2017-07-30 14:23:05

Oh, that helped. Thank you. Lol. I feel a bit stupid. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-07-30 14:50:51

Hi.
So, I actually got some little ideas popping into my head. If you ever decide on adding new items to the game, I think I may have some, I took them from the original LaneSplitter game.
First, a crash helmet so when you crash, you can get an aditional atempt without needing to start the game again. If you crash a second time the game is over.
SAlso something are ddence traffic zones where you have a lot of cars coming at you, but you also get more points in these zones when you pass cars or complete them. or you could also create traffic jams where cars might be moving slower, but you have to weave in and out of the traffic to get passt.
Just some ideas from me.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-07-30 14:58:06

@SLJ, don't feel stupid, i also had to read a few posts to understand it.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2017-07-30 16:03:53

Hi.
Here are my thoughts so far after having played the game.
The game runs fine on my Mac. No issues there, and sadly, I have no idea on why it won't work for some people. I do control click on the application (VO m) and choose open, and the game runs without any issues.
Sometimes I need to turn off Voiceover and turn it on again before it'll read the text, but I'm not sure if there is any way to fix that.
I'll recommend people to turn off Voiceover while playing the game. Quick navigation have killed me a lot of times. smile
I like the sounds, and especially the 3D sounds. For some reason, the 3d sound only works on my Mac, and not on my virtual Windows.
Congratulations on getting the game to work on Mac computers as well. It's really good to have more games for Mac.
I like the concept of the game, but the gameplay itself is not something I'll keep playing for days. Not saying the game is bad though.
I'm not able to hear the walls, and I've done my best to pay attention to any sound, but I don't hear it. It's damn annoying to crash into a wall because you don't know how close you are to it.
In my opinion, some of the sounds needs to be adjusted. I have died a ton of times, simply because I didn't heard a car coming towards me, either because the sound was too low or because of other random noise such as the ambiance. Other times, all the sounds feels overwhelming.
I'm not good at the game. I can't reach level 3, and for some reason, playing a game which takes more than 10 minutes doesn't advance me to level 3. It's feels like I'm doing my best without crashing, but I'm not doing the right thing accept for keeping the bike going.
A learn sounds menu would be great to have. There are a lot of sounds which I don't know what means, and maybe a documentation would help as well.
I love the achievements, unlockables etc. and find the game quite entertaining in generel. Keep up the great job.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-07-30 16:18:34

It's nice to know someone else is having trouble hearing stuff. I thought my hearing just sucked, and maybe it does. I've made it to level 3 a few times, but it's often as much down to dumb luck as skill. I hardly ever die because I heard something and dodged too late, but because I hit something I just didn't hear at all. And I still haven't found a tunnel smile. Ramps are obvious, and even if you didn't know what to listen for, you'd eventually hit one without trying. I've never entered a tunnel though. I'd love to hear the audio of what it sounds like so I'd stand a better chance of spotting it.

2017-07-30 16:20:00

Hi, i also want some of the sounds had some volume. but else as i said, it is a reely great game, and i will keep playing for as long as it still is maintained.
Oh @SLJ, make sure if you drive, your turning is not set to modern. set it clasic.

best regards

2017-07-30 16:22:28

Well, i also never heard a tunnle sound
i would like to here how it sounds.
if any one of you have ever heard a tunnle sound, or if you here it, can i please ask you if you could record an audio demo and show us (those of us who can not here the audio how it sounds like)?

best regards

2017-07-30 17:07:25

what's the difference between modern. and classic?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-07-30 17:08:23

Hi,

the tunnels, as said already, might be a bit subtle, that will be fixed in the new update.

Connor, yes, you are very right, there is an error in the leveling system. It takes about 500 thousand points to get to level 4. Oops? I balanced it out a bit. Can you reproduce this error with sound stopping? Does anyone else get this problem? Because that seems very important.
I have had someone tell me the game uses a ton of ram and gives low memory warnings. Is this the case for anyone else as well?

