2016-10-25 03:23:54

Hi.
First of all thanks to those people who have made these games available for download. I was beginning to think that they were lost forever, and it is fantastic news that Justin and dan gave us the go ahead to host them.
I am also having problems running these games under windows 8. I am able to do it through command prompt, but that is a long and tedious process. I have the winkit installed with all of jim's games, but the games still don't work.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2016-10-25 15:19:44

I ran ClassicPipeSetup.exe from the Paid Games folder through virustotal.com, and every one of the 54 anti virus programs they use reported that the file was clean.

One of the anti virus programs they use is MSE, or is it Defender, they just call it Microsoft. Theirs says it's clean, mine says it has a Trojan.

2016-10-25 23:19:44

My advice would be to ignore any advice that the antivirus program could be giving you regarding the games. This has been a long-standing issue, with the games.

2016-10-26 01:39:31

Ah, OK! I didn't know that. In the case of MSE, there doesn't seem to be any way to tell Microsoft about false positives.

Man, I wish Avast were more accessible, I'd switch in a heartbeat!

2016-10-27 04:20:23

Hello guys.
At first, I have to say that this is really, really good news! In fact one of my first serious and great games I plaid with a friend, was troopanum in spanish back in 2007.
I have all of the BSC games and software, but here's my horrible problem. All of my registration stuff is corrupted, since I don't play any of the BSC titles a very very long time ago. However when I try to get  the unpatchers from pitermach's site, it gives me a forbidden thinggy, like 404 or something like that.
If anybody can give me some indications on how to do it myself manually, or if you guys  can fix that problem, that'll be very apreciated.
Thanks!

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. he gives to the human being complete joy and happyness. Why don't you receive him today?

2016-10-27 10:29:31

I have just fixed the permissions on the unregistration files (the files on my local hard drive had the system and hidden attributes set so I'm surprised they even uploaded in the first place the first time. When you go into the unregistration patches folder, you want to just click the links pointing to the exe files, not the directories as those are broken and will have to be removed by ghorth later.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2016-10-27 15:42:10

Thanks, pitermach!

2016-10-27 16:32:41

thank you so much! it looks like I'm gonna be a chamber blaster again

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. he gives to the human being complete joy and happyness. Why don't you receive him today?

2017-01-13 15:43:05

Hi all,
I don't mean to bump the topic, but I am yet another person having issues getting these games to run on win 10 64 bit, and was wondering if there is a definitive solution, or an equally definitive lack of one. I have installed Blast Chamber, Hunter and Troopanum2 on this machine. When I launch Blast Chamber and Troopanum, I get
Error 432: File name or class name not found during Automation operation while loading file gameIntro. On the other hand, Hunter refuses to do anything at all though the process still hangs out in Task Manager. I even tried launching the games without running the configuration and got the same error, the only difference being that the file it got stuck on was sayConfigFirst. This leads me to believe that this is an execution issue and not a sound decryption issue as I initially expected after having read a few other people's takes on it.
Here is what I've tried:
Installing DX8 even though newer versions that come with Windows *should* work.
Installing WinKit.
Installing the VB Runtimes package that Jack linked to earlier in this topic.
Running the games as adman in compatibility mode for XP.
Installed some other old games like Super Deekout and Judgment Day, which do work, though with somewhat odd behavior at times. I had a similar issue on my Win 7 machine and installing Super Deekout on that fixed many problematic games on that, but sadly that didn't help in this case.
Disabled both UAC and Defender because I don't need either of them.
I'm about to restart one last time, and if all else fails I will just have to put up with playing them on an XP VM, of which I have one at the ready. I suppose it's not a huge deal but I don't like using VMs for more than I have to. They lag and are more clunky. But if that's what I will have to do, I won't complain much.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2017-08-08 20:21:32

Ray, you need to run the game executables directly, not the shortcuts.

2017-08-09 01:32:46

Unfortunately, that isn't working for me. I really wish I knew what I did on my other computer to make these games run. Nothing I've tried on this machine, including running the executables directly, setting compatibility mode to first Windows 7, then XP, running the program as an administrator with said compatibility settings applied, and making sure that all older versions of the VB Runtime, .net Framework and DirectX were properly installed, has made any difference. For some odd reason, Hunter is the only BSC title that will work. While I can use my other computer if I want to play these titles, it's really not convenient. Both my machines are running the creator's update of Windows 10. The only difference that I can see is that, when I purchased this machine, I did a clean install of the Creator's update directly. It was purchased with Windows 7, and I wanted to obliterate that and start fresh. My other computer, however, has gone through several formats, but the pertinent information for this discussion is that it ran the anniversary update, and the games ran fine. I then did an upgrade, since I didn't feel it needed to start from square one. The games continued to work. So, whatever I did to the other system clearly had that info stored in the registry, which carried over when I upgraded. I just really wish I knew what the hell I did.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2017-08-09 20:07:25

I am having the same problem. Hunter works okay, though there is an odd error message when finishing a normal game (though not a random adventure) however pipe 2 and troopanum 2 I am having no luck, I get the dam error message.

I've also tried all the things Turtlepower mentioned and none of them did any good. It's a shame I'd love to get pipe 2 and troop 2 working,  also rather odd considering that these are literally the only! games I've had trouble running on windows 10.

superliam, Kitchinsinc, the Esp pinball titles, all are absolutely fine.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-08-09 21:17:55

Is this behaviour exclusive to the Creator's update? There's a similar discussion going on over at blind-gamers. It doesn't look too good. Clearly the games have not changed.

If you know VMWare you can whip yourself up an XP machine and then turn down the audio latency. Yeah it's painful, but it's a one-time setup and all this nonsense goes away.

Just myself, as usual.

2017-08-09 21:47:05

I may have to do that at some point if I get the urge to play any of the BSC titles badly enough. It's looking like that might be the only option.

Yes, as far as I can tell, this issue got worse when the Creator's update came out. On the anniversary update, it took a bunch of fiddling, but I did eventually get them all to run. As I said, I really don't know what exactly the final piece of the puzzle was that got them working. Oddly enough, on that machine, Hunter was the only game that gave me a lot of problems. It would often freeze, or the sounds would randomly stop playing. On this computer, Hunter works great, but the rest, including Classic Pipe and Classic Troopanum, do not.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.