2017-08-01 14:46:01

could someone do a recording of classic mode too? I'm still stuck on the farm and keep crashing..

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-08-01 17:33:42

Hi.
Very good job, I think, that, you should add learn game sounds for better understanding some in game sounds.

2017-08-01 18:28:50

Would be cool if we could add our own custom environments, it looks like the only hthing that differs between each one is the number of cars that come at you at a time, and the ambience sounds. I'm not sure what sort of audio your webAudio supports though.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2017-08-01 18:59:56

If we could add our own ambience sounds that would be cool. It also would be cool if you could enter a custom name and a custom description for the bike if you own it. If you have selected the bike with your left or right arrow keys, you press enter on it and the options, add name and add description appear. If you've done that there!s a confirm button. If you don't want to do that, you press the back button and you then return to the standard screen with the bike selector and stuff. Both the custumized name and the description show up if you've selected the bike, and to start the race, you hit enter on any other option.
Just some suggestions.
I love this game, it's a good time waster and it's fun to unlock the worlds and stuff.
Ghorthalon, please continue it and add more stuff big_smile
big_smile

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @thecoolgamer4 and subscribe to my Youtube channel

2017-08-01 19:21:07

hi, yes, i to have herd that whining sound, that increases in pitch as you speed up. how ever, it seems to only play during part of the track. the rest of the time, it's not there.

2017-08-01 20:12:10

high developer please make 32 bt version of this game if you can. i'd like to play this game but i can't play it because i have windows7 32 bt. i can't play online. so if you can please make 32 bt version of this game. thanks.

2017-08-02 01:54:48

Hi Ghorthalon.
I have been playing your games for years, and personally I think they are fantastic.
It's a pity that you've just stopped developing games for 32 and 64 bits. So I cannot play this game that looks funny.
My last option is try to play the browser mode...
But when I do so, the map loads to half, then stops.
I let the map and game settings as they came. Also, I'm using the last build of Google Chrome.
Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks in advance.

2017-08-02 02:50:02

Yes, custom ambiences and cycles and enbiromments will be fantastic. I ca nnot wait when a motorcycle crashes on me! lol.

73 Wj3u

2017-08-02 03:44:14

for those saying about how they can't play because its only 64 bit, the thing is, only 64 bit isn't a thing, yall are the minority, because like, all systems are 64 bit these days, so get one tongue

Also, what I've been reading about the whirring / whining sound is true, to what I can tell, it is there, and certainly gets more prominent as you speed up, but its not on all surfaces, I'll have to try to listen to that and see if that's how I tell I'm straight, as I've tried, and can't figure it out, my survival strategy, which doesn't work so well is to like, bob and weave like a drunk driver.

Also, another thing is definitely true that has been stated here that you lose frequencies as you age, eventually, you'll not hear much above 15KHz. Anyway, I think this will be really cool on mobile with tilting the phone, using the gyros in it, can't wait for that.

Dude, you got some serious fuckin' talent. Even if gaming isn't where you want your career to be, you could still do it on the side and make money.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-08-02 04:24:38

is there any way to use NVDA as the game voice? its using microsoft david right now and its real real slow.

2017-08-02 07:17:10

It shouldn't use David if NVDA is running when the game starts. There is however an option for webTTS in the options menu, turn that off. That ought to do it? If not, then I have no clue.

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-08-02 08:27:38 (edited by Xvordan 2017-08-02 08:28:01)

I just want to jump in here and say that the mindset of "if you don't have a 64-bit system, get one" is a bit narrow-minded and unrealistic when it comes to appreciation for varying situations. Perhaps, for one reason or another, they are either unable to or unwilling to switch to a 64-bit operating system. It is slightly unrealistic to just expect they should be able to make the switch, just like that.

I come from an old school mindset of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". This meant that yes, I was using Windows XP for the longest time -- up until 2014, I think? I did not like the environment of more recent OS's, nor did I want to spend the money on a brand new computer, just to keep with the times, not when my XP computer was working perfectly fine. It was only when it died that I was forced to embrace Windows 8.1, and I still find myself missing XP, a lot.

