2017-07-29 17:20:29

He said with 32 byt you need to use the web version for now.

2017-07-29 17:21:21

Mhm, it should work then

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2017-07-29 17:38:40

Ok, i have tried the web version on the windows device.
or basicly the computer, but it looks just like the game.
but what is happening onn the android devices? should it also look the same like the web version on windows? accept for the controls.\

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2017-07-29 17:54:19

Personally, I'm not a fan of the current modern turning mode - it makes the bike far too difficult to control).  Maybe adding a coin range increase would be a better alternative?  Also, could you lower the speed at which ramps disappear?  I keep finding myself unable to hit them though I'm doing my best to line them up - if they work at the same speed as coins etc, that'd be great.

I like what I've seen so far - unlocked 4 bikes so far (1 2 3 and 4 that is), looking to continue and see what happens.  Also, there's no way to change your name and no confirmation box as to whether what you entered (in my case, nothing at all as it was unclear at the time how to put it in) is actually what you want to enter.

Keep up the good work though.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2017-07-29 18:10:21

This is cool

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2017-07-29 18:51:54

Just tried the browser version again and it worked fine this time with NVDA and Firefox. Using modern turns is a recipe for certain death though. It's loads more responsive than the classic so you can get across to ramps and stuff quicker, but I seem to crash loads more when I use it. Maybe it's a lack of expertise thing. I think it would be nice if the game remembered your setup so you don't have to keep choosing bikes, environments, etc, every time. The game's great, but having to constantly set stuff is inconvenient.

2017-07-29 19:16:26

Hello Gorthalon, I have a question and 2 bugs to report.
How  can I change the language to Romanian? I saw the language pack for it in the Locales folder.

The bugs are follows:
1. In the Windows client, I can't quit the options menu after I've made the settings. There isn't a "Go back" option and Escape key doesn't work.
2. There isn't an "Exit" option in the main menu.

OK, That's over for now. I hope these bugs will be fixed in the next update.
Cheers,
Florian.

If you want to get in touch with me, e-mail me at [email protected].
We can also get in touch on Telegram.

2017-07-29 19:21:11

Hi Florian.
For the exit obtion you have to press alt f4.
And in obtions after you set the obtions you need to press enter to get back in main menu.
But another bug, when I want to turn surounding off because I am plaing onli in stereo, it turns back on.
And same with the efects.
May be I am plaing on laptop speackers and it suports this binaural?

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-07-29 19:32:33

Hi,

this thread made me very happy.
OK, let's hope I don't forget anything.

Your settings are saved, yes. If you don't alt f4 out of a currently running game, so if you do it while in the main menu to which you can get by pressing q while playing, your progress is saved.

Yes, there is a wheel sound, but I understand it might be difficult for some to hear. I'll fix this, maybe make it more audible. The problem is if I make it much louder it disrupts the actual gameplay. And there's still classic. I intended modern turning to be a difficulty option for people who find classic mode too easy, so if you don't, then keep using classic mode, it's fine. Modern turning doesn't give you many advantages other than being able to hit things more consistently such as ramps, because turning can be quicker and more controlled, while with the classic mode it is always fixed. Also it depends on the bike. More expensive bikes handle better.

Maybe the effects for the tunnels are a bit subtle, I'll try to increase them.
Peter just gave me a new mac build so I'm uploading it.
Yukio, maybe try the web version in the newest Chrome?
The mobile version is supposed to sound just like the desktop version, but it's slightly buggy still. I'll figure this out as I go, this is my first project like this so it's more or less a test. smile

Currently it is not possible to change your name, but I will fix this. When it asks you for your name, you land in a menu. The menu is very universal. Selectors and sliders are set with left and right arrows, an editable can just be typed straight into. Just select the option and start typing.

I will update the first post, sorry, it was very late last night and I forgot.

I'm not sure I will add missions. I think the game, as far as feature set, is mostly complete for now, while I iron out all the bugs.

I will also open source this project soon so others can help me improve it. I'm planning to work on other games, too, so maybe this will keep it alive for longer and maybe help others to learn the basics of game development on the web.

I hope I didn't forget anything! Thanks for all the support!

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2017-07-29 19:38:56 (edited by florianionascu7 2017-07-29 19:46:35)

Angel wrote:

Hi Florian.
For the exit obtion you have to press alt f4.
And in obtions after you set the obtions you need to press enter to get back in main menu.
But another bug, when I want to turn surounding off because I am plaing onli in stereo, it turns back on.
And same with the efects.
May be I am plaing on laptop speackers and it suports this binaural?

Hello Angel!
I was knowing Alt+F4 command, but an "Exit" option could be useful. Every game has this option.

2017-07-29 19:43:00 (edited by florianionascu7 2017-07-29 19:44:43)

GhorthalonTheDragon wrote:

Hi,

this thread made me very happy.
OK, let's hope I don't forget anything.

Your settings are saved, yes. If you don't alt f4 out of a currently running game, so if you do it while in the main menu to which you can get by pressing q while playing, your progress is saved.

Yes, there is a wheel sound, but I understand it might be difficult for some to hear. I'll fix this, maybe make it more audible. The problem is if I make it much louder it disrupts the actual gameplay. And there's still classic. I intended modern turning to be a difficulty option for people who find classic mode too easy, so if you don't, then keep using classic mode, it's fine. Modern turning doesn't give you many advantages other than being able to hit things more consistently such as ramps, because turning can be quicker and more controlled, while with the classic mode it is always fixed. Also it depends on the bike. More expensive bikes handle better.

