2017-07-25 00:00:54

Check out the Yu-Gi-OH wiki.

2017-07-25 03:37:23

Welp, RIP for the VIP soundpack. Apparently starlord got a bug up his ass thanks to some whiny people and isn't sharing it with anyone except himself anymore. Gotta love blindies.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2017-07-25 05:52:01

Hey People! Someone have a rule book? Or the game have the rules inside

I am a gamer from the begining of my life, and that will not change :p

2017-07-25 07:17:46

That's too bad. It's a very nice pack. Oh well.

2017-07-25 14:07:09

Well, since Starlord seems to have simply washed his hands of the soundpack he was working on, I'm thinking about polishing the last version I was able to get a bit and putting it up for people to get unless he objects to it. This would include putting the duel triggers in a class that gets enabled/disabled when a duel starts/ends, fixing it so that different sounds play when a monster VS spell/trap card is destroyed, and matching the volume of all the sounds so everything plays at the same volume. The structure of the pack wouldn't change so VIPMud 1 and 2 users could both use it, and all original documentation would be included. I actually wanted to do this before on my own copy of it, but his changes would have overwritten mine whenever it was updated so I held off on it. Now that he's decided not to work on it any longer, I can at least modify it for my use. Note that I won't be doing anything crazy like adding the music support he wanted to add. I'd like to keep it as original as possible. It just needs a few fixes.

Again, this is all assuming Starlord is okay with it. If he asks for this not to be done I won't do it, or if he asks that it be taken down I will comply. Wy? Because this was originally his code and, while it's pretty silly to remove it and say screw everyone in a fit of rage that's similar to that of the Winged Dragon of Ra, he does have the right as the creator to ask people not to modify or distribute it. I'm grateful to him for starting the pack so I didn't have to, and I only wish to take over where he left off so other people can enjoy it.

2017-07-25 19:23:59

For people that wants a pack for mushclient, Tony is developing one.

That is on github, so it is a open source project.

You can download the last commit with this link
https://goo.gl/ZshZmn

If you want, you can post issues or recommendations to the pack on the github page:

https://github.com/Timtam/yugioh-soundpack/

Enjoy it.

Remember, is a work in progress.

2017-07-25 22:38:34

Hey there. I checked the game out, and it seems cool. I have a couple of suggestions. You should create a help file for dueling, since I can't find one that explain the commands needed to type in in order to commence with a duel. Actually, it tells you how to start a duel, duel <playername> but there is no help file outlining the actual commands of a duel. The commands actually needed to duel are probably explained when you start your first one, but since I haven't actually dueled yet, I can't confirm this. Secondly, there should be a computer opponent you can duel, in case you want an intro duel before actually jumping in against other players, or you just want to duel without trying to find a player. Those are my suggestions, and otherwise, the game seems extremely put together.
I have one more thing. For those who don't know the rules of yugioh, I will post a link to the yugio wikia site. The site is accessible as fuck, I've been using it for years.
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_Wikia

2017-07-25 23:18:25

One thing that would be cool would be if there are randon sounds for monsters attacking monsters..

2017-07-26 05:31:25

Sounds really shouldn't be too long as there isn't a pause between attack and destruction unless priority is given to a player before destruction actually occurs.

As for the help files,  there is actually a help dueling file with a list of commands you can use while in a duel. It's been there for a few days now.

2017-07-26 08:08:04

All righty.

This here is the link to Starlord's soundpack modified by me. Triggers have been reorganized slightly, some souns are louder so they can be heard at lower volume levels, a few missing triggers have been added, along with some other changes. All changes are detailed in the changelog file below Starlords' changes.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lfi2cpzbp850 … vxZEa?dl=1

Change dl=1 to dl=0 to browse the folder. Leave it the way it is to download it as a zip archive.

2017-07-26 17:09:45

awesome draq. tongue thanks

2017-07-26 22:44:51

I saw the help dueling file when I went into my first duel. The command syntax for dueling is excellent. The game itself is excellent as well. Keep up the good work!
As for the soundpack, I'm downloading right now and will leave my feedback on here when I get it. smile

2017-07-27 03:42:36 (edited by blindndangerous 2017-07-27 03:44:09)

Well done Drak. I'm now using Toni's pack, as I prefer mush, but at least we have packs for both used clients.  As for post 26, I thought I'd help out others who have trouble. Doing a bit of research, their are some terms that a casual player might not know.  For those who don't wanna go fiddling around in the wiki, here's the direct link to different deck archetypes, which are different strategies for making decks. Plenty to choose from, find something that grabs your interest, make it, and modify as needed.  One thing that should be mentioned is that OCG is for cards that are in Japan, and TCG is the US. If a card isn't in the database, it's probably an OCG card. You'll be alright if you  leave it out. When it is available over here, the YGO Pro devs will add it in for us. Good luck.
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Category:T … archetypes
The yu-gi-oh subreddit is also a good place to search through as their are plenty of players in there as well.  So another place to ask for tips.

2017-07-27 12:09:01

Wait, since when did Tony start creating this pack? I've been away to fix my laptop for 3 days and...so now guess I don't have to do it anymore, or what?
And aww Darker! I'm sorry man. I knew this was coming. You've done a great job buddy. I'll still help you with sounds though, even though it's just for yourself now.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2017-07-28 21:56:22

I said I would leave my feedback concerning the vip soundpack...and here it is. The soundpack is amazing. I love it.

2017-07-29 01:54:28

Hi
@tspivey Is there a way to put the names of the cards in Spanish?
As you did with the description of the cards.
greetings and thanks.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2017-07-30 10:29:45

Seriously have to give huge props to Toni for helping those of us who have been out of the game for many years get back into it with suggestions for decks to teach you about synchros, xyz, pendulum, and other tricks. Now I have some work to do.

2017-08-10 06:30:17

is anybody having issues connecting to the mud?

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2017-08-10 09:03:49

Me. I can't connect at all this whole morning.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2017-08-11 05:56:16

Would be cool if we had linkdead capability. Those of us with bad internet would appreciate storing link/game state for even 5-10m. Other than that, though, I am having a lot of fun with this. Thanks for making this.

2017-08-11 19:48:33

It seems to be back up and stable.

2017-08-15 21:34:25

I think the game is down again. I can't connect to it, and other websites/MUDs work.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2017-08-15 21:50:15

phew I thought I broke the game when I was modding my sound pack, was about to pull out the little bit of hair that I have left lol

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2017-08-15 21:51:54

Glad I'm not the only one. Sure it'll be back up in a few hours.

2017-08-15 21:52:40

Hope so.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce