2017-08-09 00:35:22

Hello guys!
I'm remaking some of the subjects in the faculty of computer science in the first half, and I believe that I know a bit of c++, the linguágen that use. This motivated me to start creating a game, and if I can start doing it, I'm going to start independent studies sore how to proceed.
So, here is my question:
it is possible to develop audiogames with c++ and with visual studio? use the version 2015.
Sorry for my english.
Thank you!

2017-08-09 01:16:51

Absolutely. A game is just a series of mechanics or rules as set out by code, so almost any language will do. You will however likely need some 3rd party libraries to get the functionality you need, such as OpenAL or Libaudioverse for audio, DirectX for video and input, etc.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2017-08-09 01:21:26

There are a lot of library wrappers for c++, but take care on using pointers.

2017-08-28 14:42:49

Hello guys!
Can someone suggest libraries for things like use of keys to do things. Example, up arrow, skips or moves to a menu option? I would also like libraries to support sound and music.
Thank you!

2017-08-28 15:03:24

I'm using SDL2. It takes care of windowing, graphics, basic sounds, and much more. unfortunately, libaudioverse is only available for windows. So even though c++ is cross platform for basically all platforms, remember if you are going to rely on LAV, you'll need to find something else to use in place of LAV on everything other than windows.

I don’t believe in fighting unnecessarily.  But if something is worth fighting for, then its always a fight worth winning.
check me out on Twitter and on GitHub

2017-08-31 14:25:29

I'm making one on UE4, which has both visual scripting and C++ integration. It's certainly possible.