Even if we don't consider financial restrictions, therefore, there are numerous personal and preferential reasons one may not want to use a recent 64-bit operating system. That being said, if you are using an older OS, you will often have to accept that there are going to be programs or features you're just not privy to. Case in point, I've not upgraded to Windows 10, and so am not able to avail myself of the Xbox One / Windows 10 gaming platform to play games like Killer Instinct at this time. I think it's one thing for the developer to say I have no interest in developing for other platforms, but it's quite another for us to just automatically respond with: "Well, it's pretty easy to get a new computer. Go get one." Nevertheless, this may be one of the compromises you're just going to have to live with if you're still on a 32-bit Windows 7 system, unless of course a 32-bit version is (down the road )compiled. Believe me, I know where you're coming from, but it's one of the consequences of the situation you're in, be it by choice or necessity.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2017-08-02 09:52:47

Hi,
For a game like this I don't think a 32 bit could work. The game is processing a lot behind the scenes, such as the binaural audio, and in the city there are a metric ton of cars. I don't even know if electron, which is the platform that this game uses for chrome usage (um, I know that sounds weird), well I don't know if that supports 32 bit.

2017-08-02 09:58:01

Hi.
Maybe an option to remove all cars from the track would be quite good to learn how the modern mode works, something like a training track where you can adjust different settings like number of cars, how denze the traffic is an so on, maybe that would help people with knowing what they will have to listen for when they are using modern turning.
Greetings Moritz

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-08-02 11:09:41 (edited by Jod 2017-08-02 14:38:51)

this is a good game, but i cant play it with my PC.  in my android phone, i can play it nicely. but in windows, i cannot turn directions. can you help me what to do.

edit: turning around i mean, i cant   move in the menu. and android version, the web version www.cyclepath.dragonapps.org     and in the web version, game isn't loading. i use firefox

2017-08-02 11:46:43

How does the levelling system work? I  can usually only get to around level 2 and 3 on very few occasions.

Cheers.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2017-08-02 14:17:00

Hi.
Ok, it happened on the highway that I could hear the weal spinning sound but with a lot of traffic coming around it's getting quite hard, I was traveling on the eBike so i don't think I would be able to hear the traffic when I am on a louder cycle.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-08-02 15:07:02

@ogomez92 it's a bit imbalanced at the moment, level 2 seems to be 5000 points, level 3 seems to be 20000.

2017-08-02 15:22:32

hi, well said, kai. yeah it's a simple fact that, most games, and in fact most apps soon, will all have to be 64 bit, for various reasons. one of which is ram usage, secondly is security, and so on. many many reasons. and yes, those who are on either older OS's, and or newer OS's on cheaper slower hardware, are going to have to deal with the fact that 32 bit is what you have, and it's what you are going to have to be limited to. on the other hand, seeing as how this game seems pretty intensive on the system, let's be honest here. most 32 bit systems, wouldn't even be able to handle running it well, even if a 32 bit version were released.  most especially if, the 32 bit you are running, is due to slower cheaper hardware, IE cheaper notebooks with atom and the like processors. they simply don't have the power to deal with this sort of game, at least not without some serious problems. and i'm afraid it's not logical to hold back games and apps to a slower system. this is why many who can, buy a newer system, IE 64 bit and more power, and then if they so require it for what ever reason, run a 32 bit virtual machine for dealing with what they need to use 32 bit for. IE old programs that just won't run well on newer systems. it's not perfect, some people just can't aford that. of course they can't. but sometimes, if you want the best of both worlds, that's what you have to save up and invest for. never the less, even though i have not tested it myself, it's good to see a web version made for this, and upcoming games, as that's probably one of the best ways to have a multi platform version of the game.  what would be kind of nice, is to have some of these sorts of games, especially once built up some, to start straying onto things like steam. that would be good, to see these games move out to the open world of gaming, in stead of being limited to just our world. and that would offer a platform for game devs to put in place a purchasing system, as well as other things such as gifting games, and also an online acheavments system of sorts. IE the card system in steam. meh. what am i on about. that's just dreams. still, with a game as awesome sounding as this, and with the potential i can see in it, this is sure a game i've not seen in quite some time in terms of quality for an audio game. it's awesome to see that audio games has something still in development, as it's seemed a little dead in recent times.
Oh, and the other thing that something like steam would be good for, is purchaseable, or, free, downloadable content. wooo! this idea looks even better as i think about it. ahahha

2017-08-02 15:49:51

I've never made it to level 3. You have to do near misses, its not enough to pass a car if you're halfway across the track, you have to pass them sort of close by. Also, the more cars you pass in a certain amount of time, due to the way the sound jumps up, I think its giving you bonus points. It's like a streak, or like combos in games like Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, which was an old game for the PS2, which I still actually want to play sometimes.

