2017-08-07 10:44:18

Hi all,
Well I've recently started playing these games again. A Dark Room, I have started on hard mode, but I wanted to also do some battling and so I have also started playing the Ensign.
For A Dark Room, I now notice you can buy bates with 5 meat from the merchant. However, it's been so long that I have forgotten how to use these bates for my traps. Will that only happen once workshop is unlocked?

Now, for Ensign. I don't know if that particular game is working properly or not. For some reason, there's the option to take food, but no option to leave it. I also have to sometimes tap the screen to make options appear, such as going inside houses.
I remember there used to be a way that you could not take the food when the game was first released, to activate hard mode, so does this now only become available once the game is won? I'm also wondering how the heck to level up my punches, and why my outposts have suddenly started to disappear, I thought that was only in hard mode, not the standard game, of ensign? I'm now even more confused by it and hope I haven't broken it. I also got a weird dialogue about the noun grit!

2017-08-19 11:28:20

I've just played ADR in hard mode up to the point of unlocking the workshop and their is no way to use bates with traps. In the ensine you can buy strength, sight and health boosts from the shops that are unlocked after you've explored the map for a bit.

2017-08-19 19:19:43

I have loads of bates and don't know how to bate traps in hard mode, on a dark room. I'm wondering if it might now be woth me starting Ensign again, as Ir ecently updated my iPHone to iOS 9 so maybe it'll fix some bugs. I was on iOS 7 before so very far behind.

2017-08-20 08:03:56

I can't actually remember in adr whether bates get used automatically, or whether you need to flick through to the "set bated trap" button when  setting traps.
I do know in hard mode the various merchant encounters are the only way to get bates, though they're usually worth it as they'll  prophet you in  firs.

As was said in post two, in The Ensign you need to find the right npc to trade for various boosts to strength etc.
Last I played you could indeed choose whether to take the food or not though it is possible the game updated to require you to actually finish it first, it is also a little  problematic since I finished my copy of the Ensign so I already have a completed save on this machine.

I really ought to play The Ensign again myself Adr I've done a couple of times, but the Ensign I've only finished once so far.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-08-20 12:02:49

I didn't play ADR for a Long time too but aren't the bates simply put in your traps if you have them? Not sure though.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2017-08-20 20:33:24

can someone tell me how can i  put hunters in darkroom?