2017-07-30 16:07:34

Hello,
I'm looking for an accessible Python Editor to be understood by the thread.
I'm not sure about Python's own editor works well with JFW. I know I can find a better and useful editor than notepad. LOL
Thanks!

2017-07-30 17:01:33

There's always Eclipse, although I don't know whether it's accessible with JAWS.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2017-07-30 17:59:41

I'm also a JAWS user and my go to editor for programming is Notepad++. It's free and it has a lot of features specifically for dealing with source code, though some features like key word highlighting have limited value to a blind user.

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

2017-07-31 12:50:09 (edited by snape 2017-07-31 12:51:11)

Orko wrote:

I'm also a JAWS user and my go to editor for programming is Notepad++. It's free and it has a lot of features specifically for dealing with source code, though some features like key word highlighting have limited value to a blind user.

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Can you handle indendation in Notepad++? Does the NPP do it automatically or you must figure out manuel?

2017-08-01 21:06:00

I think notepad++ has an automatic indentation option in the preferences dialog box.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2017-08-01 22:25:46

Yes. Notepad++ has auto indentation.

2017-08-02 09:57:55

Hi snape!
you can use ed sharp if you want to
try searching in google and I hope you'll surely find it.
Thanks
Ishan

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

2017-08-05 01:09:50

I don't think EdSharp has autoindent, though.

2017-08-06 17:10:31

I like visual studio with python because i can use code completion and manage indentation quite easily. Also i'm using the python profiler with it (sometimes it is a bit buggy). The only disadvantage is, that you cannot use cython with it.

2017-08-08 23:48:00

I am using visual studio code from microsoft as a light version.
I like it alot. I believe accessibility fixes are introduced from time to time.

2017-12-27 08:08:34

Ed Sharp  has the option to indent the next line to the same level as the current line, but this state needs to be toggled on with alt-shift-i.

2017-12-27 20:32:30

but ed sharp alwaysgive errors

2017-12-28 01:02:28

How is VS code Versuss VS, I mean, I don't use most of the features VS has to offer, but I still would like intellisense, I still would like to be able to work with C# and python, could I do this in VS code?

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-12-29 07:20:39

You can, and work with a lot more languages than C# and Python. I don't like VSCode myself because of it's HTML interface -- it doesn't work well for me anyway.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2017-12-29 10:30:22

I am using Notepad++ (pronounced Notepad Plus Plus) for coding Python. I liked Edsharp before, but it's no longer developed.

2017-12-30 06:29:38

Prajwal, what errors do you get in Ed Sharp?  I don't get any.

Hrvoje, are there any features you want Ed Sharp to have?

2017-12-30 11:28:53

EdSharp is cool enough, the only bad thing is that it may crash at times for no reason. The things that I'd like to see improved are, for example, the ability to open files from Windows explorer context menu, because previously I had to manually create a registry key to integrate EdSharp into context menu. Also the ability to add support for more programming languages that are not supported by default, such as Kotlin or BGT. This is all possible in Notepad++.

2017-12-31 02:01:28

Are you able to open from the context menu if you go into the open with submenu?  That works for me.

What do you mean by support a programming language?  Are you just talking about integrating with a compiler?