2017-06-07 15:05:50

Oooch Dada, I think your message got cut off there.
Still, thanks a lot for adding the fixes to mining ships, hopefully this will make asteroid hauling and mining a less impossible, since flying off into space, searching for things and battling aliens is just the sort of thing I was  looking for in a space game, hence my disappointment.

I'm busy with alteraeon at the moment but I'll definitely give Cr another go soon enough.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-06-18 13:48:00

spoylers, didd you guys no that hunting vaistland monsters are a Nice Activity?

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2017-06-18 13:50:31

spoylers didd you no that you can fight waystland monsters and get ranks

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2017-06-18 20:15:58

Waste land monsters helps some, but they are really not worth your time at the higher levels. I am over level 750, and I have a battle sute. So, to say that they are easy would be an understatement when I can take them down with one shot from my sute's weapon. Add the armor of a battle sute, you can see why waste land monsters are not really worth my time. For those who are suching for debris, I would suggest you to do a mission though. Now only do you get the credit of making things go boom, but you can also make use of the debris from that sector. I personly find that the mission in room 3A of Mission HQ gives me enough debris per mission to be worth my time and you can get the cargo barrels too.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2017-06-19 13:13:42

Sorry for the double post. Anyway, a bought a ship from a player ran starship store. I had the upgrades and the like on it. I deside to take the ship out today only to find that most of the defenses was gone along with all of the weapons and all of the upgrades that I bought for it. I thought about letting it destroy itself and getting a new one from my drydock if I was sure that would fix the problem. I am wondering something. could the designer of said ship take away all the weapons and stuff from a ship I already bought from them if they just submit the design without the weapons and the like? This seems like a major bug if you ask me....

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2017-06-23 00:10:03

Hey there, I'm a bit new to this, Where can I try this out? I'm using the new mud client called MUDAbility so sadly no sounds for me yet, anyway where can I give this a try? I hear the game is also challenging. I'm also new to muds.

Take care all

Follow me on  my podcast twitter and feel free to listen to my music. Also subscribe to my youtube channel. Thanks.

2017-06-27 12:27:37

Sorry that noone has replied. The connection details I have in my mud client is the following.

Host Name: 109.228.48.230
port number: 7777

Hope this helps.

DropBox Referral

2017-06-28 21:01:01

Wednesday, 28  June  2017 19:45 n8: good evening folks! Buckle your seatbelts, and prepare your cokes, for this announcement! is! loooooong! We have several new things for you, right here, right now, that I am releasing, right here, right now, this very, second! 1. Endless space! Ever wanted to be an explorer type, but felt limited by the closeness of the sectors? no problem, once you have an exploration licence, you can now go as far north out of locals, or as far south, as you darn well want! 2. Belts. no no, not weapon belts. Asteroid belts! Asterid, planetoid and nebula belts, in which the mineral and gas count is much, much higher! 3. Dark matter mining. Our all new level 900 activity, this is our fun, fast paced, mining/shooting activity in which you need strategy, cunning, and gile in order to get as much resources as possible, while not totally exploding and werecking yourself like a boss! It's a great activity, so do let me know what you think. 4. The quantum drive, as I mentioned earlier, this'll make moving in uncharted that much quicker. 5. Industrial plants! These sweet plants allow the construction of several things, including, but not limited too: 1. Custom weapons. "You what?" that's right. WEe're going to be changing the donator item in a moment, but the industrial plants now allow you to build, and customise, your own weapon! how cool is that! 2. Drones. Remember those 50 drones that got removed a while back? Well they're back, and they're no longer just for donators! We'll be adding a donator item to custom them in a few moments, but this new drone allows for sweet roleplay, you can remote control it, and so much more! This is just a few things that industrial plants can do. Please check out the help files on these, not to mention ahelp dark matter mining. And, as always, enjoy!

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2017-06-28 21:27:29

Interesting. I am going to have to check some of those things out. Maybe I should do some exploring first and then maybe move my factory a bit farther out. Anyway, things to think about for sure. Those sectors were starting to seem a little close. Anyway, have you thought about coding in a range for the radios and tactical arrays yet? I am asking because I can see where if you get far enough out, you would lose contact with those that are closer in. Maybe the range could be about 30000 out or something and maybe factories  with rift satellites could be used as a comm relay of sorts to relay radio signals back in to local sectors or something up to a point. Just a thought. I will have to write in a suggestion after playing a bit.

DropBox Referral

2017-06-30 01:29:29 (edited by cw 2017-06-30 01:52:29)

It looks like this mud just went down for unknown reasons. All I know is that it dropped out right when I was doing a mission. Bet you my ship is now destroyed. Maybe someone can figure out why it went down?

EDIT
It looks like it is back up. I do not know what happened there....

DropBox Referral

2017-07-01 09:21:12

one year of cosmic rage!

