2017-08-07 15:00:57

hey everyone.
Ok, I'm fucking furious. I don't get shit done in killer instinct on PC, as soon as I start the round, my opponent is on me, I can't hit anything, I get beaten around the screen, I can't do anything but just watch my character die. Can someone tell me what I can do about it? Even if it seams I can move, I also don't hit my opponent and as soon as I come near him, he catches me in a combo.
I need serious help now with that game because I just don't want to have wasted about 30 dollars for shit.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-08-07 15:22:07

Hi,
You may be taking part in the performance test, or if that's done and you managed to get to the character screen, you may have set your difficulty very high.
If you get to the character selection screen, press medium punch, then go down once and press left arrow to change the difficulty a little, then press a. Then pick your character and stage.
Also, do you know how this game works? It's not like street fighter ro mortal kombat where you mash buttons. Each character has certain moves that enter the game's combo system, although if you turn on combo assist you'll be able to use light, medium and heavy attacks to possibly enter it. Some attacks, like auto doubles, hit a certain number of times before movign onto the next part of the system. The system works like this:
opener, auto double, character linker, auto double, linker, etc, until you want to end a combo with a character ender.
So if ou were playing as jago, you could try:
Wind Kick (which is quarter circle backwards and kick) if that hits, press heavy punch. Then do a wind kick linker (I'd recommend heavy by pressing quarter circle back and then holding kick (not for too long though) and then press heavy punch, then end it with a fireball ender with is quarter circle forward and any punch.

2017-08-07 15:34:13

Hi.
Ur yeah, I know in theory how the game is working, I played around with Jago in the training mode to practice my moves and the game system, and it actually worked, so I wanted to try my hand at for example a versus game and the thing that I described happened.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-08-07 15:50:33

Hi,
It's probably your difficulty level in that case.
If you go to single player, then fight, then single fight, and then once on the character select screen press medium punch, and then down arrow, you should be on difficulty. If you tap left one, and then press a, you should be on a lower difficulty. It's a good diea to experiment with these.
In survival, it's even easier but survival is a little more tricky to et to the menu. The reason it's easier is because difficulty is the only option in the medium punch menu in surival, and there's three options as apposed to five or six.
Are you playing on xbox or pc?

2017-08-07 16:25:06

Hi.
Hmm yeah, the difficulty was indeed the thing. I don't care if I am playing on the lowest one, I am not doing these for competition, just for myself, at leased killer instinct.
I am playing on the pc.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-08-08 14:41:01

Hi.
I still need to look which modes of the game are actually playable, how to best break the combos is also beyond me, I sometimes make it, but more offten mess it up.
Also, does someone know a guide for the dojo lessons? Because I also can get some points with that.
Are there actually xBox trophys tied to a higher difficulaty? Because the only ones I have found yet are quite normal ones, and I want to unlock some of these.

2017-08-08 15:50:28

Most of the trophies are tied to characters. Each character has win a survival match, win 10 survival matches (or is it 20? I forgot), win a vs match, win an online exhibiton match, win a rank match, win 10 ranked matches, and chosen one which means play 200 of any match type including computer matches with that character, as long as you make 200 matches total count. So those are going to keep you busy. I would absolutely not recommend trying out any ranked matches until you get an idea in how the game works, and even then, be prepared for frustration. Now, if you are interested in getting some of those exhibiion trophies, I'd actually be willing to help you with that. I don't know if you have to do anything specific to get crossplay to work or if it just works, but I can play against you while you are on the pc, and while i'm on the xbox. If you have a microphone, we might even be able to party chat if the ap lets us, and I will be very happy to take you through the system and get you a few character achievements along the way.

2017-08-08 19:34:49

Hi.
Thanks for that, would be cool if you could do that. As far as I read up online, cross play should just work, darn, I love the xBox intigration into windows xd.
greetings Moritz.

