2017-07-31 06:36:56

Glad I could help loving this game!

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2017-07-31 06:46:38

just make it so that each second you sit still you lose, say, 500 points.  that way, if you're just sitting there you lose them.  If you hit space before the one second mark, no harm done -- zoom zoom

2017-07-31 09:08:54

what a cool game! reminds me of road rash, especialy when you hit something and go flying high big_smile thank you Ghorth)

we are the strongest! we are the weapon of the force! we are one!
my name is darth scorp!

2017-07-31 11:47:53

This game has made me realise my hearing is not as sharp as it could be. I hear no wheel noise when turning even on classic. No wonder I'm always hitting things I didn't hear. Slightly terrifying given all the busy roads I cross every day using just my ears, lol.

2017-07-31 12:16:34

I still don't get how ramps work in fps mode. I hit the ramp right in the center, and yet I seem to just fly over the coins even though they are also centered. I sort of end up just wheeving around at the moment. Are you supposed to target the ramp later as you approach, or do you target it as soon as you hear it? Also, when this straight sound gets implemented I think this mode will be a lot easier, or at least I'm hoping, to figure it out at least.

2017-07-31 14:25:18

do tunnels do anything? meaning does it give you any advantages?

2017-07-31 16:29:30 (edited by flackers 2017-07-31 18:16:17)

Maybe my hearing isn't as bad as I thought. Think I've misinterpreted what people were saying about the turning sound. From what I can tell classic turning doesn't work the same way as modern. If you press left in classic you just sort of side step left a bit, whereas pressing left in modern actually turns you left a bit and if you don't straighten up again you'll keep going left until you hit the wall. Is this right? When people are saying they can't hear the turning sound in modern mode, I assumed they meant they could in classic, but maybe there is no turning sound in classic? I don't know because I can hear no panning sound in either hahah.
What I do know is the soundcard on this PC is awful. It's a business computer and I knew it wasn't great, but this game has exposed it as missing a ton of depth. The sound's just too washed out. Playing on my music laptop with good headphones I got loads farther and could hear cars much sooner and tended not to crash into ghost cars at all. Still have a bit of trouble hearing individual cars when there's lots of noise, but I'm in my forties, there are frequencies I know I can't hear now that I could when I was 25.

2017-07-31 18:00:28

I can't figure out modern mode to save my life. I do love this game though.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-07-31 20:10:38

Hi.
At flackers your quite right my friend, imagine this beeing a top down view of the road and the bike, for example from a police drone. When you turn left, you actually turn your bike left and to get you straightened out again, you have to turn your bike straight again because you will go into the direction where your handel bars are pointing. I also don't hear the weal sound very good, I have something there, but it doesn't really work for me either, it gets really dificult with faster bikes like the eBike, which I actually quite like.
Greetings moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-07-31 20:29:00

could someone please make a sound tutorial. This is so that we can know what everything sounds like and how to use it. I still do not understand ramps. I am using classic turning mode.

2017-08-01 00:11:07

Hello,
I crash a lot into walls I don't see. Perhaps you can solve that with a side radar when enabled, it will beep at the position of both walls according to the bike?

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2017-08-01 00:15:09

Do not hold the arrow keys. Tap them slowly and you will hear when you're close to a wall.
I think Flackers figured it out. Peter also explained it somewhere around post 30.
Lean left and right with the arrows, but when you release it doesn't straighten you out so you will have to do that manually.

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2017-08-01 00:26:29

When I tap them slowly I can't get much of the gold. But thanks for the advice anyway.

I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2017-08-01 00:40:27

I may have to give up on modern mode for now simply because I can't figure out how far I am going. Do you have to keep something centered, or is it move like turning toward something then going straight? That's the thing, it's knowing if I'm going straight or not thats' the issue for me at the moment.

2017-08-01 00:47:42 (edited by Jeffb 2017-08-01 00:50:35)

The game ate my bike... I brought the E Bike, and now its gone. That happened once with coins I had too.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2017-08-01 03:40:26

When it comes to classic mode and the walls, you can hear them if you're being careful and then you know the aproxxamit size of the track so you know when it's safe to grab coins and when you've gone too far. That's just my opinion.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2017-08-01 04:01:28 (edited by GrannyCheeseWheel 2017-08-01 04:08:58)

I guess with modern mode, you sort of hear stuff off to your right when you turn in, but I don't know how to know when you're straight, ah well, I'll  look back

*** EDIT ***
OK, about this wheel sound, I totally don't hear it. like, not at all. Maybe my hearing just sucks, idk, I'm like 31 now... So, my question is, is anyone using this mode successfully, and if so, do you have any tricks to mastering it?

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-08-01 06:50:36

I don't get it though, because the wheel noise is quite loud and I can hear it super clearly. Even on my crappy laptop. Maybe you guys just don't know what to listen for?

And you know where the walls are because of the ambience. It only spawns close to the walls, so if you hear you get really close to ambience you know you're about to crash into the wall.

Don't you hear a whirring sound that steadily increases in pitch as you speed up? You do also hear it in classic turning mode, it just doesn't pan.

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2017-08-01 07:53:41

well, it might be, but it's loud once you got to the max speed. that's 1. and 2. for example if you are going to the beach the wheel sound changes nd sometimes there is no sound. and 3. on the ramps how do i know when i'm straightened?

2017-08-01 08:22:12

Yes, regarding the walls, I think it's because we don't know what to listen for. Therefore, a learn sounds menu would be great. I also use the ambiances to tell where the walls are.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-08-01 08:57:52

Hi.
Ok guys, would this be a deal? I have some time on my hands this morning, just like I did for GTA V, I could record a small demo of the game and show you what to watch out for.
Would that help you?
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-08-01 11:42:48

Hello,
The problem is, whirring sound is not consistent. But it would be annoying if it would play all the  time. I think it changes according to surface.

2017-08-01 12:20:10

Hi.
Please Simba, record a demo!
I want to do that mi self but I do not understand the modern mode.
For others is good.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-08-01 12:21:37

Hi,
I managed to max out my computer's ram by playing the game today. It got to 99% and this was in modern turning mode after one session in the village. It happened during the crashing sequence, I kept on seemingly falling and it went very slow motion on me and then stopped.

2017-08-01 13:29:49 (edited by flackers 2017-08-01 13:32:45)

I think it's a frequency thing rather than volume myself. I had a hearing test a couple of years ago and according  to the audiologist doing the testing, my hearing was good, but I'm definitely not hearing what others are describing. The thing is, Later in life you just don't hear heigher frequencies. There's a device called a mosquito that a British guy invented to keep teens from hanging around areas causing nuisance. It plays a high pitched whine that the young can't stand but older people can't hear. I hear the tyre noise, but it tends to get lost in amongst all the other noises, and I definitely don't hear the panning, or the ambience as you get near a wall. The only noise I hear regarding walls is the scraping, and that's clear as a bell.
I'm not suggesting you should go to any trouble over this, if it sounds fine to you and most people can hear it, then go with the majority, but the only way to understand the disparity would be to test it on a group of people of all ages. In my case, I die so quickly in modern mode that I don't get much chance to judge differences in sounds at all.
I'm not suggesting this be implemented, but in an ideal world a sound tutorial where you ride down an empty road and sounds are introduced one at a time instead of having everything happen at once would be good. When the mobile version works, I'm going to email my brother and ask him to have a go. He has the same eye condition as me, and is a couple of years older. He only has a work computer and he won't play games on that, but he will on his phone. I'd be interested to see if he can hear this stuff.