2017-08-03 16:17:57

yeah On another note. Look at manamon. it's not pokemon but it's damn close.

2017-08-03 22:14:16 (edited by Rastislav Kish 2017-08-03 22:19:58)

Hi,
heh, when I force myself to read enet tutorial to the end, there will be possibly multiplayer too. smile
I am of course planning to support multiplayer, it was planned to have it in January of this year, hovever I stopped work on it because bgt was not that powerfull to parse full 3d map, so I was forced to change programming language to c++, which does not have problems with string parsing, so I was and I still am without proper wrapper to Enet library, hovever I will write it when I add few new bioms, animals and few other basic things to the game, so it will be ready to accept multiplayer mode.

Yeah, and I recommend you to wait with donations until first release or beta, I am expert in protracting a development time. big_smile

Greetings

Rastislav

2017-08-04 08:18:17

hello,
eNet has a wrapper if you use modern C++ (C++11 and above), just go to my github page and get it (i've forked it myself from someone and made it better like compression support)
here is my github page which you can get the wrapper

2017-08-04 08:25:45

This looks really really cool. I didn't really hear any3d audio or hrtf, but I assume that will come in time. I really like being able tobuild stuff tile by tile. Will there be physics support, so like if you try to place a block in the air and no block is under it, doe sit fall down

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2017-08-04 11:39:25

Hi, Please if you add multy player in this awesome game, Please don't make us play on a main centrelised server!
I just think that it would be better. will it be possible for you to let one user make a server on his or her computer, and let the other 1 join like in top speed?
best regards!

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2017-08-04 13:43:15

That causes lotsa port problems... Still it's his decision to make.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2017-08-04 13:44:18

yes, i here what you say

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2017-08-05 15:27:32

Hi,
@Visualstudio: thank you for recommendation, I am of course using c++11, so I will look into your code, thanks.

About the game, sounds and similar stuffs, as in original Minecraft I decided to make server free, so everybody can run its own. This have also practicalone reason hovever, I haven't any vps yet, so it is inpossible for me to host main server. smile

About sound, well, only thing that can actual do sound 3d is your brain, that is sadly real. I doesn't know anything better in 3d processing than a Bass library, only openal I know did have hrtf, hovever I am not able to find official full compilable download and documentation, so this is not very good way to go. Other libraryes do have similarly accurate 3d than Bass, or are too expensive like Raptor engine, if I remember it right. Engine from oculus is only for Unity, so this way also can not be accessed for me. So, I am staying for now in bass audio, it is not big problem, when you know what is where.

About phisics, this is little problematic. Take for example a tree. You do have tree, and cut one block from its bottom. New space appeared, so tree should to fall one block down. Hovever when its crown is linked with crown of other tree, how can program know what to move? I haven't answer to this question yet, so I am remaining in model of original Minecraft, that all blocks are staying in space, just few types like sand falls down, it is great to make traps. Hovever, what can I add is rule, that every block can be placed only nearby other block, so player can not build in air, that's good idea, thanks for inspiration. smile

Yeah, and does someone know what licence do Ultrapower have now? I know there was more states, I am asking because Blindcraft is using its item.ogg and gift.ogg sounds, so it will be good to know if I can distribute them or I should to find or create
something myself.

Thanks for your interest, hope the release will come soon.

Best regards

Rastislav

2017-08-06 03:48:29 (edited by magurp244 2017-08-06 03:54:54)

As it turns out, I wrote some HRTF and EFX python examples which are in my repository [here] and [here]. You have to use [OpenAL-Soft] for the functionality though, which is the open source version of OpenAL. This usually consists of installing OpenAL, then copying over it with the necessary OpenAL-Soft DLL's and packing the OpenAL-Soft DLL with your distributions. The actual Python end of it uses either PyAL or Pyglet, and I re-wrote some of the Pyglet OpenAL driver scripts to add the functionality so you'd have to copy the supplied scripts into your pyglet install.

I believe Libaudioverse also supports HRTF.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2017-08-06 18:55:37

Hi Magurp,
I tryed your code now, and getting this error:
AttributeError: function 'alcGetStringiSOFT' not found
I used Pyglet, because it do have support for python 3.x, along with your code. I searched this error on Google and found one topic on Audiogames, where you sayd, that it can be by 32-bit dll, and replacing it with 64-bit may help. So what exactly am I supposed to do? Rename 64-bit openalsoft dll (I downloaded binary distribution from theyr site, thanks for link) to openal32.dll and past it into the folder? Or check, if there is not openal dll in path?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

Rastislav

2017-08-07 03:00:13 (edited by magurp244 2017-08-07 05:17:18)

I've usually seen that error when its linking to the wrong openal binary. If you have regular OpenAL from Creative installed, python will link to that instead of the OpenAL Soft binary in the examples folder. The quickest solution would probably be to uninstall OpenAL, then python will default to the binary in the working directory with the example script. OpenAL Soft comes with a readme with instructions on how to overwrite the Creative OpenAL version, although depending on whether your using a 64 bit or 32 bit OS you have to put each binary in a different folder.

