2017-08-06 00:23:48

Hi, I know, that internet is full of this, but. I backet up my iphone 5S, where I hat Papasangre 1, 2 Audio Defence and Night-jar. But when I restored, the games didn't restored. I was searching the iTunes mobile applications and didn't found the ipa files, respektive found one very old, which is 1.2., but not possible play on IOS 10.3.2 in 5S and my older device Iphone 4S with IOS 9.3.5.
I asked the question on applevizforum, but was deleted.
Kindyl is osmebody the love, who should send me the ipa files? I contacted somethinelse, but no answer.
Thank you.
please send me a message to

2017-08-06 01:29:43

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I think the IPA files are some how tide to you apple account. Su, this means that I can send you the 1.3 IPA for Papa Sangre but it would be useless to you seeing that that file is tide to my apple account. I also have the "The Nightjar 1.3.ipa" and "Papa Sangre II 1.13.0.ipa" files, but I think they would be useless even if I uploaded them to dropbox to share.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2017-08-06 01:57:14

If you legitimately purchased the games, you should be able to log your new phone into the Apple ID you used to buy them, then download them again from the App Store.

At least that's how it worked for me when I upgraded from a 16 GB 5s to a 64 GB SE several months ago.

2017-08-06 02:24:33

Not if they were pulled from the app store you can't. Unless they show up in your purchased apps. Probably wouldn't though, because they were indeed pulled from the store and discontinued.

2017-08-06 02:35:48

Sorry Marek2000, you're out of luck. iCloud backups do not include the data that would be downloaded, only the placeholder. So if you don't have the .IPA file, the one you downloaded with iTunes for your account, then you can't recover.

Yes. It's a shame.

Just myself, as usual.

2017-08-06 09:22:13

Hi, Ok.
Can you pls try download the ipa file I think, that through the itues it will recheck my icloud account and I will be able to login.
But now if games were put away and I don't know, why older ipa files I am having only 1.2.2 which aren't working, that the developer shoudl give us moeny back.
Not otpic of this threath.
Please if you can zip and put to the googledrive or something else and send me a link, can tell you if I was able or not.

2017-08-06 16:45:42

I'm sure if they could refund us, they would. Hell, I'm sure if they could just put the ipa's up on a site in light of them being pulled from the store, they would. The truth is, Apple of course takes 33% of every purchase, so it's not like all the purchase money went through to a single Paypal account. Second, Apple themselves didn't refund us when they were pulled. If you want y $0.02 worth, as far as handling discontinued apps is concerned, both Apple and Google suck at handling them. I say Google too because a text to speech engine I paid money for was discontinued and pulled from the store, never got a refund, and fortunately was able to get the app back thanks to an old phone backup on my hard drive that had the apk in it. I couldn't do that on an iphone because the IPA files have drm. And even if I got it to work on my device, it wouldn't on anyone elses. So that's the situation as it stands, unfortunately the games left without a trace as far as Apple is concerned.

2017-08-07 08:42:35

When IOS11 comes, the games will not work at all because IOS11 only supports 64 bit. Yes, it's a shame. Those games were some of the best audiogames for IOS we had.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-08-07 10:27:38

Hi,
But why didn't saved neveew ipa file don't know.
I am having ip 4s where is latest 9.3.5. for those games.
I received from one colleague and was able to put the ipa file there witouth logging with my applied.
Ok if somebody is the love, and can upload the ipa file I should try maximum will not work.
When I was in the UK, I could visit them, but didn't expected, that backup will not include the application and will download them from the store. For me looks like that is not full backup or I am havin differend meaning, what is full backup.

2017-08-07 10:29:29

There's a lot of games that don't work on iOS for sighted now either, to the poit where a friend of mine baught a lot of telltale games and just can't play them because it literally stops the game from running saying it's incompatable, and that person spent good money on them! So it's definitely not just somethin else that's the issue, and it's a shame because a lot of good games that get pulled, will be lost to time, basically. That's sad.

2017-08-07 14:31:01

ok, but for example in the Android if not in the store you are still eligible install it.
I think, that should run 23 bit application on 64 bit system, but apple don't want to do it.
Now what I am trying to get to the applications, which I bought, but don't have the ipa files. As I wrote, I expected that from restoring it will restore everything, but for example some mail, which were there as well weren't restored and for me this is not full backup.
Did try somebody contact them as well?
I am having IP 4s with latest 9.3.5 and will have only for those type of applications. From now I am downloading each ipa separately that I should have it.