2017-08-08 19:38:43

If your opponent is getting you in a combo right off the start... it might be a wise move to block a little. Just saying... any fighting game, even Killer Instinct, requires a good defensive and offensive balance.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-08-08 20:10:49

@6
The only achievements tied to difficulty (actual difficulty levels that is) are to do with Shadow Lords, a currently unplayable RPG sort of mode.  Due to this mode's unplayability at the current time you won't be able to get all the achievements in the game.  Anything that isn't to do with Shadow Lords you can get.

General character ones go like this, from what I remember:
*win the following*1 survival match
10 survival matches
20 ranked matches
Then there's:
Complete (*not necessarily win, but complete*) 200 matches
instinct achievement
Colour achievements for each character
fight challenge achievements for each character
achievements for qualifying in ranked winning so many matches and getting to Killer Rank (the highest rank other than top 32)

I think that's everything.  Crossplay, fyi, works without the use of an option unless you go in and tweak it from the defaults.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2017-08-08 21:04:39

Anyone have the dojo lessons? I'm stuck on lesson 6, and OCR only takes me so far.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2017-08-08 23:28:48

For those asking for the Dojo lessons, I don't unfortunately have anything.  There was a series on youtube that might be of help but I can't remember how far the commentary went.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2017-08-09 06:57:42

Hi.
I actually found a series on youtube, but they sadly did'nt comment on what you had to do there.
I honestly never really looked at blocking, I was always more looking at the combo breakers and not as much on blocking as for example in MK or SFV, terible mistake I guess.
What are those general fight challanges actually? And, does someone have a menu guide for the game?
The one I found on Ross minors website gave me a good idea, but it seams to lag some information and the menu structure seams to be changed.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-08-09 14:18:21

Hi Simba,
I know to get to single player you press down arrow then a/enter/light punch, I think. If you are using a controller I'd recommend that.
If you are using a controller, please let me know what type of controller it is so I can help you with commands and thigns a bit easier. If you are using keyboard it may be doable too, I might be able to get you into the combo assist mode. I don't remember how to get into exhibition match it's been a while.
What is your gamertag?

2017-08-09 14:37:21 (edited by sightlessHorseman 2017-08-09 14:38:22)

Hi-
At arron, i am using a standard xbox 360 controler. My gametag is blindLion213.
Quite sad that there are not more playable cross play and buy titles, I like the xBox interface on the PC ver'y much, looks better than steam also, when you look at trophys for example.
Greetings Moritz.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-08-10 14:10:41

Hi Simba,
That makes things easier because I'm also using an xbox controler so I'll definitel be able to help you with this.
What would be the best way to arrange a match -- what timezone are you in, and also do you know if you'll be able to use voice chat, that will make things easier for me to help you in real time.

2017-08-10 15:28:56

Hi.
I am in western europe, germany to be exact. I will give you my skype ID, mority4, maybe we could arange something bettter. I think I might be able to use voice chat, or is there a special requironment?
Greetings Moritz.

2017-08-10 17:58:23

I haven't used Skype for a long, long time unfortuantely. The good news is I'm in the UK, so we aren't too far behind each other. I think you have o use the xbox app to use voice chat but I don't know how it works on pc.

2017-08-10 19:07:43

Hmm, we have to see I suppose, what's your gamer tag actually?
Greetings Moritz.

2017-08-10 23:32:36

Gamer tag is jukesy1992

2017-08-11 12:43:02

Hi.
Alrighty, I dropped you a friend request there.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-08-11 15:50:17

I will see about adding it later on at some point, I don't know if it'll be today or even the weekend though, as there's stuff happening in real life.

2017-08-11 16:45:40

Sure thing, don|t worry, I have time.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-08-11 17:16:56

I've actually wanted to play against a human opponent for a while, but 1 I haven't found many people to play with, and 2 my computer barely runs the game at normal speed on lowest settings as it is offline, lol a little afraid what'd happen if I tried going online

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-10-02 21:21:23

I'm sorry to bring this topic back but, and yes, I know I have asked this a million times... Kill me later. Anyhow, I got the muse to try again, key word try. Are there any basic starting tips that I can branch off of? Thanks much.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.