Anyway, pass lots of cars, and try to get between them, so if you hear, let's say, two cars, both on your left, and you think you can nudge in between the two, try it, and you'll get extra points for that. Well, I say that but I can't really prove it, let's just say the way it sounds sort of implies you're getting extras. Same for the coins on ramps, it'll jump up after each one, I guess you get more than the coin is originally worth if you say, get 10 in one go.

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-08-02 16:45:07

One of the most impressive things about this game to me, besides the fact that it is just amazing all around, is that no speech is actually required during gameplay. I'm not talking about the menus, but actually playing the game itself. Everything is completely based on sounds alone, and it works out very well. As soon as things are ironed out with the mobile version of the game, Cyclepath will push the boundaries and possibilities for audiogame development quite far. smile Thanks Ghorth for the great project.

P.S. I'd be more than willing to pay for a game like this. High quality content.

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

2017-08-02 16:47:00

How can I transfer my data from one OS to another or one computer to another? I'm playing online on one box right now, but what if I want to play at home etc

Thanks

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2017-08-02 17:00:28 (edited by flackers 2017-08-02 17:01:11)

All that was stopping me from installing a 64bit version of windows was the hassle of reinstalling the OS and all my apps. This is the first piece of software I've come across where 32bit has been an issue. Just a few years ago, having 64bit windows caused more compatibility issues than having 32bit does now. My system is quad core i5 3.1ghz, 8GB so is powerful enough, but if it weren't for the fact you can get a 64bit copy of windows for under 15 quid on ebay, I wouldn't be paying 70 or 80, just because of one audio game. I've wanted to install 64bit anyway just so I have full access to my ram, but to be honest I don't need anywhere near 8GB on this pc. Up to now, having 32bit hasn't been an issue. |I could run music production software on this PC with a ton of VSTs running at the same time. If I were doing that, I definitely wouldn't want half my RAM unavailable, but one audio game surely shouldn't need more than 4GB should it?

2017-08-02 20:06:25 (edited by kruf 2017-08-02 20:20:20)

Hello Ghorthalon, your game is realy cool and can easily turn me on addict mode! lol. I have a little suggestion, can you add an option to change nickname in options? My name is 0 and I can't delete.
Oh and it's right, when i launch the city with ramps, tunnels and all effects on, the game  become realy crazy with powerful glitchs ! I have an i7 with 16 gb of ram, my hard drive Kingston ssd and i have an external soundcard, Steinberg UR22MKII. wink

I usualy speak french, so please excuse all my english mistakes. Thanks!

2017-08-02 20:49:21

Hello,

I decided to update the web version of the game more frequently than the download, at least for the time being and while bugs are ironed out, so if you want to be up to date, play that version for now. My internet is bad for the moment so uploading the huge binaries is a hastle at the moment, I'm sorry.

Speaking of which, I've tried to fix a lot of the bugs people were having. I'm setting up a bug tracker at the moment, and once that becomes available I will post a link. it would be appreciated if bugs could be directed there for easier managing. Please try the current web version and tell me how it goes. To make sure you are running the latest version, force a complete reload of the page by pressing control or command F5. The ping for straightening out is not yet implemented, but it will be, soon.

As many people have stated, to fully enjoy the game it needs to do a lot of processing behind the scenes. If your 32-bit version of Windows does not run the game in Chrome, the likelyhood that the downloadable binary will not run is just as high. When the final version is out I will compile one, but I'm slowly pushing away from 32-bit systems if at all possible since it can only get more complex from here on out. It is time that audiogames sound truly great and focus a lot on audio, which is what I'm trying to do, but that also comes with it's resource demands. Just try playing the game in stereo mode with effects off. It is an unsattisfying experience. I do realize that by using web technology I am running into quite some overhead from the browser, but seeing as we have more and more people using a mac system nowadays, and I myself do not have one, this is the easiest solution.

These resource demands also hold true for mobile, by the way. On my phone, which is a pretty recent phone running a mediatek chipset, I do have to turn effects off, while on newer iPhones, model 7 for example, it works fine. I'm sure it's not just the resource usage, though, but also probably my optimization. I'm still learning a lot. This is my first finished project in this environment.

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.