are at least willing to explore what they can do to make some of their games more accessible.

2017-08-12 23:33:33

You'll definitely find EA is the exception rather than the rule... but I see your logic, I suppose, even though I don't personally see it that way.

2017-08-13 17:18:43

Well, it may just be me, but there's challenging and then there's downright frustrating... which this game is starting to get. Every now and then there's a powerful enemy that I can't seem to deal with because icey has seemingly so little health. And there's no way to differentiate between enemies that need a finisher versus enemies that don't. Can't believe it's taken me a day and a half to reach the giant cavern, and I can't even beat that section consistently because of the robot that shows up at the end of it, before I'm supposed to go through the gate. Not to mention I still haven't been able to get any upgrades... lol. sorry for the early morning rant, probably shouldn't be playing this game this early in the day. I like tough games, as most people around here know. But there are limits. lol

2017-08-13 18:47:48

Yeah I can't consistantly get past the cavern either. I'm stuck hitting circle at random times just in case I do need to finish it off with a combo.

2017-08-13 19:28:14

Yep, that's the exact part I kept dying at as well. Also how do you even upgrade? I haven't even seen a menu for that anywhere. lol.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2017-08-13 19:42:17 (edited by death 2017-08-13 19:42:59)

It looks like you pick up skills, but that also there's a menu when after pressing x on load game when you're in the game itself and able to move around but before you go right to the screen you were at you can press b/circle.