If you do not wish to use the redistributable,
then rename soft_oal.dll to OpenAL32.dll (note: even the 64-bit DLL should be
named OpenAL32.dll). Just be aware this will prevent other system-installed
OpenAL implementations from working.

To use the 32-bit DLL, copy it from the bin\Win32 folder to the folder that
the 32-bit OpenAL32.dll router is installed in.
For 32-bit Windows, the Win32 DLL will typically go into the system32 folder.
For 64-bit Windows, the Win32 DLL will typically go into the SysWOW64 folder.

To use the 64-bit DLL, copy it from the bin\Win64 folder to the folder that
the 64-bit OpenAL32.dll router is installed in.
For 64-bit Windows, this will typically be the system32 folder.

2017-08-07 22:26:29

Hi,
great, thanks, it works. I taked the 64-bit library, renamed it to 32 and used, fixed few mistakes in code and all works now. I am hovever little confused about listener and player positions, why z -200? What gauge type is used, centimeters? Yeah and by z is meaned axis from the ground to the sky? Because in that case -200 should to mean underground, what does not make sense for me. I saw hovever in bass library, that z and y axys were changed, so y was z and z y, is this that case too? Hem, I must do few experiments.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Rastislav

2017-08-08 04:27:21 (edited by magurp244 2017-08-08 04:31:23)

Z is depth, or how far forward or behind the listener the sound is, Y is height for above and below, and X is horizontal, or left and right of the listener. The distances are somewhat arbitrary, but I positioned the sound in front of the listener and set both to 240 Y, then move the sound from 0 to 640 along the X axis, with the listener being at 320 so it moves from the left to the right. The reason for that was to give a better sense of the sounds position because if it was directly to the left of the listener you'd mostly only hear the sound on the left side until it crosses to the right, as opposed to a more gradual transition from left to right.

As for units of measurement thats a factor of OpenAL itself, from the [OpenAL PDF documentation]:

3.3 Space and Distance
OpenAL does not define the units of measurement for distances. The application is free to use its own units, for example, meters, inches, or parsecs. OpenAL provides means for simulating the natural attenuation of sound according to distance, and to exaggerate or reduce this effect. However, the resulting effects do not depend on the distance unit used
by the application to express source and listener coordinates. OpenAL calculations are scale invariant.

In other words, as long as all the distance values use the same scale, you'll get the same output. On another note, the included HRTF table files are just two of a number of datasets that caculate how sound propagates to each ear. Since different heads and ear shapes may recieve sound differently however, you  may get better results with some of the other HRTF tables. You can read more on where to get the extra tables [here].

2017-08-08 21:28:07

Hey there Rastislav,
This is a very cool concept, and I will be trying it out when it's released. Have you thought about e-mailing Microsoft and submitting this as a mod, I think they'll probably take it.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2017-08-09 01:21:24

Hi,
@shotgunshell: thank you for review. smile True is, that I wanted to write to Microsoft, hovever on the end of development, when will be clear if release will or will not to be.

If you like the concept of game, I guess you heared the recording, it may be good new to you and all other mc fans, that it is just a half of feelings, which Blindcraft should to offer. Or quarter, because survival mode is not presented yet, that will be in third recording. Hovever survival and creative mode and all similarities with mc are only half as I sayd, I will describe why.

As someones probably know, I consider Swamp to be the best game ever created. Why? Because when I am walking Swamp maps, running on the streets, hiding behind buildings, clearing theyr interiers, I feel as in reality. I am absolute free, can look everywhere, go everywhere as in real world without limitations. Rtr is similar to it, hovever it haven't that good maps like in Swamp, sorry Gorthalon, but it's true for me. Hovever that's not important. As I sayd, I feel as in reality when walking in the zombified swamp city, with mouse of course, I can not imagine this kind of game without it.

Next, after some time stw was released. With its simulated 3d environment and actions like cutting down trees and cooking fishs on hand-crafted fire, I though it will be better than swamp. Hovever it wasn't. Why? Because i have not feeled as in reality. limited to general 4 directions, north, east, south and west to go i feeled as on a large chessboard instead of a real world. It was too accurate to real world, too regular. Of course, you can turn in full 360 degrees, hovever, for me this was thatlike inpractical, that I refuted to use it, especially when compass was needed to know directions. Sighted persons do know where is infront, back, left and right without needing of have compass, so why I need to have one in game? Avoiding fact, that 5 seconds to get your facing is far from reality of course. The same situation came in Redspot, it was too limited to general 4 directions, again because of inpractical degree turning, so it was again more than game like reality.