2017-08-07 15:13:33

That's the main difference between iTunes and iCloud backups. As an earlier poster said, iCloud only stores the placeholders or pointers to your content, not the actual data itself, whih is the case with iTunes backups. That means that truly full backups are only the ones made through iTunes. It's sad but true and there unfortunately seems to be nothing we can do about this as individual users.
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2017-08-07 15:56:02 (edited by MAREK2000 2017-08-07 15:58:38)

I
Can't agree because I did backup on iTunes. It will not backup the applications, because when restoring all applications are having status waiting or installing and start changing status, only when I am connected on the net.
Means that I am having the backup of the ios 10.3.2 with papasangre and the levels which I did, but when restoring will not restore the game, because is not in the store.
I am having only the ipa file from 2014 but this is not working on 9.3.5. respective when sighted person select level nothing happening no sound.

2017-08-07 18:33:00

That's the problem, is that they won't work. Discontinued, and eventually they won't work at all on ios11. Think of Apple as a strong proponent of futuristic forward-thinking, and once they see a feature or addition they can add, they almost immediately become an opponent of the predecessor. When Apple embraced usbc, they ditched usb3 without any concern for the detractors of usb-c, knowing that they could make more money if people bought dongles to backward-run their usb devices with them. At the time, barely any devices are converted to usb-c. Usb-c is to Apple as Windows Vista is to Microsoft. I e, both companies gave hardware manufacturers practically no time and no warning, so had no time to get their hardware ready for either of them. The difference between usb-c and Windows Vista is that Microsoft realized their mistake, realized they made Vista demand so much system resources and didn't give hardware manufacturers enough time to get ready. They didn't fault users for going back to xp so soon after getting Shitsta. Windows 7 came out and they learned from their mistake. Sure, the interface wasn't as streamlined as xp and it still required a considerable amount of resources to run compared to xp, but it was at least tolerable. Apple, they won't even admit that they've made a mistake. People can stay on the 2015 macs all they want, I am after all, and Apple will just keep going, and going, and going some more. It won't be long until detractors of usb-c, or the loss of a headphone jack in the iphone7, get figuratively trampled by the new technology, and when it comes to Apple, they will! make you upgrade, eventually. It'll be like the famous xp upgrade pushers, this time telling usb type a users to get with the times, and we can only hope that most accessories would be ready for usb c by then. The point? Apple's 64bit transition is the exact same thing. Apple is destroying the 32bit compatibility layer, and they know damn well that 64bit has a long way to go before it can fully take over 32bit. Care, they do not. So ios11 coming out will mean that a considerable amount of the apps written for it will cease to function, because as is the case with windows, most apps and programs not only are 32bit, but unless we're talking a high-performance video or audio production suite, don't even need! to be 64bit. So it is absurd to make this sort of dick move.

2017-08-07 22:40:08

I actually don't blame Apple for wanting to move Forward. Yes it's uncomfortable and annoying, but really, I completely understand Apple's desire to get on with it and not end up like Microsoft, harbouring old cruft and whinging users unwilling to move on. If we're completely honest, they could just as easily make money from selling apps nobody will want or can't use, on obsolete platforms. But Apple don't do that because their reputation is first and foremost about user experience. Soon, all their hardware will be 64-bit. And developers have had the longest time to transition. 32-bit is just dead wood at this point.

What we really need, I think, is DRM elimination and the ability to run old software. If you could keep some old hardware with an older version of iOS on it, and use it to play all the games you legitimately purchased, I could probably forgive what is otherwise a pretty merciless and self-serving move on Apple's part. I just don't think it's right to take peoples' money away from them, and then blame developers for not being active enough in their store for the losses incurred by users. That really is shitty.

@Marek2000: your phone's content can be synced from iTunes. If, when you back up, you also transfer purchases, then you will end up with the data you need for restoration (it searches your iTunes Library based on your settings when you restore). So Transfer Purchases and then back up. If iCloud backup is off, then transfer purchases is done automatically; otherwise it isn't and you have to do it manually. Sorry to bring bad news. It's somewhat ironic, given the topic, that iCloud is not there for you to restore your purchase. In the case of Somethin Else it appears to be that they let their contract expire with Apple's store. If the apps were merely pulled, you could still get them from your Purchases tab with a compatible OS.

