Hey there everybody, hope your respective days are going well.

So. I've recently gotten pretty in to Survive the Wild, but i've noticed that a lot of users (at least from what i'm seeing) are either not very into the roleplaying portion of the game, or don't speak english. Being an avid roleplayer and writer myself, I couldn't help but be a little bit bummed out at that observation. That's precisely why i'm here.

I'd like to put together a group, multiple even, of devoted Survive the Wild roleplayers. I love the idea of building up characters alongside a close-knit group of survivors, and I think it could be a lot of fun if enough people got into it. I speak english, but if it isn't your first language, you're still more than welcome to join in if you'd like.. If enough people respond with interest, we can start talking more details about it all. But I really hope the thread gathers interest-- i think it would add a new layer of depth to a game that already seems to have a ton of it.

Hope to hear from some of you soon.

Thumbs up

haha yeah, most of them don't even understand what rp is, lol
I might join, but will see about it first.

Thumbs up

Hi.
A lot of the players seem to rollplay, but they do it on and off, and do it in the out of character chat as well. Therefore, you don't know when they speak as their character, or as the real person behind.
An other thing to have in mind: When using the in character chat, the text is being broken if you are too far away from the player. It took a while for me to notice that, and I thought it was spam. smile
I'm up for more roll playing, but I think we need to focus on getting more people to understand what roll playing really is about, and the difference between OUC and INC.

Thumbs up +1

I don't have any interest in roleplaying while playing audiogames. I had really bad experiences when I tried roleplaying muds ages ago, and it's permenantly given me a sour taste.

Thumbs up

It's not that people don't role play, cause everything you say via radio, tts or voice chat is concidered as role play. But if your message contain something not related to the game's time line using any of those items, there is a chance you could get warned about it and probably get your radios taken out if you keep doing so. But the problem is that the current stw storie is just old and not detailed, so people can hardly role play basing on it.

Thumbs up

i'd like to join you.  most of stw players are stupids.  when you ask a question they are starting to laugh at you because they think they knew everything from  the time when they borned. if you dont have trash players on your team, i'll join you guys

Thumbs up

SLJ wrote:

Hi.
A lot of the players seem to rollplay, but they do it on and off, and do it in the out of character chat as well. Therefore, you don't know when they speak as their character, or as the real person behind.
An other thing to have in mind: When using the in character chat, the text is being broken if you are too far away from the player. It took a while for me to notice that, and I thought it was spam. smile
I'm up for more roll playing, but I think we need to focus on getting more people to understand what roll playing really is about, and the difference between OUC and INC.

I seemed to have trouble distinguishing when people were roleplaying or not too-- that was the primary reason I wanted to start this thread. In regard to conversations being broken up the further you are away from them... I had no idea, haha. As I said, i'm relatively new to the game, and have only been playing it actively for a bout two or three days, so i'm still learning a ton of stuff.

In regard to informing people what roleplaying itself is actually about, i'm totally on board. I might actually write up a little something as a sort of explanation as to what it is, and why people do it now that i'm thinking about it.

aaron wrote:

I don't have any interest in roleplaying while playing audiogames. I had really bad experiences when I tried roleplaying muds ages ago, and it's permenantly given me a sour taste.

That's a real shame, honestly. I've had a lot of really pleasant experience roleplaying through other means. I've had a few negative experiences myself, but overall it's been posetive and fun. I totally understand how a particularly negative experience can leave a bad taste in your mouth though.

Amine wrote:

It's not that people don't role play, cause everything you say via radio, tts or voice chat is concidered as role play. But if your message contain something not related to the game's time line using any of those items, there is a chance you could get warned about it and probably get your radios taken out if you keep doing so. But the problem is that the current stw storie is just old and not detailed, so people can hardly role play basing on it.