I will take some time today to fix most of the problems you have been telling me about. I will also set up a bug tracker, so if there are bugs be sure to put them there. Just having them in a forum, especially like this where we quickly got over a hundred posts, is quite tedious. When I have this set up I will let you know.

Hmm I'm not sure about the sounds issue. I never had a problem with hearing things. Try turning virtual surround off and see if that still happens, maybe your computer has problems calculating all the sounds? HRTF is a pretty costly system, as far as I know, and if you're experiencing performance issues it might be best to turn it off.
And yup, the mobile version is broken, sorry guys. I'll fix it when most of the other major bugs are out of the game. Most of these are surprisingly hard to track down.

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2017-07-30 17:32:07 (edited by nyanchan 2017-07-30 17:40:54)

I haven't read through all posts here, but please allow me throwing random thoughts and reports.
After encountering a weird not-responding error, I tried the game with Firefox and it worked perfectly. However, the Windows local executable version still wouldn't work. I'm using Windows7 pro X64 with NVDA. Is it working for everyone else?
I still haven't gotten how the first person turning mode works. I just randomly crash into a wall, fly or slip for a while and "Here's your stats".
I personally would like the game to remember the last game settings that I started. Suppose I selected having some fun at the highway and crashed. I just can't stop pressing enter twice to play again, but the game tries to load the farm.
Finally, has anyone ever succeeded in playing this with iOS + Safari? Seems like it is loaded properly, but the running state of the script is initialized whenever I tap the screen. I hear the message dismissed sound, the little woosh that is played when the "tap here" label is pressed, and sometimes the menu confirmed or appeared sound all at once and I cannot procede further.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2017-07-30 17:38:25

ok, so i got the game to run on my tablet, and on windows. unlocked everything on my windows version, and now, also on my talbet. now to do the same thing on my mac, linux, phone and iPod, just to say i've done it. smile This game is so addicting it is unreal.

But sometimes the world is better without sight...
Because You can see the world how it really is...
Dark.

2017-07-30 17:55:00

Hi.
And yeah the others are right on one thing, it's not cool that the options always reset after a run, if you could change that that would be cool.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-07-30 18:04:14 (edited by TalonTheDragon 2017-07-30 18:05:20)

Hi,

Yukio: The mobile version is broken right now. I will fix this after I get some of the sound problems to go away. I'm not sure why the firefox version works, but chrome doesn't. Maybe it's a bug in chromium and windows locales? I'm not sure.
I just implemented menu state saving. The game will remember what you picked, even across restarts! Just trying to fix some more common bugs before I upload the new version. I should look into how the elctron auto updater works...

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2017-07-30 21:55:16

What is the difference between classic and modern turning modes? I am confused.

2017-07-30 22:54:21

Well, after unlocking free run, I really don't see any point in playing. You can't die, so just kinda letting the thing run. All I need now is the space bike since I believe it's the fastest, and lethal walls disabled.

2017-07-30 22:59:40

Not in the new version, you have to press space again to continue going, and staying in the same spot for too long will remove tons and tons and tons of points.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2017-07-30 23:12:38

will there be a 32 bit version, at some point can get it to work with firefox, and crome for windows is crapy.

