2017-07-29 18:35:10

Hi, from where i can download latest version for windows?

2017-07-29 22:36:36

Hi Gorthalon,
I just tried your new rtr and have mixed feelings from it, I will describe what I mean and hope the situation will get better.

I am experienced rtr player. Not meaned as conceit, just fact for know, that my problems are not from my capability. Players can know me as Moriarty from the servers, that is the best rewiev of my play, avoiding days when I haven't mouse, they were very bad. big_smile

Anyway, I won few maps with group of people, but now I am unable to  do anything. In old rtr, when I entered server, there were say 5 players with machineguns. That hovever was no problem for me, I spawned with doom 90 and was able to kill someone also in situation, where he have machinegun. Also in situation when there was few players in the same place, I was able to get situation under my controll with doom 90 with my capabilities. I am not saying that it was all times, but it was possible. Hovever now, when I enter rtr, I get weapon, which itself is not able to kill someone.

Yeah, I think it's not normal, that you have weapon, which is not able to kill, for what you have thatlike stuff? I shooted all start munition to one player and nothing, he not died, excluding its duration was about 10 or 20 seconds, what is very long, experienced player will not give you that time.

So, with this mk14, which is not weapon for me I tried to take under my controll situation with 2 or 3 players with good weapons. What was my chance? Yeah, you can say find a better. hovever this takes a time, especially when there are max 5 objects on map, they killed me sooner I get something normal to shoot with, that is unacceptable for me. Can you, Gorthalon, make mk14 stronger, like old, good doom 90, so beginning player have chance to break through situation? Now it is about lucky only, not about capability of the player.

I want to play this new version, sounds are great and maps too, hovever I need playability to do it, othervise I must return to old rtr, which was very good thought with weapons strong.

Thanks you for your work, keep coding.

Best regards

Rastislav

2017-07-29 23:03:17

Hi,

thanks for the feedback. It is still very possible to play. If you need a lot of damage, use the fists or knife, they hurt a lot. Also, if the MK-14, which is a machine gun, gets more power, no one will look for any other weapons.

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2017-07-30 09:38:07

hi, I think mk14 is too small, in the older wersion doom 90 were stronger then mk14, but all people looked for other weapons. Fist and knights are weak to fight in big rooms, because experienced players fast run and jump and knights is small efficient

2017-07-30 20:47:18

i need some 1 to send me 32 bits of the game

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2017-07-30 20:49:19

There isn't one. Not of this version anyway.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2017-07-30 20:57:54

guys; i need add my server in server list any one can help me? thancs

2017-07-31 08:09:26

trevor wrote:

guys; i need add my server in server list any one can help me? thancs

Only Ghorthalon can add the servers to the server list.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-07-31 09:14:07

ok; how can i  contact him

2017-07-31 13:30:37

What is the version number just so I can confirm on the site when I download it?

2017-07-31 14:45:43

speaking of the MK14, let me share something here. some of us can kill better than others. I like the MK14, the way it is, because, I'll admit, often than not, I used to use the doom90. good amount of ammo,   fast to fire.... the only thing I would use over the doom in the old version are machine guns. you now need skills, not just to shoot in the air. this guy was firing his MG at me. I got close, enabled my radar, got fist over MK, and beaten the shit out of him. the dude had about 300 or so health. 5 or so hits did it. and he could do no shit with his MG. this should be the example as to how to defeat experienced.

2017-07-31 15:08:43

and to the person who posted the walkthrough, am I the only one who was expecting an english walkthrough? because it sure is not. tongue

2017-08-01 08:27:02

trevor wrote:

ok; how can i  contact him

Maybe you can find the contact information on his website or his profile here on the forum? smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2017-08-01 08:50:13

i  contact him in he web site but he dont reply so

2017-08-02 02:56:35

So I'm a bit confused... Are there actually any stable servers for rtr ultimate right now? If so, what are the IP's.

2017-08-02 13:39:15

as it stands, the main server is alive, hosted by ghorthalon himself. I was hoping ONJ and joseph would follow along, but the latter has been taken down. I can contact the owner of ONJ to update, if no one gets around to it before I can, as that one's up and stable, but is not compatible with server. both of these are in the server list, defender.

2017-08-03 08:36:19

Hi.
Well, I could set up my server again if people want it. I just thought the main server was enough, so the players didn't got spread out on multiple servers.

Best regards SLJ.

