What, 600 maps?
Darn it, I think I've losted my game!

Thumbs up

yeah.

Thumbs up

I will build alone some of the maps, I will do what can I do for this game to be running!
Seriousli, is the best sidescroler I ever played.
The first online game with a map builder for all, like 2d platformer, but with alot of maps built every day and team racing and chating.
The best online game!

Thumbs up

For what it's worth, I actually have a mostly up to date copy of my Dive Bomber map. Obviously I have no idea how many of us made local backups of our maps using the /rawdata command or whatever it is, been a while. But anyone who has such local copies should, in theory, be able to just recreate the map and paste it in.

Thumbs up

Some might, some might not.

Thumbs up

I totally and completely lost the city of Jepalandia maps, and that map was freaking huge with all of its contents. I didn't think about making local backups, which means that the city got completely wrecked lol. So if SBYW ever returns I will need to remake it. I was thinking about remaking city of kuolema just like in ultrapower but way, way more content, or just remake jepalandia and continue from there.

Thumbs up

Yeah. I'm really sorry about that, dude. If I had just backed that up...

Thumbs up

Ofcourse, It will be better to save our maps, as a text files for backup. It is misstake, that I didn't do that.

Thumbs up

are you serious

Thumbs up

Hi Mason.
[wow], what a bad failure provider. Just saying...
I'll say try to get the server up and running again. It's better to start from scratch than no game. Yes this is a shame that everything is lost, but it's not only your fault. Professionel hosting companies do take backups, so this is also a big failure from their side.
I totally agree that this is one of the best side scrollers out there. Why haven't I played it seriously for very long? Nothing was updated in this topic, so I didn't thought any updates was made. If someone has written about the updates in the topic, I would have played it more for sure.
Keep it up man.

Thumbs up

Ah, if only it were that easy...

Thumbs up

Please, remove those posts by charles unava.

Thumbs up

Hi.
Me and my friends are ready to rebuild our mapps and others!

Thumbs up

Whenever it comes back, if ever it does, you can.

Thumbs up

Ofcourse, but server works, or no?
If yes, I'll build another maps, because those maps were very bad.

Thumbs up

I'm guessing this means that the maps downloadable with 2dp were also lost?

Thumbs up

Please bring it back

Thumbs up

masonian wrote:

Ah, if only it were that easy...

Why is it not that easy?

Thumbs up

I do not, as of right now, have a server.

Thumbs up

I hardly ever post on here, but I thought I'd say something this time.
Mason. I'd completely understand why you'd maybe not bring the game back, at least in it's current form. and this is only my personal opinion  here. I might make myself seem a little dense, but before hand, I literally had no concept of building maps, or hardly making anything productive besides music. after playing sbyw, not only did I learn to build, as one would do in that game, but I also learned to edit raw maps in text and not rely on the builder as heavily, witch is good if you actually want to have complete control. it will really, really sadden me to not be able to see the completion of so many maps, mine included. fortunately, I found a copy I made of it literally the night sbyw went down. I want to thank you mason for making the game in the first place, because if it wasn't for sbyw, I would not have an interest in learning to code as I do now. again, thanks, and I really really hope to see it up and running again someday

Thumbs up

Mason: Are you willing to pay 5 dollars for a server each month? Then I might be able to offer you something depending on what you need.

Thumbs up

as you see, mason, some of the players want the server back and running again. just don't disappoint them, smile
cheer up a bit,
add new sounds to the game or something, am sure they will like it.
how's tomb hunter anyways?
shouldn't ask it here but meh, lazy to dick up the topic, heheh.

Thumbs up

SLJ, I would be willing to pay that much, however I don't know if I will be able to do so as of this current moment. Also, what I need is a bit more than just hosting of a game server, I also need such as web site hosting, etc. I have a friend who I am working with to get everything going again.

Thumbs up

Website hosting wouldn't be an issue. It's just a matter of making the right solution which works for you, and does what you need. Feel free to contact em privately if you are interested. I'll be very busy next week.

Thumbs up

I musst confes that I have never played this game. But I want to try it, and menny others would, So I INCurrage you to continue this game. ANd also, If there is a need I will be willing to make, not 600, 6000 maps!
Kind regards,
Aleksandar

Thumbs up