2017-08-04 22:43:44

So I'm currently preparing to take my second CompTIA certification, and the instructor in my training course is a huge gamer.  He started showing us a game that he's been playing recently, called Stellaris.  And that has gotten me to wondering if there are any mainstream games for the PC that are accessible to us at this point.

JLove

2017-08-04 23:20:33

Skullgirls (and possibly Skullgirls 2nd Encore).

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2017-08-05 02:12:50

they're the same game... lol second encore is the DLC
if you want outright fully accessible with readable menus and all that, you're limiting yourself to pretty much just skullgirls as far as I know

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-08-05 04:21:17

I had the same topic a while back. The list should probably still be in there.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2017-08-05 07:01:15 (edited by hanif 2017-08-05 07:05:38)

if you are the one who like interactive adventures, the telltale series is your best bet here, one of them is game of thrones.
although you need lots of patience to complete it, this is still pretty worth it if you are up to the challenge. I've beaten the game so yeah, pretty much of the game is doable, but some of them are pretty easy, and most of them, takes a long time to beat it.
also, if you like the borderlands games but you can't play that one because of the main series being a first person shooter, try tales from the borderlands instead. this is like other telltale series, meaning that you have to make choices that will change how the story unfolds.
the differences between this one and game of thrones is in this game, there are parts where you have to scan or hack something.
another great playable PC game is of course, street fighter V, mortal combat 9 and mortal combat X, injustice gods among us, ultimate marvel VS capcom 3, the guilty gear games, the blazblue games, and many other fighting games.
but if beat-em-up is your kind of thing, then samurai warriors 4-II might be the best for you, even though you have to search the story translation to know everything cause all the voice work is completely in japanese.
that's all for my list, hope anyone comes up with another one.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2017-08-07 01:19:28

Where to get skullgirls  and how to enable accessibility mode or is that already set up?

2017-08-07 09:55:02

if you get second encore, just install the game and it will automatically detect your screen reader without needing to start up the clipboard reading tool.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,

2017-08-07 11:55:49

hi.
how do you enable in justice gods among us and mortal combat the accesibility mode?

2017-08-07 17:17:29

Are all telltale games playable? I heard some aren't really

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2017-08-07 20:15:20

Hi, is NHL 2004 accessible? I heard it worked with one of the screen readers. The game is not on the steam. Is the game even meant to be accessible?  Can you still order smugglers five, and how do you use the PC cursor?

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2017-08-07 23:31:03

ok first, for injustice and mortal kombat accessibility mode, you can go to settings and turn it on in the game settings menu.
for the telltale games, the walking dead series is not really playable, especially in action scenes where the action is really different compared to any other series. like for example, in the beginning, when a zombie comes, you have to manually take the items and then shoot it by aiming.
as for the other games, it's pretty fine, just needs some patience to complete it, especially games where you have lots and lots of scanning like in borderlands or the batman series or crafting in the minecraft series.

2017-08-08 01:28:54

I'm curious. What kind of accessibility does injustice have to offer? How playable is it?

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

2017-08-08 02:14:02

I'm also curious, what kind of game is SkullGirls?

2017-08-08 03:57:54

about injustice, the accessibility mode, if turned on, that will allow the player to hear a beep when in a fight. that beep means that there is an interactable that you can use it to throw the opponent. for player 1, you'll hear the sound in the right speaker / headphone in a high-pitched tone, while player 2 will hear it on the left speaker with a low-pitched tone. if you move the player to that interactable, you can press the interact button, which is the space key on the keyboard or the R1 button on a PlayStation or the RB button on an Xbox to perform it.
for skullgirls, this is a 2D fighting game similar to mortal kombat, street fighter, guilty gear and other 2D fighters. the game is released back in 2012, but a year after that the game receives massive content updates, DLC characters, and finally the definitive edition, titled skullgirls second encore, was released with some new features, most importantly the voice acted cutscenes for the story mode.
for PC users, starting in 2014 the game got an update which allows us to fully enjoy the game with the inclusion of a screen reader support. however, inorder for this feature to work, you have to install both the say tools program and the clip reader program to read the text to the clipboard. you also have to set up the game parameters to enable this feature.
but now, with the present of second encore, all the tools that are needed are useless now, thanks to the inclusion of tolk library which will automatically detect any running screen reader whenever you run the game.
the game reads mostly everything, except for the additional things like the art gallery, the credits, or the contributors list.

2017-08-08 22:25:34

Ok, any games we can play outside of the fighting genre?  I'm all for kicking some ass, don't get me wrong.  But I'm also into using my brain as well.  So any and all genres are welcome, and I'm specifically asking about PC at the moment.  Consoles are great.  I love them.  I just don't have one right now.  I do, however, have a pc.  Smile.

2017-08-08 23:58:07

other than the fighting ones, you can try watchmen: the end is nigh, a beat-em-up based on the watchmen movie. then there is shank, A side-scrolling beat-em-up with little platforming elements.
if you like survival stuff, then resident evil 6 or maybe resident evil 7 might be for you, but you need lots of patience to complete it even though in RE 6 there is a PDA that will instantly direct you to the objective.
if you're fans of anime, especially naruto, then ultimate ninja storm 4 might be the only game that you'll get. the story mode is very much playable, however there are some QTE's which luckily for us is not too important. but if visual novel +fighting is your kind of thing, then you should get the blazblue series and the guilty gear XRD series.
for adventure games, I recommend you to get the interactive movies from telltale, if you're up to the challenge.

2017-08-09 00:43:30

Nhl 2004 maybe

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2017-08-09 11:16:05

from what I know, there is a mod for NHL 2004 that can make the game more accessible, and I heard there is a jaws script for the game as well.

2017-08-09 17:24:39 (edited by JLove 2017-08-09 17:28:01)

Has anyone done a guide on how to work with Resident Evil or any of the others that you listed?  I assume that Jaws will not work with any of the menus in any of them, and once you get into the actual gameplay, I suspect it's impossible to get it to work at all.
I have the patience to complete it if I know what I'm doing and if I know that it is actually genuinely possible to accomplish that goal.

JLove

2017-08-09 18:13:31

Oh, OK. Since I'm not into fighting games, I'll just leave you all to it.

Enjoy!

2017-08-09 19:39:51

resident evil 6 is pretty doable, you need some patience for completing some of the puzzles. but overall, the game is pretty much playable. there is an objective locater that you can use by pressing the L2 button or the left trigger button on a controller or the Q button on the PC that will instantly direct you to the objective.
as for the menus and such, you can look somewhere else in the forum. they've done several recordings and even lists the menus for the game.

2017-08-09 21:33:36 (edited by JLove 2017-08-09 23:23:21)

I looked in the forum, and there was a lot of talk about making a guide for RE 6, but apparently nothing ever got completed, because I never found a post with a finished guide.  I saw two recordings of the first chapter, but that was all, and there was no explanation to go with it, just the game itself.  Unless I just didn't see it.  Also, the only version I see is on Steam.  Is this version still playable?  If there is, indeed, a completed guide, please let me know.  The two recordings I saw were cool, but don't help, because there's no actual explanation to go along with the recording.  Thanks.
As far as adventure games, which of the Telltale Games are actually ones that can be completed?