2017-08-03 09:14:40

I think the second server will be ok, sometimes on main server is stupid map;P

2017-08-03 13:14:58

Braille0109, Onj has said that he won't update the server because SAPI is broken.

2017-08-04 12:01:28

hello, I tried to play this game and?? It seems that we have no tracking, webbens aren't good at all, and  It's expected of us to find out player positions by meer sound. I tell you, this is quite in possible.  Here is the list of things  that dev  should   add.
1. Tracking I tell, finding out players positions by only a beep is all most inpossible,, fps is not  a fps if you don't know who are you hitting, who are you targeting etc. The most popular FPS PVP style are in this way, and I think that RTR shouldn't be a difference to all of them 
2. webbens I agree that we shouldn't start with all webbens, But this mk40 or how ever it's called is  just shit. Combined with difficult targeting, that webben is all most npossible to use.
/3. Deth  sound should be more like in redspot, . This gong or what ever is just hardly heard as a deth sound. I don't have nothing personal about that sound, but it's just that.
4. Unother alternative, you don't need to have tracking, but let that player sound be more louder.  also it seems that positioning is not quite good.
Kind regards,
Aleksandar

If life gives you communism, become a communist dictator.

2017-08-04 18:20:24

So, anyone knows why I can't host an RTR server under wine anymore? It's saying that that application is a 64 bit app but I'm running wine under a 32 bit environment. Is there a way I could fix this, including wine? I've also tried Mono, but I can't eve run it under there either.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2017-08-04 18:58:22

Big gun, it's not likely that your feature requests will be implemented. RTR has been abandoned by its developer in favor of newer, better titles.

2017-08-04 19:05:50

Well, It's worfe trying?? (D)

If life gives you communism, become a communist dictator.

2017-08-04 19:13:20

Yeah, who knows, maybe if he gets enough feature requests thrown at him he'll resume development big_smile

2017-08-04 19:52:02

No, this game is done. smile Sorry for everyone that doesn't like the new update. I feel I have balanced it quite a lot from the older version, and I think it's at a stable place. I like it better this way. The only thing left to do is fix sapi, and then no more updates. You can turn radar announce, I will not enable tracking. Learn the maps and try to figure out where people are going, I will not hand you everything on a plate. That takes all skill out of the game if you just say whom you want to kill and a beep tells you where they are and you get exact coordinates. That's not how this works, it has never worked this way, and it never will.
The MK-14 is fine the way it is, and it being the starting weapon is fine for sure. I know it's weak, but as said, use your fists and knife. Press H and if it takes more than half a second, hell even a quarter of a second, you will have problems because of lag and not because the game is broken, that's the way the internet works and there is nothing I can do. The only way this gets fixed is with permanent servers, but people rarely keep their server up for longer than a month and then the server list breaks. That's why I'm hesitant to add new servers to the list, especially if I just get an IP, because that is likely to change. The new game will fix this, but again, lag will always be a problem no matter what I do, that's something completely out of my control, and a fast paced game like RTR requires a good internet connection. A good internet connection does not just mean speed, it also means short roundtrip time to the server and back. If you take 400 MS for a message to travel, every player hit will take 400 ms until your client registers it. Most weapons fire faster than that, so it will be inaccurate and there is literally nothing I can do to fix this. I do not have the money to host an interconnected web of servers for every possible player location, like the mainstream companies do.

This game's source code is horrible. That's why I started writing a new one in the first place. However, while I had tons of time to work on RTR, life does get more hectic the older you grow, if you're young you will probably notice this once you start working and trying to make money to survive, building a network of connections for business and friends, family, etc, and juggling it all to still have time to develop games. It takes a lot of time, and as it stands, at least for the moment, there is little time for me to develop games without destroying my relationships with friends, family, and so on. Those things are valuable, too.

Again I'm sorry if you do not like the update. If this is the case, maybe you will want to wait for the next game, or get used to the new weapons and make the best of it.

@BigGun, RTR has been out since 2012. It was there before RedSpot. For that time, it was completely and utterly different from anything we've had up to that point in terms of game pace, maps, etc. And it is quite different from RedSpot. RedSpot is an open map with little to no environment where finding players is difficult. RTR's maps are smaller, there is lots of ambience sounds and walls and doors to show you where you are, so just by learning the different maps and getting used to them you can figure out what people are likely to do and where they're likely to be. If you want to play redspot, play redspot. It's a different game with different goals, gameplay wise. Killing people, sure, that's about the only thing they'd have in common, other than the fact that they're first person perspective. But even there they start to already split apart.

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.