2017-03-09 16:20:28

I was mean that you can raise army, command your troops etc, but that is imposible now. you can only b fight with another characters as your character...

2017-03-09 16:31:41

yes you could cook, blacksmithing, leatherworking, etc on empiremud, and there is an adventure thing, I still didn't try it yet, cause my char is a crafting/building focus.
for empire war, I donno how it's work, sounds really fun though, I am currently in piece and trade mode with another empires.

2017-03-09 17:25:31

Is there a game in which we can raise armies, fight wars that sort of thing? I don't mean with our character, I mean as in you send troops.

2017-03-09 18:06:30

I can't speak for empire mud since I never got on with that one.

4d has interesting stuff though with cooking. The only thing that is slightly annoying in 4d is that players don't like answering questions about quests or systems or anything else even when it's fairly basic info. So at the moment I've got a hole bunch of skins and no way to bundle them yet I can only sell them in bundles.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-03-10 14:27:33

Okay here is some more information on 4d and the crafting/trading I've tried thus far.

Skinning:
this one was complicated as I said, mostly I think because the introductory information on skinning is mostly in wild west dimention which I'd not explored.

Most kills leave a skin, but animal skins are pretty handy to get.
You can sometimes go to a furrier and sell the skins directly as single skins (though some like rabbit skins you need to a few of before you get your pay), however other skins need to be sold in bundles.

a "bundle" in this case is a container you get from trading posts in the wild west dimention, and needs to be specific for the skin, each bundle holds 10 skins.

Tanning:

I've not done much of this yet. You need to first scrape the hide then put it in a tanning vat, however the things you need to put it in the tanning vat with I've not found yet so I've only got as far as scraping. I think you can make leather goods as well as of course sell hides when done.

Farming: This one is pretty cool and relaxing.
Go tone one of the fields north of old york and type plow to get started (and note that that is p l o w the american spelling) AND THEN WAIT.
plowing you'll need to sow the seed by typing sow, then you might need to harrow or harvest or thresh, but you'll get the information.n
it's pretty easy and doesn't take much doing, though you do need to stand bye and kill anything that is threatening to eat your crops.

once you have your sack of oats or wheat or whatever, you can look at it to see what to do with it next, including where to sell it or grind it into flour or whatever.

weaving:
I've only got partly into this as it requires some skills and I've not found the right teacher yet.
however you need to first grow flax or hemp or shear wool from a sheep, then ret it (basically soak it in a vat to harden  fibers), thresh it and card it into thread, and that is just to get the thread.
You then need actual skill to spin the thread into cloth, though there are people who will do that step for you too.
cloth is really great for getting tradepoints and experience so it's a skill I want to see more of.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-03-11 16:30:36

hello guys!
I tried to post in this thread a while back, but was working with an apex and it kept dropping off of the network.
Either way, I thought I'd do this while I wait for a full virus scan to finish. Hem!
So I'm not sure if someone has already mentioned it but one mud I noticed that was missing from the original thread was cosmic rage.
While yes, it is a space mud, it boasts a medium-difficulty cooking system, some basic farming in biodomes, and a large, dedicated crafting system.
The crafting itself varies in styles, difficulty and understanding but it is garanteed there is something there for everyone.
I know this is brief details but, hopefully this gives you a taste of what a "space mud" has to offer.
Thanks!

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2017-03-11 17:12:51

@Dardar, POST ONE OF THIS THREAD IS A LITTLE OUT OF DATE NOW, BOTH WAYFAR1444 IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE, AND BECAUSE OTHER GAMES HAVE EXPANDED.
If you check post 39 you will see I tried to update things a little and add some more recent information on muds like cosmic rage, hopefully if Mirage gets back she can edit the first post to include that information as well.

as to cosmic rage more directly, my only issue with the crafting in cr is that the lower level crafts are mainly just cosmetic. It'd be nice to actually get some sort of bennifit, whether in terms of points or experience or items for doing things like tanning skins into clothing or making blankets or homes, indeed in a very technologically comlex society like that in cosmic rage you'd think handycraft items would be prised for their uniqueness, as indeed they often are today.

2017-03-11 19:15:03

well I do like crafthing and building thing on cosmic,   specially on factory, but the  materials reqs just sometimes... well, to be honest kindda frustrated a bit  for me, there are tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many materiels you have to gather. lol.
I know I could use mining drone, but that thing is really driving me mad big_smile it crash alot.

2017-03-12 01:27:10

Well some more on 4d.

I have now tried gardening, and gardening rocks!

where in farming you basically wait and type in commands, in gardening you need to interact far more.
Once you used the spade, hoe and rakeprepare the soil, you then drop the seeds.
after that it's a constant battle.
Weeds such as nettles and quickgrass will grow and you need to literally pick them up before they do damage to your crop.
Also, pests like rabbits and snales and even goats will come after your seedlings and you need to kill them, not to mention watering the garden if it gets dry.

The watering part is imho the hardest since if you happen to miss the message about the dry garden you can lose the lot very quickly. #there is a miner xp penalty for watering at the wrong time, but I just usually type water occasionally to make sure it's done (you get literally hundreds of times that xp amount for gardening anyway).

Do it right though and you'll get a crop you can sell for tradepoints or cook, though I've not quite got as far as cooking yet, still it's an awesome activity.

also tradepoints can be exchanged for experience, which is a great way to advance, and actually gets you xp pretty dam fast as well.