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2017-07-30 23:26:05

Hi Ghorthalon,
Something to report and also some ideas that made my brain have a brainwave today. Let's start with the bugs.
First off, I can confirm low memory the more I play the game. Using win7 64 bit with a pc that has 3.91 gb of physical ram and 2.0 gb virtual. While playing in city after a few games, the ram went up to around 3 gb physical used, 85% total, and my pc very nearly crashed. I thought it had experienced a restart, it took so long for NVDA to restart I had to use the shortcut key to even get it to speak. Luckily it had put me back in the window and somehow, my ram had shot down to around 800 mb used the least I've seen it for years, so I don't know what was happening.
secondly I noticed in the achievement list, there are two achievements with the same name, one of them says one of two cleared, the other says one of one cleared, and it says something about sonic. I still don't know how to unlock bike 3 though haha.
Now, a few suggestions.
I was thinking about fps mode. First off, please keep coordinate announcement with c available in this mode.
Secondly, maybe this is more of a temp solution to the wheel thing or maybe cam be used in conjunction, but add an angle announcement maybe key a, or something similar. 0 is straight, positive number is right and maybe negative number is left. I was thinking about this earlier in the morning and it all made sense. I think it could be a good tracker for a while, with coordinates maybe not being too necessary after a while, but the angle can help because if you hear minus then check your coordinates and you are enaring the edge, ya better start going straight if there's enough room. Then you can get where you want to go maybe a bit easier.

2017-07-30 23:43:28

Hi, after trying this game, I must say it's a good work even though it is simple but addictive.
now let us get in reports and bugs:
accept the menus not saving and other bugs that people reported, I've faced one problem which made me rage quit for a moment,
I was playing ok, yet when I crashed, I tried to replay, but when I pressed enter after setting the settings of selecting the map and stuff; the game didn't play any sounds. I closed it and reopened, stil the same thing. the beap of loading the map plays, after that no background noise, nothing. I had to delete my save and start over.
it does seem that deleting the save fixed it because I downloaded a new copy and gave it a tri before i deleted and got the same result.
conserning the ram: the game keeps on using the free space, and gos up bit by bit, in here it will take so long to cause me an issue cause I am having 32 G, but for others it mite cause issues if they play it for over 2 hours or even less.
greetings.

2017-07-31 00:04:08

To turn off virtual PC cursor its incert Z not Y. Just an error in the notes I noticed.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2017-07-31 01:12:29

Hi.
On firefox the game works fine and you need for using ok it on firefox to turn nvda in sleep mode with insert shift s but your voice is stil speaking.
Regarding ram, with 4 gb I did not encountered problems, my ram stais as normal at 50, after some hours it goes at 51 or something.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-07-31 01:25:02

hi ghorth, i too can confirm with the windows version, ram usage climbs and climbs. i have 16 gb ram in this thing, and i once got a warning from my monitoring app that i was passing 10% free memory left. lol. got something of a shock. as i've never seen anything use much more than about 10 gb at max.
loving this thing! there needs to be more unlockables. more more more more! ahahaha.

2017-07-31 04:08:39

Please, please, please make modern turning more usable.  As it stands, most of us can't hear the wheel.  Not with the wind, 3000 cars and everything else.  Clasic is too sluggish, modern is too difficult.

I would even accept an A key or something that told me if I was turning left or right or an angle or something.

2017-07-31 04:44:02

Hi,

thanks for the suggestions. I'll add a key to play a sound from where straight would be, I hope that would fix the problems people are having with the wheel. Basically like the north radar in Slender.

I'm figuring out where the memory leaks come from, but it's proving difficult. I'm not sure if this is really something under my control, as it doesn't seem to happen when I play the game in Firefox. I'll do more testing.

I've already fixed a lot of bugs everyone was talking about, and added features such as score posting on Twitter. I will have to figure out how to balance free run to not have people simply run the game and let it sit, as this will also affect score posting. Maybe I will not let you keep coins you collect in free run? Or maybe limit free run to half an hour?

Thanks Jeff, I will fix the mistake. I don't use jfw so I might have remembered incorrectly. Either that, or with the german keyboard layout, which is the only way I've ever used jfw, it was y since z and y are reversed in some keyboard layouts.

Sorry for all the bugs and headaches!

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2017-07-31 05:58:03

Hey gorthalan, what's about my idea with the hills, post 89 if i remember right. And about free run, collecting coins was a huge headake for me. But that's not what i'm talking about. Free run, when you launch a game with free run, and it starts a timer, witch restart, if you don't pressing a key for a minute, any key. If you press it the timer restarts. So if for a minute your don't pressing anything, it's solved.