2017-08-08 21:11:11

you know what this game needs? The drivers of the cars, trucks and what have you screaming insults at you as they doppler passed.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2017-08-08 23:10:58

Hey all,

thanks for all your comments and I will get to them when I have energy. But do know I've read them all.

I just updated the binaries and included a 32 bit build. Not as many changes as I'd like, but I've tried to change the worlds some to make them less difficult. It might not have worked very well yet, but we're getting there.

I hope I've fixed at least most of the memory leaks. Still, I can't tell you if the 32 bit build will run well on your computer, especially if the web version didn't.

It will keep all your data, so if you were playing offline and you have some stuff, it'll get it.

See you tomorrow. smile

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2017-08-09 00:29:33

how will I know when my bike straitens out after i turn?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-08-09 04:24:40

I think there might still be some memory issues, unless the game is really supposed to be this processor intensive. On my I5 system with 16GB of RAM, I was playing for over an hour straight when the game froze spectacularly, and I had to close it in Task Manager. I would guess that the 32 bit version would be designed to not be as punishing, but since I'm not running a 32 bit system I didn't test it. And, to be fair, I don't know that many people play for such long periods of time as I just did anyway.

Just out of curiosity, how many achievments are there in the game? And are there plans to add more as time goes on?

I was also thinking that it would be cool if it were possible for users to submit maps and extra bikes/cars. Is this something that's in the works, or are there going to be more official maps and so on added in the future?

Finally, would it be possible to add the ability to see how many coins you got after a game is over? Since we get to see our score, and how far we've travelled, I feel that it makes sense to see how many coins we picked up as well. This would make it easier to calculate how far we have to go in order to buy stuff in the shop without having to go into statistics.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2017-08-09 07:01:14

Hi.
Well, the web version already tells you how many coins you picked up, but it seams to me that the counter is off sometimes and you have picked up more coins than the counter tells you.
In the offline version I haven't seen that, but as far as I grasped, ghorth will put his focus on the web version. Well, it's his decision, but personally speaking, I don't know what to make of this.
Greetings moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-08-09 09:50:05 (edited by Mayana 2017-08-09 09:52:55)

I have 2 questions:
1. Bike 4 and 5 show up as bike 3 and 4. The e-bike shows up as bike11 when I select it. Would it be possible to show the bike names as they are in the shop?
2. When you buy bikes in the shop, you can read a description. Is there a way to read the description of bike1 and 2?
Also a bug, when you press play and select a bike, the bike sounds sometimes cut before the end. Maybe it's just me, I'm using chrome on a win7 32 bit.

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2017-08-09 11:29:45

hi. i have a question. i wonder where is the storage for web located? cause i would like to clear my data.

2017-08-09 12:44:33

Delete your cookies.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2017-08-09 14:09:33

Hi,
At this stage it's probably easier for Ghorth to work on the web version because it's instantl updatable, absically. With the downloads, there's the case that he has to keep on uploading the binary files, and in his last post he said at that time, his internet wasn't that great, so I think for now that's why he's working on the web version. IT'll also be a good idea to experiment with this as well, I think, as it lets more people experience it which is cool.

2017-08-09 22:23:10 (edited by flackers 2017-08-09 22:33:00)

Ghorthalon has already said that this game will not have missions, but maybe if it goes open source at some point then it might happen. At the moment the game is enjoyable and sounds great, but I find I only play it for 10 minutes or so because there's nothing really motivating me to keep trying in that way where you suddenly look at the time and find you've been playing for two hours. The arcade game, hang on, where you got on a mock up of a real superbike with a screen on the handlebars, and banked it to turn was one of my favourites as a kid. It was like cyclepath in that once you crash it's game over, but it had stages that started off quite short but got longer and longer. I never beat it, but I had some good runs, and the fact that you complete individual stages gave you a sense of triumph and achievement, and a moment to gather yourself for the next stage. I really think that sort of thing would give cyclepath more playability. Like distance stages, or collect so many coins in a certain time or whatever. It'd give you something to tick off, and I think that sense of progresss is a hugely important aspect of gameplay. I appreciate Ghorthalon is busy ironing out bugs, so this isn't a suggestion, merely wishful thinking.

2017-08-10 02:18:59

I feel incredibly stupid right now.

I just realized why I was still having issues with the game freezing and such. When I extracted the new version, I placed it in the directory where the old version had been previously. However, I also moved the old version into a different folder, just in case I encountered any showstopping bugs.

