2017-07-26 23:22:21

SO I decided I was wanting to purchase and play this game, however, upon purchasing, I got no information or instructions on how to download the game.    Will it be a physical media or download link?  Either which way, I  was hoping someone could help me answer this.  Thanks in advance.

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2017-07-26 23:27:36

From a similar thread; they will send you a download link to the file with the game you purchased.

2017-07-26 23:57:23

I'll never buy their games until I can actually download the demos and try them out. And Steampunk Chronicles will probably not happen, much to my dismay. sad

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2017-07-27 01:07:51

@blindncool

My sentiments exactly.

2017-07-27 04:02:56

Or, I have an opinion. All the games will be free!

73 Wj3u

2017-07-27 04:16:13

well as somebody stated, they should have sent you an email with a link to download the full version of the game. interestingly, it is just a zip file with no licence needed but I'm not gonna get in trouble posting my copy here although I'm tempted after some of the things they've done. I pre ordered eric 2 over 4 years ago and it still hasn't ever turned up.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2017-07-27 04:38:57

@luiscarlosgm, that probably won't happen.
As much as I may (or may not) regret saying this later, Breakerbox Games may become the next ESP Softworks: a lot of great ideas, but too much procrastination (or not enough time, whichever way you prefer to look at it). Unless Breakerbox is purchased by a larger company (just as ESP was purchased by Draconis), the company will fade out of existence (like a certain audiogame company I refuse to mention.)

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2017-07-27 07:31:59

Try sending him an email.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2017-07-27 08:14:14

Having said all that, I'll say Eric the cleric is a damn good game. It is really worth the price, and there are a lot of things to explore. So you have something to look forward to.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-07-27 16:33:07

That's the trouble with Breakerbox. Great ideas and generally great atmosphere in the demos and games they've released. But I definitely agree they've gone about things in the wrong way and I definitely think he's tried to do too much at one time. Cloak of Divinity? Edge of Winter? Airik 2? Steampunk Neverland? Then there's Griff, and that story still seems incomplete after two games, although oddly enough I did have a dream last night in which I received an Email about a third installment.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-07-27 16:46:30

What I don't understand is, if they had playable demos, why they took them down, removing any chance that a prospective buyer could try their games before buying them.

The only reason I can think of for doing that is if their games aren't as great as they claim, so that people who tried the demos, more often than not, didn't buy.

2017-07-27 18:12:17

To be fair I don''t think people would be quite so outraged if preorders weren't involved and you got your keys on time. I thought about buying a few of the games already out, but.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2017-07-27 22:26:16

I  thinnk I will be emailing them, largely because I still have yet to receive my download link or anything.     I figured for just 13 bucks, I had nothing to lose, but at this rate, the money.   I  will email and see how things go. *shrugs*  who knows...

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2017-07-27 23:21:27

If you paid with PayPal, and your email doesn't get you your game, you can always file a dispute through PayPal and get your money back if Breakerbox doesn't respond to the dispute, and make good on delivering your game.

2017-07-28 09:14:25

The reason for we can't download the demo versions of their games is because they don't find a permanent host. They are using Sendspace, which removes the files for some reason. This problem will only be solved, if they are going to put the files onto their website, which I have suggested them to do many times before. They say they will look into it, but nothing happens, as usual...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2017-07-28 14:59:12

From my own experience with Sendspace, the only reason I can think of why they'd remove file, besides piracy which doesn't apply here, is because they are using a free instead of a paid account.

2017-07-28 15:01:17

I sent an email.  You figured they'd do good on being somewhat legit and buying a server or something.  they aren't that expensive these days.    Nonetheless, if I don't hear anything within a week, I will be filing a claim, since I don't think it's right to withhold money for undelivered goods.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2017-07-28 16:55:02

Orko wrote:

From my own experience with Sendspace, the only reason I can think of why they'd remove file, besides piracy which doesn't apply here, is because they are using a free instead of a paid account.

Which is an other of my biggest complaints about the company. They have got a lot of money from us already. So why won't they spent those money on a permanent host? I know it cost money to develop games if you aren't doing that for free. But if that's the case, paying for a permanent host makes even less sense... What is the point of paying for making games, if people can't download them, because you won't pay for a permanent host? Just, hmm...

Best regards SLJ.

2017-07-28 17:28:02 (edited by Orko 2017-07-28 18:36:32)

@G-RAD

I predict you'll be filing that claim, I sent them an email asking about demos a week ago and still no response. I guess they don't want my money.

I decided to look into this developer further.

They aren't even paying for hosting of their web site or a domain. If you look at their web site address it's breakerboxgames.webs.com, a subdomain of webs.com and if you go there you find yourself at the home page of a free web hosting service, and subdomains don't cost anything.

One thing I recall from the time when free web hosting services were everywhere is that you aren't allowed to host files from them, so that explains hosting their demos on a free Sendspace account.

I would even be willing to wager that their PayPal account is a personal account rather than a business account so they won't get charged PayPal's transaction fees.

I can understand that audio games is a small niche market so getting the most out of your money as a developer of these types of games is necessary, but this goes beyond belief. Probably the only reason their web site isn't already gone is because it doesn't require regular payments to keep it on line.

I was interested in some of their games and might have even bought a couple of them if I could have gotten the demos to play with first. But seeing how unresponsive they are to prospective customers and how cheap they are trying to be has pretty much turned me off on considering any of their games. My primary concern is that if they are this unresponsive to generating sales, how responsive will they be after the sales should a problem arise?

2017-07-28 19:06:36

My thoughts exactly, Orco.

2017-07-29 02:16:25

I just got my confirmation with download link for the game.  Yes, they use sendspace, and additionally, I noticed the email I got the message from is not the same as the  confirmation in the paypal account, so that MIGHT explain why ...   and yes I used might with emphasis.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2017-07-29 03:39:28

Well at least you got it. Granted so did I, at least when I waited to purchase a game till it was officially out. It sometimes took a while but I usually always got my download.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!