2017-08-11 16:54:40

This is an interesting combination of story driven narration and a hack and slash side scroller, for Steam and PS4, coming from an indie dev team. A brilliant find, Lirin (Aka Seal111)!

ICEY is a 2D side-scrolling action game and a META game in disguise. As you follow the narrator's omnipresent voice, you will see through ICEY's eyes and learn the truth about her world. The narrator will constantly urge you in one direction, but you must ask, "Why? Why am I following his directions?“ Obey? Rebel?

The game has a female protagonist, and the developer team is open and friendly! The soundtrack is amazing, they did include a lossless version for free (which is extremely rare).

The sound design is brilliant, and the narration helps a lot during gameplay. Not to mention that it is extremely humorous.

There is a high chance that our suggestions for enhancements will be incorporated into the game, but even without it, the game is playable, though quite challenging.

This is the Steam link: https://www.google.hu/url?sa=t&rct= … UZ8zEYVMaQ

Check it out and have fun with those combos!

Game on!
Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2017-08-11 17:15:15

wow. Thanks for sharing. Do you have the menus? I'll check this out this weekend for sure.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-08-11 17:52:45

Well, it seems like I got excited too early. In my opinion, the sound design is bad, at leased what I have heard so far. It's difficult for me to tell what's going on. The narration, well, it's only in Chinese, so it's quite useless for me. I don't get how you can be that much excited for the game. It would be great to have some more information, and mainly how you find it playable and what's so excited about it. it would be great to know how you find upgrading the character accessible, and how you learn the unlocked combos .
Check out the following gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDX-wixiS_w

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-08-11 17:53:47

Is this game available for Windows without Steam?

2017-08-11 18:02:31

Hi.
Well, as far as I have seen it, there is an english translation in the game since february this month, at leased the changelog tells me that much.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-08-11 18:11:37

this definitely looks interesting, will have to give it a closer look later today

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-08-11 18:13:52 (edited by assault_freak 2017-08-11 19:09:08)

Downloaded it on ps4, and so far, there's no narration at all... lol. when is it supposed to start? Guessing it's probably after the tutorial mission which I didn't finish because I don't know where to go... and does anyone know where the language option is, if there is one? Just curious, as I do speak Chinese anyway. I'm also running into trouble with the first boss and not sure how to beat it. The sound design is good, but nothing breathtaking... lol. Just trying to figure out boss strategies.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-08-11 19:36:12

Yeah maybe put up a little gameplay demo or explain what to look for? From what I've watched so far it sounds ok, nothing to jump out of my seat for

2017-08-11 19:37:53

Narration? What narration? Um?

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2017-08-11 19:38:11

Well, the demo is in the video SLJ posted... lol. There isn't anything to look for... it's pretty simple to understand, which I suppose is the beauty of it.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-08-11 20:50:23

how can I get a copy? I can't use steam because it's not accessible.

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2017-08-11 20:56:37

Hi.
Urm yes, steam is accessible, we all use it.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-08-11 21:03:50

really? Last time I tried 4 years ago it wasn't. can you link me somewhere that can show me how to use it?

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2017-08-11 21:25:24

So far so good? Would be nice to have like a crystal sound and also the upgrade menu. Other than that it doesn't look difficult.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2017-08-11 21:30:48

Harrylt, it's not accessible by design, but it can be done. You need Nvda along with Ocr. Yet again, here's this indepth guide

2017-08-11 21:51:44

Hi all,

To answer a few questions:

1. The game is not available outside Steam, other than for the PS4.

2. The sound design is not groundbreaking, but it is brilliant for the game. You can hear the enemies in stereo, your attacks have unique sounds, etc. The only thing we need is sound clues for objects that we can pick up, plus the menus and the scrolling text to speak. But even without those, the game is playable.

3. The game has English narration, which happens as you advance on the stage.

Hope this helps.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2017-08-11 21:53:16

so I feel like I gotta ask, lol I'm a little stingy with funds, so a little hesitant to drop around 15 bucks rounded up for a game that doesn't seem to have much written info on it
assuming that the basics of the game are playable, is there anything that we can't do? if so, how important is it?
thanks

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-08-11 21:53:37

Yeah I'm at what I think is the tutorial/first stage boss. Like you said above just need menus readable/sound for item pick up if possible. Loving the game so far though.

2017-08-11 22:00:33

That leaves me out, I won't use game clients like EA's Origin or Valve's Steam, or even the one Guide Dog Games uses, if they are still around.

From prior experience, when there are problems with games that use those clients, it's usually the client causing the problem.

2017-08-11 22:22:21 (edited by death 2017-08-11 22:30:20)

So I know there's supposed to be voice acting, but I haven't heard anything at all. Have I done something wrong, or is there just none at the beginning?

2017-08-11 23:04:29 (edited by cj89 2017-08-11 23:08:34)

haha yeah sorry, turns out I might have been a little hasty. I actually sat down properly just before and watched a bunch more. That first intro bit is a tutorial of sorts, the narrator starts once the tutorial is over. It looks alright. You could always try seeing AI with it if that's an option for you. Might not be the most ideal option, but it's something

2017-08-11 23:18:16

Yeah I got past the tutorial. I believe you set the difficulty with l2/r2 and then the guy starts talking. Determined to get all 34 trophies in this one.

2017-08-11 23:43:55

@Orko, I'd rather use a non-Steam version as well, but the majority of the PC games are coming out on this platform these days. This basically means that you won't be able to play almost any mainstream game.

Apart from making Steam cooperate with a screen reader, I find it quite stable, for the years that I've been using it for, anyways.

Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2017-08-12 00:19:00

That's OK, I'm not interested in attempting to play a game that's not designed with the vision impaired in mind.

There are enough audio games to keep me challenged for a while, and when I'm tired of them there will no doubt be something new to play with.

2017-08-12 04:09:20

sounds very interesting, but sadly I can't get this one because when I look at the PS store here the game is not available.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!