As you know from recording, Blindcraft do need accuracy. Blind player do need it when building his house, he need to have splitted space in his head to small blocks, so he knows, where to place next block. You probably heared, that I was using general 4 directions in Bc too, when I recorded building of my house. Hovever I don't want to make Blindcraft only like this. This is good for building, not for real playing. For that reason I decided to combine best things from STW and Swamp in Blindcraft, and create game which do have both sides, world splitted to blocks good for building, hovever also free part, for example mobs killing where you can forget that there are some blocks, run freely navigated with you mouse and kill what goes under your sword, or what is shootable with your bow, like in Swamp, absolute freedom, which with inaccuracy gives feelings like in reality. Of course, there is one problem and that is you can unlike in Swamp fall from escarpment because of full 3D space, hovever I have solution for this already which do not needs looking with camera, what is very unrealistic because it reminds you regularity I think.

I hope it was understandable, I tried to describe what I feel when playing as best as I can with my english. smile
I am not promising anything, doing something like it never helped me, I am just saying how I want Blindcraft to be like, what I want try to do and if I finish it, what is not sure, you can judge how successful it was.

And that's all for now, thank you for reading, I am going to sleep now.

Best regards

Rastislav

2017-08-09 07:32:00

Yeah, I get what you're saying, swamp wasn't 3d, and STW, well, lets not talk about that. RTR's movement, in my opinion, was a little bit choppy at times, sometimes I'd have a door centered in my headphones, and I would walk forward and bump into a wall. Blindcraft sounds like the kind of game where you really know what you're doing at all times, at least from the recording, and that you can easily get around. That's the kind of games I like, and you're doing a fine job by the looks of things.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2017-08-09 08:44:18

In Blindcraft you can control a character without a mouse, not everyone will be comfortable with it

2017-08-09 18:09:42 (edited by Haramir 2017-08-09 18:10:54)

Honestly, that's a matter of getting used to. At first, I also thought mouse is going to be a problem when playing Swamp, well, it wasn't. I even enjoy playing Daitona now a days. So, is it possible to make a game that amazes everyone? Well, judging by my experiences, no. Even on Swamp, we had a big difference in performance between those who play using the mouse, and those who doesn't. And Rastislav presented good reasons for us to want to use a mouse when playing the survival aspect of the game.
Not trying to offend anyone, but its just that it can be a bit frustrating to the developer's end having to adapt the game when there's no real reason for that. And we don't want to halt Rastislav's motivation to work on the game, do we? tongue
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2017-08-09 19:16:18

I agree also with It, mouse will have to be implemented. big_smile

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2017-08-09 20:10:51 (edited by ankr098 2017-08-09 20:18:24)

Many of my friends complained about the inconvenience of using the mouse in the swamp, so there must be an alternative.
For example, you can give the ability to edit controls as in the game of the swamp there is a file Keyconfig.ini where all the keyboard commands are written, or set up as in the rtr game where you can rotate with the mouse and using the keyboard.
I think the last vareant is the most optimal.
Sorry: translated using Google.

2017-08-09 21:19:18

Maybe yes and also, those new notebooks have sometimes strange touchpad, without click buttons.

2017-08-09 23:18:26

hello again,
ok Rastislav, i will recommend some other libraries to use on the game:
1. SoLoud for audio processing, it has filter and other things and you can implement more on it and it is under zlib license
2. bullet, which is the most powerfull physics engine and GTA IV and GTA V use it, and many games and robot simulators use it
3. ode, another physics library, but it is not as mutch powerfull and fast as bullet
i wish these can help you about audio and physics

2017-08-10 00:22:53

Mainstream console games which required special attachments include Duck Hunt (requires light gun), Mario Paint (requires SNES Mouse), ... come to think of it, those are the only examples I can think of ottomh.
Don't have a mouse? Haven't learned how to use a mouse? Buy tiny netbooks because you don't expect to ever need a mouse? I suppose you can do what I did and start duck Hunt just to watch the ducks fly away repeatedly. At least Swamp is playable without a mouse, if far less elegantly.

having said that... does jaws still do the thing where you can move the mouse with keyboard commands? I couldn't find that when i last checked last year. But in older versions of jaws, you could move the mouse (I think with alt+shift+arrows), and adjust the increment via the insert+space options. I don't know how that interacts with Swamp (but considering that I used it in VB programs before, I'dn't be surprised if it did _something_), and I remember trying it with Java 6 but I don't recall the results.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-08-10 07:42:53

All people are getting used to the mouse. So why shouldn't blind people not get used to it as well?
Survive the wild does have full 3D movement, and this is the first game with real 3D movement I have tried. No, you don't have a compass at the beginning, because you don't have a compass in real life. You are using your surroundings to see where you are. STW is a very difficult game which takes time to get used to. This is the first game where I have felt fully freedom by climbing in trees, jumping in full 3D and really get punnished if I failed the jump. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-08-10 08:19:01

So, mouse is really good to use, because If you use keyboard to rotate, It is sometimes long, or incorrect.