2017-03-12 12:22:44

Nate is right, Cosmic Rage Is WONDERFUL in terms of crafting, and the hosts are amazing! I consider it my favorite space Moo.
I also found a great mud, that offers crafting and customizing that wasn't mentioned here. It's called Lensmoor. They have cooking, farming, mining etc, You find the materials to craft In the wilderness. For blind players, we can tipe auto map. once that is turned off, we get a text version about how looks the wilderness. More about theyr crafting system is here: http://lensmoor.info.s3-website-us-east … ction.html
Connection info: lensmoor.org port 3500

"Heroes aren’t always the ones who win. They’re the ones who lose, sometimes. But they keep fighting, they keep coming back. They don’t give up. That’s what makes them heroes."

2017-03-16 05:16:05

Hi everyone,

I am so glad to see this topic come back to life.
Unfortunately, I am afraid that along with Wayfar, Procedural Realms also seems to be gone.
I couldn't get it to load yesterday, and the website seemed to have disappeared.

Dark,
Thanks for post 39!!!
Could I just copy and paste your info from there and add it to the top of the thread?

2017-03-16 05:36:25

Dark,
I edited the top post to include Frandum, 3 Kingdoms, and Cosmic Rage. I just copied your post and gave you credit under each Mud that you suggested.
I also took out Wayfar1444.
I will look at all the posts you made about 4D, and add it later.

2017-03-16 06:24:41

Hi Mirage, great to see your back.

I'd actually appreciate some advice with 4d since while I'm loving the crafting, the quests are just plane irritating, and I have to say while the main administrator is nice other players are less than helpful, it's really a game I have mixed feelings about.

I'd also suggest alteraeon as I said just because the recent updates very much go in the direction of crafting.
with 3k, I don't have much experience in the game so I'd suggest checking the 3k topic in new releases and asking there, since again it is not a game I've explored much.
Likewise haven't yet tried lensemore that annellin mentioned, but it does have crafting of various sorts certainly judging by their website.

2017-08-07 20:06:10

Any ideas why procedural realms went down? I sent a mail to them, but no answer yet, and that sounds like a great mud. theyr crafting sounded like a mine of gold.

"Heroes aren’t always the ones who win. They’re the ones who lose, sometimes. But they keep fighting, they keep coming back. They don’t give up. That’s what makes them heroes."

2017-10-24 05:59:12

What about the two towers mud? Did anyone here played this?

2017-11-26 08:02:37

I haven't played Two Towers, but I'll try to check it out.
Dark, I keep meaning to edit my post and turn it into an article as you've suggested, and I never seem to get around to it. I apologize.

2017-11-26 16:28:31

The community really needs more crafting muds, where we can build houses, farm, cook, weave etc... buut sadly the muds are focused more on fighting. Any idea if someone plans a mud like this? procedural realms sounds really great, i'm sad that it's down....

2017-11-26 18:52:22

No problem Mirage, I have this topic bookmarked since I find it an interesting one.
there are still muds I need to add to the db and try out, noteaabley coffee mud and lensmore, also i  also suggest adding four dimentions to the above list (since the guardening, farming and crafting there is really fun, I just wish the quests weren't quite so obscure sometimes). Cosmic rage  has had several new  editions crafting wise, plus a complete new farming system as you try to build farms on ahostile planet which involve managing factors like animals and soil neutrients over time (even running your own tractor). you could also reconsider Alteraeon with the way things are going currently in terms of

As to making this into a full article and adding it to the articles room, that would be really awesome if possible, you've done a pretty good job with the first post already, plus I could then add links to it on appropriate db pages such as Clok, 7th plane, 4dimentions etc.

2017-11-27 07:32:50

How would you suggest that I change it into an article?
Would I need to take out the Mud connection info, and write it more in a paragraph style? And then just link back to the post for anyone who wanted connection info?
Let me know how you want it to look, and the changes you'd like me to make, and I'll try my best to do it.

2017-11-27 07:35:13

I completely agree with you, Annellin.
I would love to see a Mud based on just living a life, farming, trading, crafting, making friends, learning, and exploring. I'm sure it wouldn't appeal to a lot of players, but I think the player base that did want such a Mud would be very loyal.
I wish I knew how to code, and I'd make one, just for me and a few friends if nothing else.

2017-11-27 15:13:39

Hi Mirage.

In terms of an article, I wouldn't say there is anything wrong with  formatting  how you've got things at the present, certainly people would need the connection info from looking at your article  definitely include that.

The only thing I would suggest is perhaps expanding the information for each mud a little to let people know what crafting in them is like.
Eg, in six dragons,  each character just gets one crafting skill and the crafting is fairly automatic as you just type the crafting action several times, where as in clok or four dimentions crafting is very involved with a number of actions, possibly even minigames, and a character can craft whatever he/she wants as long as he/she learns the right skills.

Same with farming, in Cosmic rage farming is automatic and happens over time, so you basically set it running and go off and do soemthing else, while in four dimentions farming is a short, but quite involved process.

I'm not thinking in terms of a massive discourse here, just a brief word or two to give people with a potential interest in farming/crafting an idea of what to expect from the different muds, for instance I confess I was rather disappointed by the fact that 7th plane had literally no description for anything, and that your essentially thrown in at the deep end on your own without much idea of what is where or what to do.

Obviously some muds you know better than others, but still some words on the muds your familiar with would be nice, and you can always edit the article later to expand with more information (I often have to do this with the db entries myself).

2017-11-28 09:48:15

Great idea! I hadn't thought of adding anything about the specifics.
Thanks, Dark.

2017-11-28 18:36:56

I would love to have a MUD like the rune factory games where you build up your farm, fight in dungeons to get better materials to craft better tools, tame helpful animals, earn money to buy new machines and so on. HAHA! So great!:xd

2017-11-29 06:35:05

harvest moon+rpg haha yepyep! smile

2017-11-29 20:06:31

Mirage, I'm looking like crazy for a game like that. No idea why procedural realms is down, that sounded really great. I have no idea how to code, so I can't make a crafting mud... I really wish that there is a great crafting mud we didn't found yet.