Well, the desktop shortcut I created manually was still pointing to the old version. I most likely never would have realized this if I hadn't finally decided to get rid of the old version. Lo and behold, my shortcut didn't launch, I realized my mistake, and could have smacked myself for the sheer duh factor. So, let me actually play the new version and then see what I have to say about it. Because in my quick test I just performed, it did tell me how many coins I collected. So sorry about reporting that. I could just edit my earlier post, but I'm really not a fan of doing that. It seems disingenuous.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2017-08-10 03:49:26

I have also seen the sound cutting off in the setup play screen. Also, I think some of the coins are placed too far away from the ramps, so it makes it that you drop before you even get there. This can even happen while you're going top speed, but usually its when you're not up to top speed, could they spawn based on distance and how fast you're going, so you could actually collect them?
It's only a problem usually until you get up to speed on a faster bike, sometimes even top speed on a slower bike isn't enough.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-08-10 11:35:24

Some very valid points here.
I should have probably mentioned that this project wasn't meant as something big. It's already gone far beyond what I invisioned, even with the amount of people playing. That's quite humbling. I was working on the FPS and encountered a problem, so wanted to get my mind off of that and create a short, quick game I could release in a week or two.

That week has now turned into months and I keep having that thought of this not being what I wanted to end up doing. I thought I would release it, fix some bugs for a few weeks maybe and have time to work on the FPS. But it seems like people are expecting more than that.

Because of this I think it's crucial that I start working on the game's open source release. I love this game, but probably not as much as some of you do. i hardly play it anymore, only like others said, for 10 minutes to jump some ramps and grab some coins. I was trying to learn my environment and it worked, I wasn't trying to make an amazing game. But it's spiraling for some reason.

Although most suggestions should be pretty easy to implement, like the time factor or the length factor, to a point where the game will have an end. Something to look forward to, something to cause a break, no matter what. But again, i was more designing the game after something like Lane Splitter - and I had never reached an end in that game.

So I guess we'll see where this project goes. I'd much rather focus more on my FPS, if I'm completely honest. I'm so much more thrilled about that, but I see a lot of people enjoy this game a lot as well so I don't want to let anyone down. Someone know JavaScript and want to help me out a bit? Haha.

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2017-08-10 12:05:57

Oh don't get us wrong, ghorth, your fps is likely to get as much, if not more, attention as this. ahaha. looking forward to seeing what you make of it.

2017-08-10 12:51:34

Ghorth, the same thing happens with many other games that get released. We don't get as many games as sighted do, so we all jump on the games that we do get and want them to be something big. If you don't feel like making it into that, that's fine. If you want a break, nobody can stop you. What you've made is already good. Not amazing, but it's a small game that you play for a few minutes to relax. That's fine too!

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2017-08-10 17:24:12 (edited by alisson 2017-08-10 17:24:42)

hei ghorth! Honestly, I'd rather you continue working on the fps. Is this game fun? yes. Has great potential to continue developing? of course!
But in my opinion everything that has this game is perfect, I would like to play something with 3D audio that is really frenetic and multiplayer.

Sorry for my english

2017-08-11 12:17:53

I am perfectly happy with Cyclepath the way it is. I am just thrilled that this game was also made accessible for the Mac. I hope the FSP will also have a Mac version.

2017-08-11 12:46:37

Hi.
At last post, well, as far as I no ghorth will use the same web language and interface, so I don|t see why there game shouldn't work on mac systems.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-08-11 15:49:11

I also like Cyclepath, I have every achievement on the desktop windows version but the web version currently crashes at city, but it's to be expected because, as Ghorthalon has said at the beginning of this topic, it's a beta, and that is the key here.
I also think if/when this leads on to bigger things, it's going to be epic as well, this leading into the fps. But I hope some of the crashes can be fixed although I also understand if this might not happen now, and I respect that decision in fact. Over the years, I've learned to respect developers. I say the same thing when people ask why isn't this game done yet, or something like that, I say, people have lives. They can't make games the whole time. Or they may lose motivation, which has happened to me with some projects before. I respect what we have and am greatful for it. The fact that a dev decides to share their works with the wold though, is their decision and is an incredible one.

2017-08-11 18:38:38

hi. at post 238 ghorth, well, you said that you're gonna make the game open source. what's up with that? just curious.

2017-08-12 14:39:05

@vlad25 I'm guessing he might be trying to fix some of the bugs first, or heck, it could even just be because of real life, so be patient.

2017-08-12 18:18:30

hi there. downloaded the windows version of this game. after listening to the intro, and when nvda tells me to use the arrow keys to navigate, the arrow keys does nothing for me. am I missing out something here? thanks for your help guys. really looking forward to playing the game.

2017-08-12 18:19:46

hi
kell, did you press the nvda+space before trying to do anything?

2017-08-12 18:24:42

press insert space!

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-08-12 19:26:22

Press NVDA+space

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page