Maybe the effects for the tunnels are a bit subtle, I'll try to increase them.
Peter just gave me a new mac build so I'm uploading it.
Yukio, maybe try the web version in the newest Chrome?
The mobile version is supposed to sound just like the desktop version, but it's slightly buggy still. I'll figure this out as I go, this is my first project like this so it's more or less a test. smile

Currently it is not possible to change your name, but I will fix this. When it asks you for your name, you land in a menu. The menu is very universal. Selectors and sliders are set with left and right arrows, an editable can just be typed straight into. Just select the option and start typing.

I will update the first post, sorry, it was very late last night and I forgot.

I'm not sure I will add missions. I think the game, as far as feature set, is mostly complete for now, while I iron out all the bugs.

I will also open source this project soon so others can help me improve it. I'm planning to work on other games, too, so maybe this will keep it alive for longer and maybe help others to learn the basics of game development on the web.

I hope I didn't forget anything! Thanks for all the support!

Yes, you forgot something. I asked you how to change the language of the game. I want to change it in Romanian, because I saw its language pack in the locales folder.

2017-07-29 19:48:06

Hi Ghorthalon.
I have also some questions.
C key is also here in this game, but what is used for?
Nextly, It'll be great to We can set speed of bike.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2017-07-29 20:03:50

The locales folder is only used by electron (the engine that makes the game work without a web browser). So it contains things like error messages of the engine. The game itself is only available in English.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2017-07-29 20:04:14

So I did some testing to see if things in the options menu saved, but they don't seem to.  I enabled WebTTS, but WebTTS didn't actually enable.  I also set some settings in the world configuration.  I set a bike, world, turning mode, etc, and it all worked fine, but next time I went to configure the world, I assumed everything was still configured the way I left it but nope, it started loading the village and gave me the default bike, modern turning, etc.  I'm thinking there might be something wrong with it, but then again I could just be doing something wrong.  Anyway, keep up the good work.  This game is amazing. smile

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2017-07-29 20:04:53

This game is pretty addictive. Finding all the achievements and buying different maps keeps making me want to continue playing.

I am having a small problem with it though. This might be an issue with my computer, but the problem I'm experiencing occurs if I keep the application open for longer than, say, ten minutes. After that point I start experiencing weird audio clipping, the game lags enormously, then NVDA crashes, and then my entire computer basically freezes until I press the power key. If I close it before this happens I can instantly reopen it again and continue playing with no complications, but if I don't it kind of sucks. This is a windows 7 64bit system, so nothing very special about it, though I'll admit the laptop isn't the newest shiniest model or anything, so I'm not sure if it might be some weird performance issue or anything.

Do you consider this pretty much finished beyond bug fixes? Or are you planning new content releases in the future? It's a great game as is (I love when I fly over the finish line on my deathflails), but I'm curious, and more stuff is always fun.

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.

2017-07-29 20:10:31

I keep crashing. in to walls. how do i break and turn?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-07-29 20:24:01

you can't break, but when you hear a metal sound you turn to the opposite direction. also, make sure you have set the classic mode, because i can't explain how to make the hole thing in the modern. cause the system completely changes there

2017-07-29 20:32:45

Turning off lethal walls doesn't seem to do anything.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2017-07-29 20:50:16

Hi.
People, I am loving this game. But, I have some things that might need to be reported. Firstly, when you set sliders like the bike, course or turning, when you die, it always resets the slider to the default which is quite anyoing, can this be fixed?
Secondly, will we see new items, bikes or tracks in the future or will there be a option to create our own?
Greetings Moritz

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-07-29 21:10:11

mines set to classic by default. I can't change it. how do i turn in classic?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-07-29 21:36:08

hi, I think custom bikes and tracks would be a great idea for this game. It'll probably prolong its life by a large amount of time.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-07-29 22:12:10

What do tunnels sound like? I have had them unlocked for a while but am yet to find one. Also, collecting coins is seriously reduced when ramps are turned on. Seems you can no longer pick up the regular ones and can only get them in the air. Makes having ramps on a bit of a negative thing. And the settings not sticking is a real pain.

2017-07-29 22:13:32

Hello,
I think you should make autoable wheel sounds an option, if you think having them enforced disrupts the atmosphere of the game. The current scene of the game is really good.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2017-07-29 22:14:53

Hi,

Pitermach explained modern turning in his post.
The menus don't save state yet. The options do work, the sliders just don't adjust after you change. This will be fixed.

Left moves left, right moves right. Say yes to the tutorial and you will be told basic things. tsktsk guys tongue

The intent of the game is to not have you control the speed of the vehicle. Originally, you weren't even going to be able to press space to go, you just kept going automatically.

The game is only available in english, as pitermach said.

Custom bikes and tracks will be difficult to do and break the web component, however I see nothing wrong with adding new bikes and worlds as time goes on. There was one more feature that was planned for this which might still happen, which has something to do with crashing. tongue

The game will eventually be open source, however, so if you do want to add your own stuff, you will be able to then.

Death, once you buy lethal walls the options are reversed. This is a known bug.

Soul, not sure why this happens. Maybe it's some unpolished cleaning up on my part, but it might just as well be a bug in the chromium web audio engine. I'm talking to a few people to try to get some issues resolved that I have already found.

Oh, yeah. The C key checks your coordinates. Not useful for anything, it was there for development purposes. LOL

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2017-07-29 22:16:17

If you have ramps on, all the coins spawn around the ramps, so if you jump them you tend to get more than on the ground. All the coins spawn in a way that you, if you steer right, will be able to pick up most, if not all, of them at once. Besides you get a higher score. Ramps are a good thing and you definitely want them.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.