Just myself, as usual.

2017-08-08 00:33:15

It's a shame those games were pulled. I really liked them, although I never did manage to beat Papa Sangre 2 because of that damn burning house level LOL.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-08-08 08:58:42

Hi,
I am having backup of the ios 10.3.2 for my 5s, but when recovering the applications aren't savet and are downloading through the net. And here is a big problem. It can't download anything, what is not awaylable.
Don't know, why only older ipa was saved and not newer version.
And through my purchases, is not a true, because you don't see it in your purchase, because they aren't in the store anymore.
Don't want discuss about what is good or not, but you must understand the flustration, that I bought something and I am not able to get to it, and in this case is, why I created the topis if somebody is having newer ipa than from 2014.
Please let me only know, if having or not respective if you can reupload there and we will see. Don't please put anything more to this topic.
Big thanks.

2017-08-08 18:08:33

@marek2000: as I said, it's not in purchases because the app was pulled due to contract expiration. You must have the IPA file. That file is only transferred automatically when iCloud backup is off. As of iOS 9, it is never transferred automatically because of app thinning; you must download it yourself from the store, using iTunes.

In future, if you care about incidents like this (I don't, personally), then:

1. Don't use iCloud backup.

2. Download all purchased apps on iTunes.

3. Transfer apps from iTunes to iPhone always. Do not download on the phone itself.

4. Perform full, encrypted iTunes backup.

5. And transfer purchases from iPhone.

iTunes will transfer anything you have during the sync process after restoration. Your backups contain the placeholders but your library must contain the app.

Clear? As mud?

Just myself, as usual.

2017-08-08 20:12:39

Absolutely. Unfortunately it doesn't matter much now if he's gonna upgrade to ios11, but if something like this were to happen again, you just backup everything, plain and simple. That's why a terabyte or 2terabyte hard drive is always available to you and, when you think about it, is not that much an investment. Surely spending a little over a hundred on a hard drive if you can is more worth it than spending hours trying to find things that you didn't have backed up in the first place.

2017-08-08 21:08:27

Hi,
1. I backet up everytime to the iTunes and harddrive, because on Icloud having only 5 giga.
2. Problém is, that I am having older ipa, don't know, why the newer didn't backet up.
3. As I wrote and was agreed by apple support, the backup doesn't include the applications it include health, if encrypted, sms, accounts of mail, data of applications but not the applications.

And when restoring the applications are saw there but as not active it is downloading through the internet not from the iTunes library. And if not found on the store the application delete.
And in this case I am finding the applications. I was thinking before restoring, that backup include everything it is having more than 30 gigabites.
But not true. From now I am taking care of each application and downloading by hand each of them.

2017-08-08 21:12:57

Ok, but what now? Interesting, that sometimes the applications are in ituens now having IOS 10.3.2 resp. 3.
I wrote to somethinelse to 3 differend mails and we will see.
But if smoebody hat the ipa and should share it because the ipa when I tried put older another app to the 4S didn't asked me for appleid in this case I think, that shoudl work.
Or give me another solution, but which will help. Any other discussion is not now helping me.

2017-08-08 21:22:02

I think they've been removed from the App Store.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-08-08 22:04:06

Guys, I'm on the IOS 11 beta, and I am still using my 32 bit apps. Here's what I think though. I don't know to much about the law, but isn't it kind of illegal for you not to get your money back when an app is pulled? You can't really use it anymore, so it's just a waste of money. Don't you reserve the right to file a lawsuit against Apple if they don't give your money back, or is there more to that then just saying, "Hey, give me my money back!"

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2017-08-08 22:26:38

As awesome as that would be, Apple would end up losing a lot of money over it (remember, they only keep 30% of each sale), so having to refund pulled apps, especially after the big 32-bit purge, would probably make a sizeable dent into their earnings report. That's the really simple reason, there's probably a more concrete rule in either the end-user App Store license or the one that developers sign.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2017-08-08 23:21:00

Exactly, it would hurt them a lot, that would teach them never to do something like that again. I know I'm probably never going to pay for another app in the app store again, simply because I don't want to waste money on something that might be pulled a year later.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER