2017-07-01 16:51:06

blindboyblake wrote:

Hi all, its Bill LoserBooser haha. So I have a thought and maybe some will agree or not. But how about instead of capping things in the game, how about Sam letting us keep everything we collect until we actually die like in Swamp? Now maybe this might create it's own set of problems I am not thinking about but I think the good thing about this idea is that it gives everyone a chance to get high stats. And lets say two or three team players decided to come after one bigger player they should have mo problem taking him dow since shields really aren't that hard to take out. Once your shields are gone you are in trouble unless you can get away. Now this might still put 50000 health players against 100000 health players, but it would be way more of a fair fight than starting with 1000. Also this would allow for lower players to buy more stuff with bit coins and collect certain items like say 50 mass bombs if they wanted to. Or pipe bombs. Or item grabbers. Lets say this person went up againsta  player with 100000 health and had 50 mass bombs to use or pipe bombs to use against that player. That player isn't going to know what to expect. And even though there health may be higher, they could still lose because of the lower players stratigy. I think this would give the game a bit more of a stratigy to it and maybe take away some of the other complaints. This is just a thought and maybe not a well thought out one but still a thought none the less lol. Any ideas of this?

Love that idea.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2017-07-01 18:01:31

TheGreatCarver wrote:
The Dwarfer wrote:

Or, here's a good one. When you do as Blindndangerous up there just suggested, and get nice and good stats and everything, and... wait for it...
Redspot.exe has stopped working. Close the program.
And all that stuff is gone, as if you never collected it. It's not your fault either, because you didn't be an idiot and get yourself killed. Isn't that fun, guys?

That right there is why I do not play Redspot anymore... that and spam killing.

There is this new thing where, if it crashes, you can log back in and regain everything you would normally lose, accept ammo.

2017-07-01 20:06:28

That issue is largely fixed. The server can contain your items for a limited time.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2017-07-01 20:28:32 (edited by TheGreatCarver 2017-07-01 20:30:07)

keithwipf1 wrote:
TheGreatCarver wrote:
The Dwarfer wrote:

Or, here's a good one. When you do as Blindndangerous up there just suggested, and get nice and good stats and everything, and... wait for it...
Redspot.exe has stopped working. Close the program.
And all that stuff is gone, as if you never collected it. It's not your fault either, because you didn't be an idiot and get yourself killed. Isn't that fun, guys?

That right there is why I do not play Redspot anymore... that and spam killing.

There is this new thing where, if it crashes, you can log back in and regain everything you would normally lose, accept ammo.

I still want my freaking ammo to be saved... but oh well.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2017-07-01 22:09:02

Sam already said he'll fix that ammo issue, so be patient.

Greetings.
My twitter

2017-07-03 21:47:26

I have an issue with Redspot, which I Mentioned last year.
When I try to start Redspot while connected to my mobile hotspot, I get a speed hack detected error. At current, my only way of connecting to the internet is via mobile hotspot. Is there any way to fix this problem?

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2017-07-03 22:35:23 (edited by Slender 2017-07-03 22:37:05)

Unfortunately there isn't, as far as I know. Solutions have been thrown around, but in the end, the speedhack protection is unreliable, and the only person who can fix that is Sam.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2017-07-04 08:08:32

Hi.
A while ago, someone figured out that the speed hack detection happened if you are using sapi. A friend of mine had the same issue some days ago, and switching to his screenreader fixed it. That was for STW, but I think it works the same way. So if you are using sapi, then try to switch to the screenreader instead.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-07-04 18:28:15

I can't even get the game to start. The starting logo plays, then it says speedhack detected and closes automatically.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2017-07-04 21:21:21

Perhaps it is because the game doesn't allow That kind of network type to be connected or something like that

If life gives you communism, become a communist dictator.

2017-07-05 08:27:27

blindncool wrote:

I can't even get the game to start. The starting logo plays, then it says speedhack detected and closes automatically.

Also when using Jaws or NVDA as the screenreader?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2017-07-05 09:03:58

I never got a speedhack alert ever sence logging was disabled. You made sure you have the latest update? Also, may I know your computer's aspects? Note that if you have xp or a slow computer the game might have a hard time running or not run at all.

Greetings.
My twitter

2017-08-03 03:15:57

What happened to Red spot? Its been down for 3 days and no one has said a word lol

2017-08-03 08:31:06

Yeah I'm wandering as well. Some friends of mine who are playing ReadSpot a lot have mentioned the server is down, and they wander what's going on.

Best regards SLJ.

2017-08-03 10:23:45

the last message of the day before it went down was: Message of the day: Warning! Redspot will soon be going offline for an undetermined amount of time for some serius maintonence. Anyone with a base, please save all items. All bases will be here when redspot comes back. Let this message serve as your warning that the server may drop at a random time. There are some bugs that need to be fixed. People have been demanding there fix, right here right now. I can not fix the bugs in 2 minutes, and need some time to fix them with out more people complaining about them. I thank you for your understanding.

Greetings.
My twitter

2017-08-03 11:19:09

and also i see that kind of thing at sam's skype mood.

2017-08-04 00:46:46

Hopefully, the game will return. I never got to try it, so I hope it isn't offline for good.

2017-08-04 01:50:36

I haven't seen that message of the day, I also hope it will be up soon.
PS: when I have seen this topic all most at the top of the first page I was shocked. Well, nobody hasn;t posted in this topic for at leest a month lol.

2017-08-04 08:23:10

Thanks for posting the last message of the day. Yeah, a lot of people seems to have missed the message.

Best regards SLJ.

2017-08-08 02:41:04

Hi all. So I know I am popping up from out of the blue and I rarely check the forum anymore big_smile but anyway, I just wanted to let you all know that redspot should, and I say should because relying on me for a timeline or anything like that is about the most idiotic thing you could do smile redspot should, be back in a couple days with a rather cool client update. I fixed the bugs, but decided to take advantage of the down time by adding a few features, fixing some unrelated bugs, and enhance the clients abilities for more features in the future. As a result there will be a client update to go with redspot, and also, Connor Moser has given me permission to use his redspot handbook as redspot's main readme! So that's just a little of what's going on, I apologize for redspot's continued downtime.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2017-08-08 12:41:54

this doesn't mean I'll stop updating the guide found in the articles room. For people's convenience it'll stick around, and who knows, it may be something an interested rs player may look at before downloading the game to see what their being offered.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-08-08 19:57:17

Cant wate for the new  client update...
Best regard.
Aleksandar

2017-08-12 06:55:34 (edited by marro 2017-08-12 08:02:05)

Hi, TWITTER, now, Sam Tupy tweeted, #rt And, it's official! #Redspot is back!
http://www.samtupy.com/games/redspot.zip

kind regards and have a nice day,
marro

2017-08-12 10:46:36

yeeeeeeah the game is back and updated!

2017-08-12 15:00:45

Why didn't it say over the auto update teature.