2017-08-03 05:30:13

Hi all.
I know you will hate me for not posting in the developers room, but hey, this might be useful for people starting out, as well.

So after a long night and much thinking I have decided to release all my bgt games open source... Have you ever wanted to create a custom car for danger on the wheel? Or find out how the rhythm rage parser works?
Or how easy it is to create minigames for beatstar?
well now you can do it, of course I would appreciate it if, after making your cool modifications, you made a merge request so that it becomes part of the official project.

Oh and, by the way, I have removed my internet and score posting code from all games except!

Except for the template game, which is an empty game made so that you can create your own game oriolgomez.com style, with multilanguage support, score posting, and auto updater and MOTD support, of course you will need your own webserver to host the php file which is also included in the template. Here is the template's readme.md, very short:

If you want to create a new bgt game Oriolgomez.com style, complete with a speaking main menu, score posting, auto update system (not working of course, you need your own server for it to work, the file is named updateserver.php and it has MOTD support too.

So for the person who was asking for my includes, I'm sorry for the delay but now everyone can enjoy the whole code!

Oh, I almost forgot the link
http://oriolgomez.com:9900/ogomez92

You can also access this by going to my site and clicking on the source code link in the site's menu.

So... Enjoy and stuff big_smile

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2017-08-03 06:07:14

Oh and children... don't start making exact clones of all my games. Well if you do, at least change the sounds... Otherwise it's way too obvious.

2017-08-03 06:19:59

You, sir, are amazing.

Dreaming of a dystopian future.

2017-08-03 08:06:34

Wow. I wish I was a developer so I could make some great stuff out of this... smile I have given up on learning BGT and coding in generel. But maybe I'll get a better idea on how coding works when looking at the sourcecode, I don't know...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-08-03 08:23:36

We are all moving away from bgt and I plan to port most of these games to other platforms (which will be open sourced as well) however I think that for any begnning programmer, or for anyone who wishes to add new content to my games, this is a good way to do it given that all the necessary files, sounds, etc are provided in these repositories. So go for it, and please merge your changes.

2017-08-03 09:18:56

Hi oriol!
I will check it out.
however I am not happy.
because you know exactly what happened with up and other games.
Thanks
Ishan

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

2017-08-03 10:23:44 (edited by ogomez92 2017-08-03 10:24:15)

well i could care less about what happens to ultrapower.
If someone wants to make clones of my games and then posts them here, it's their responsibility.
Official versions of my games will remain on my site as well as the gitlab, and if people decide to be assholes about it then its their problem.

2017-08-03 11:32:26

What language are you working with now for cross-platform support?

2017-08-03 11:43:08

Javascript and Swift formobile games.

2017-08-03 15:04:21

Will you still release windows titles even with JavaScript and Swift?

2017-08-03 17:16:42

Well it's all up to Oriol, but the aria and web-audio platform is always available as has been proven by Guillem and Ghorthalon have proven with their games, although swift and javascript would obviously be native ios and android apps respectively. To the person that brought up Ultra Power, Ishan, you're talking about two totally different scenarios here. Mason never open sourced the game, thus never officially allowing clones. Oriol, on the other hand, has open sourced the games, so feel free to grab the code, and then play around with it, break it, mangle it, clone it, whatever you so choose just as long as you give credit to the original game where credit is due.

2017-08-03 18:32:05

Jack you are wrong, javascript is what Guillem and Ghorthalong have used for defender and cyclepath respectively, which allows for binaural audio etc. android uses JAva. JAvascript lets you make games for both windows and mac and perhaps mobile as well.
I have begun doing stuff for mobile in Swift, though I still have to experiment with these cool web technologies. Javascript, Aria, etc.

2017-08-04 00:14:56

Hi Oriol,
Did you release your php score system open source? I know you released the motd and updater stuff, but did you release the score posting stuff? Just curious, because that'd be interesting code to learn from. It doesn't look as though it's anywhere in the blank game folder, but maybe I'm wrong.

2017-08-04 06:37:04

Maybe on a separate project, that's not part of a bgt game anyway. I'll think about it. smile

2017-08-04 07:29:40

Hi oriol, i just want to thank you for releasing your games as opensourced.
now new programmers like me can learn quite a lot.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2017-08-05 09:25:27

Hi.
Guillem (guilevi) has agreed to open source villains from beyond, as well.

http://oriolgomez.com:9900/guilevi/vfb

2017-08-05 14:00:31

Hey Oriol,

Nice to see you are doing other projects,  in particular the mobile market.   I would love to see an app of yours appear on the apple app store,   I would get it what ever the game was about.

Keep up the great work amigo and next time I am in Barcelona my wife and I would love to meet you in person for a beer or coffee.

every time we visit I always say to her I have an online buddy who lives here,   just never had the means to contact you when I am in your beautiful city.

2017-08-05 18:14:10

I  don't think Oreol has the money to become an iOS developer, but I could be wrong.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2017-08-06 17:37:26

oh right.    I never knew you had to be wealthy to become a IOS developer.   I just know you need to be wealthy to keep up with all of apples latest devices, lol.

2017-08-07 08:39:01

blindncool wrote:

I  don't think Oreol has the money to become an iOS developer, but I could be wrong.

Spain is not a poor country, not as far as I know. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-08-07 13:56:05

The Apple development program costs 99 a year, which is a bit steep in my opinion but of course I will pay it when my first iOS apps comes out smile

2018-07-12 01:53:39

Oriol and others: Sorry, I saw the post just now and I can not find the codes in bgt anymore. The link that is in post 1 does not work for me and when visiting
the site, clicking on sources access the repository where only I find projects in js to download per page. Would you or anyone else please get the material back
for me? Do I need git installed or can I download on the page? How do I do? Thank you

2018-07-12 08:43:29

hi
yes, that's right
I had to reset my server and I didn't add the bgt games yet. Don't know if I will tbh, they didn't have too many visitors and was just a waste of disk space i think...

2018-07-12 13:35:47

Honestly I'm more interested in the Javascript sources as learning reference.

2018-07-12 14:09:29

Hi,

@orial,

i saw this page a few minutes back as well, but i also want to request the bgt projects being uploaded again, if you decide against it, it's all good man, then i think i will try into getting my head around js as well. A cool activitie during holiday in spare time. smile

Greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com