[announcement] from n8: hello folks! AS you may have seen, and some of you have figured out, for today only, there is now a paintball arena! To enter it, simply type paintball! to exit, type paintball again. In the paintball arena, the exits are completely random, and change all the time. You might start in the start, then head east twice, only to find yourself back at the start. Some exits might even just lead you in a circle. The aim of the arena is to enter, hide, and then, use your paintball guns <use gun on target> to shoot other players. The player at the end of the day with the highest paintball arena kills gets a prize! finally, when you enter/type look in a room, after the exits shift, you'll see if a player is in another room near you at the bottom. enjoy!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2017-07-01 11:29:38

[announcement] from n8: hello folks! As most of you know, today is #1YearOfcosmicRage, or for those who can't read twitter hash tags, today is the one year anniversary of cosmic rage's public opening. Imagine that,  a year of cosmic rage. That's nuts. Completely insane. WE've been going for a year? It seems like yesterday annellin and I were emailing back and forth with ideas and such. It seems just a fleeting moment ago we used to have elena jensin11957, the master scientist larken, ryacus off white, the warlord, and more. Cosmic Rage has certainly had its ups, and downs. Nostalgia aside though, I'm actually blown away by the year stage, I'm just staring at my computer going, wha? I'm off too go see my nan and grandad for some lunch in about an hour and a half, but  when I can return, you can garantee this evening is going, to be, fun! You will literally, not want to miss this. WE'll have something for everyone, in the later evening, we have an rp event, for those who like roleplaying. WE also have our paintball arena ready and open, see my previous announcement. More than that, however, if last nights event was not enough for you, we'll be releasing some happy birthday cosmic rage enemy ships, in which you can attack and destroy. At the end of the day, the one with the most kills, wins a prize! Are you more of a laid back sort? no problem, we're going to have some fun trivia, not to mention treasure hunts, some general host sillyness, and more! It's happy birthday to cosmic rage, and lets make it a big one! Thank you all, as usual, for playing, and happy birthday, cosmic rage!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2017-07-01 11:45:03

A year of cosmic rage... And I need to say a few things. First of all, Thanks. Thanks Nate for creating this wonderful game. Cosmic rage opened  this day a year ago, and learned to fly. His wings were small, but they grew slowly. Why? because the hosts are great. Because the players were there, suggesting, sending reports, and even complaining. Because you all made cosmic rage great, thanks. Lets log on  today and have fun, celebrate and smile. I am so proud to be a part of cosmic rage since the beginning. happy birthday, cosmic rage. thanks nate, for dealing with us, with my crazy suggestions, with bugs, with every little thing! Thanks for creating cosmic rage, for not giving up, for being the best host and friend possible! Happy birthday cosmic players, hosts, and  new players! Welcome to the family. Here, hosts care. Here, players care. We all care about you.

"Heroes aren’t always the ones who win. They’re the ones who lose, sometimes. But they keep fighting, they keep coming back. They don’t give up. That’s what makes them heroes."

2017-07-01 11:57:36

one year of cosmic rage

[announcement] from n8: hello folks. Just a quick one, at some point this evening, between 4 and 8 GMT, every online player will receive £30 of donator cash, completely free. But when? who knows! Don't miss it!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2017-07-01 12:27:28

I will do my best not to miss it. That should be between 10:00 and 2:00 today my time if my calculations are right.

DropBox Referral

2017-07-06 12:06:41

hi Nathan,

well I finally managed to get into my first ship yesterday although I did blow a few up lol. ah well that's learning for you lol.

anyway 1 thing I really do like is the size of the sectors it really does give a true indication of distants and of course the fog of war affect due to scanner range.

so I was thinking last night whilst cruising passed sol, would it be possible to indicate in game that you are slowly moving either towards an object or moving passed one? for example, if you're moving towards a planet or space station you would notice that the closer you get the bigger the objects get on your screen and the more detail you could see of that object. for example land/ocean masses or cloud cover etc. I was thinking this purely from the point of view that it's obvious that you've gone to a lot of trouble to give a a real idea of distants between steller objects in each sector if possible why not expand on that somewhat?

2017-07-07 09:46:37

I like that idea Darren.

Right now I'm just giving the game another try and seeing if I can sort space out, with asteroid mining and such.
However I do have one miner problem.
I started the starship quest a while ago, but would like to restart it as firstly I need to remember where I was, and secondly I'm missing the various instructions.
So I was wondering if there was a way to reset a quest so I can give it another go?

I did ask on the newbie channel but I don't think anyone was monitoring.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-07-07 14:04:59

well the thing is, I used to play games like elite 2 and something I loved to do was to approach a panet at normal speeds nothing super fast. because elite 2 was based on real space movement and very accurate it was too I must say, the way the approach to planets etc was handled was equally accurate.

so whilst I was cruising around in sector 1 I was thinking about this whole thing of space and distants.

2017-07-08 21:42:30

I really wish, activity wise, there was something to do in the low hundreds level grind. I'm at level what, 400? and it appears the only way I can get some good XP is still X harvesting. I wish there was activities that scaled or didn't have a level cap available at each level, because the only one that you can do at high levels and get reasonable reward is either Salvaging or X harvesting. Since I primarily play solo, the missions I can do with that style doesn't give high and/or reasonable rewards.

2017-07-09 18:03:04

hello!
i cant find the download link, please help out.
thank you

2017-07-09 20:01:09

There is no download link, this game is an online  mud and needs you to connect with a mud client. like vipmud or mushclient.

The connection info is cosmicrage.nathantech.net port 7777.

2017-07-13 10:28:41

@dark
thank you for help me, but here is another thing in connection menu there are are three feelds. 1. world name, 2: tcp /IP address, and three is port.
so what is the name of world?

2017-07-24 09:11:46

I got a little simple question. Can i play CR with the free version of vipmud including the soundpack?

2017-07-24 09:23:24

yes, you can.

Don't care.

2017-07-24 09:28:26

Even after the 30 days of shareware?