It might be a little old, and it might be lacking on the details, but for the purposes of having fun with it all, I'm sure that i'm not the only one who could whip up some fan-fiction of sorts to give a better background to what happened, and what thrust our respective characters into  the situation we're in. I'm a writer in my spare time, and absolutely love doing things of that sort. Obviously it wouldn't be canonical, but it's a thought. I've spent a great deal of time roleplaying, and am definitely no stranger to world-building and lorecraft. smile

Obviously I wouldn't want to be doing it if it would get me in trouble, though. That's not my intention at all. I'm merely a seeker of fun.

AlirezaNosrati wrote:

i'd like to join you.  most of stw players are stupids.  when you ask a question they are starting to laugh at you because they think they knew everything from  the time when they borned. if you dont have trash players on your team, i'll join you guys

Well, i've certainly had the exact opposite experience. Every other player i've necountered in the chat has been nothing but friendly, respectful, and helpful to their best ability.

Thumbs up +1

Hi. This actually sounds great. I need to play my own game more big_smile but anyway. Here is something that may help you out. The new story for stw has not been released, but it has been in the works. This is the text of that story. https://www.dropbox.com/s/skjv0e6lqsw2j … y.txt?dl=1 If this actually ends up taking off, I could see about joining when I have the time or am online with my RP character, though that is not often at all. It actually did make me sad that there has been hardly any RP I could find. At least very rarely. Also, the conversations breaking up. It's just logical. If you get to far away from a radio's sending point, the voice gets more and more static. As this is text, the static is shown by random letters being dropped out of the transmission.

Thumbs up

Sam_Tupy wrote:

Hi. This actually sounds great. I need to play my own game more big_smile but anyway. Here is something that may help you out. The new story for stw has not been released, but it has been in the works. This is the text of that story. https://www.dropbox.com/s/skjv0e6lqsw2j … y.txt?dl=1 If this actually ends up taking off, I could see about joining when I have the time or am online with my RP character, though that is not often at all. It actually did make me sad that there has been hardly any RP I could find. At least very rarely. Also, the conversations breaking up. It's just logical. If you get to far away from a radio's sending point, the voice gets more and more static. As this is text, the static is shown by random letters being dropped out of the transmission.

[wow], thanks so much for the interest. The new story is great; What's there is definitely fantastic in regard to background, which is huge for creating a character. I always love digging into lore. In regard to transmissions over the radio being distorted, I really like it. It adds more depth to the gameplay and gives it a little more realism, which is really welcome in a game like this in my opinion.

For those who are curious, my roleplay character's name is Maximillian. My other account's name is Prism. Feel free to strike up a conversation if you ever see me around online. I promise i'm friendly lol

Thumbs up

Thanks for the new story. Does that mean the game will be worked on in the future?

Thumbs up

I just spent last night making things way less laggy and fixing a couple of bugs. Also the stw rank system is going to change a bit, so soon builders will be able to make new areas, items and quests for stw. Not just the admin team, but other people.

Thumbs up +1

Thanks for fixing the bugs and lag.
[wow]. Building and crafting things? That sounds totally fantastic... I'm looking so much forward to this...
I have a question regarding the server which has tricked me for a while: What makes the server suddenly restart and shutdown the game without any warning? Is the server not powerful enough, or is it because of some bugs in the BGT server itself?

Thumbs up

I have been trying to figure that out for a while. All I know is that somewhere there is a massive memory leak. BGT is 32 bit, so after 3 or 4 gigs don't know which, the program will crash, and my thing that makes sure the server is always running is forced to restart it.

Thumbs up

Hi, Is the Server offline? i cant. log in.
keep up the good work. this game is gread.

Thumbs up

15 (edited by Amine 2017-08-10 10:41:01)

No it's not, it's up.
Check if there is something wrong with your connection, make sure you have the latest update as well.

Thumbs up

Hi,
Ok, i have played for a wile but now i cant log in to my acound. may user-name is suko.
have i been baned?
regards

Thumbs up

@sir powl, names with 4 letters and less or only numbers get deleted whenever an admin clears spam. Please make another account, this time with at least 5 letters.

Thumbs up