2017-07-10 23:26:28

Hey everyone.
Me and a friend some minutes ago came to the topic of RailRacer on a skype call and we thought about how cool it was to install RailRacer on windows 10 if that is even possible.
Another thing was that he had purchased a license key from Che Martin back in the day but due to computer failure, he had to get his key renewed which never happened from Che's site.
So, I or better we have two questions.
1. Is it possible to install and run RailRacer on windows 10?
2. Is there a way to get a license code for RailRacer somewhere?
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-07-11 05:22:12

You sadly can't, from the looks of it Che silently dropped support for the game, which is a real shame, but we don't know for sure if he dropped support or not, so we can't ask for keys either. Even so, the reg system is online anyway, so even if you had a key it would be of no help to you. So unfortunately there's not much we can do especially if She's not doing anything.

2017-07-14 00:38:16

I would love to play it myself,

“The fear of loss is a path to the dark side. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy.
The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” —

2017-07-14 09:14:34

Actually it was a very awesome game, and that from someone whoo is not usually A FAN OF RACING games.

I will drop che an email and see where things are. I don't know if Rail racer 2.0, which was originally the project called rail racer got completed or dropped, but it'd be nice to still have access to the previous  assuming it would work on windows 10.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-07-14 15:23:20

Hopefully he does something about it, as I remember hearing some people with legit registration codes getting a server error so thus they couldn't play.I wish we could.

2017-07-14 17:25:52

Hi.
Yeah, my friend has that, he didnt even get a key replacement so he wasted like 40 dollars.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-07-14 19:46:53

Actually since the keys were hardware specific I don't think anyone who bought the game can play it if they've changed machines, another reason why i'd rather like to know what is going on with the game myself.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-07-14 19:48:28 (edited by vlad25 2017-07-14 19:51:12)

hi. at dark, dude, just, don't waste your time. i've sent him multiple emails, and between each email i was leaving like one year or some crap. so basically, he got like 3 emails from me, it doesn't look like he cares about it anymore. though i would appreciate if he at least would visit the ag forum so he can give us an explanation about it. because yeah, i'm one of the people who played the game, my uncle bought it for me, but the game costed as you said, $40 and e doesn't even think to put the licence server back up.
infact, wait, i got an answer at some point, but the thing was that according to him, he lost the code for the game due to a harddrive failure. so i don't know what should i believe. he said that he's still working on it, but i've never heard anythin back about it.

2017-07-14 19:50:54

Hi all. Yes, the game does work on Windows 10 perfectly. I am running rail racer 1.0. I emailed the developer about a week ago, but have got no response.  The game was dropped before I could even get a registration key. I think it is really unfair that when developers drop a game that they don't make it a band and where. I don't understand why.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2017-07-14 19:52:06

that's because, he didn't mean to abandon the game, he just lost the hole code due to  a hard drive crash, as  i mentioned before.

2017-07-14 19:57:13

Very frustrating. Justin off topic question, is VG storm still developing games? And when is sonar interactive going to release 1812? That game is such a nice game.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2017-07-14 22:36:44

I did hear something about a code crash regarding rail racer two's development, however I am still not sure about rail racer one, particularly if it works on windows 10.

Myself I wouldn't call any developer who has done the sort of work Che did as "crap indeed I would imagine a little by way of interest and encouragement  the community would do a lot of good if he has experienced a setback with his code.

Myself, I always remember che as a really decent chap to deal with, so hopefully he'll be back in touch sooner rather than later.

2017-07-15 00:42:07

Hopefully. As for the keys, Dark, they weren't exactly hardware specific, indeed you couldn't even download! the full version of the game until you ordered it, because Che emailed you a download link along with a serial key. If indeed he did! lose the code due to a hard drive corruption, then there's not much anyone could do about registration even if the project had no choice but to abandon itself. Even if keys were being used to register the game, the license server would return with a nice error message. That's where the problems come. You could technically use your license key on as many computers as you need, but no server? no registered game whatsoever. Which is why, on a somewhat related note, Q had the right idea when he made Chicken Nugget, having a backup method to generate an offline activation key. If the server were to go down, all you'd have to do would be to manually provide the matching key to the one that would normally be retrieved from the license server. If Che provided customers with a backup key they could use offline, customers would still be able to register their copy. There is apparently some trial mode for backup purposes if you don't activate right away, but that expires in 3 or so days, so is nowhere near a permanent solution.

2017-07-15 00:53:22

A hard drive crash? Oh... That's the werst thing that I did! In my previous computers, when I don't know what happened. What a shame.

73 Wj3u

2017-07-16 22:08:46

how can I find some game audio, I would like to know what this great game sounded like>

2017-07-17 12:53:38

@Jack, I  actually recall a discussion at the time about the license situation, given that Che did limit the number of activated license  for each key (I think it was five), but had to activate them via the online server.

Still this is another reason why I hope we hear from Che and this project again since it'd be great to see Rail racer back, indeed in the climate we have now of online competition, achievements and such being much more regular parts of gaming I think it might do better now than it did back in the day.

2017-07-17 13:46:19

well, dude, i understand, but we didn't hear from him since 2014, when this incident happened. it's really worrying. and when i asked him for a refund he said that he is not going to refund because he is developing it again. well, i don't even know what should i think anymore. also what i wonder, is is he having a vps or any kind of a server or he is hosting everything from his home computer, because i don't know how did he manage to get card room back up and running.

2017-07-21 10:20:54

hi guys. i came with the solution of the original topic. so, to run rail racer on windows 10 you need to have the direct x components installed. thank you.

2020-09-11 16:05:48

I got the demo of this to work. You just need to install directx june 2010. I still wish there were a way to access the full version. I have a lic file but it's for an old computer, and we don't have setup files as stated above.

2020-09-11 20:22:06

i think i read in another topic that their was a crack by having its clock not move but i dont know more and cant share more

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609

2020-09-11 21:56:37

I honestly loved this game, and I haven't found any racing game as good as this one. It's a shame that Che just dropped off the face of the earth and isn't even willing to (1) make the game freeware, or (2) explain the deal with the game. I guess he just doesn't care. Maybe he never has.

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2020-09-11 22:27:07

Hi.
To the person who asked about Sonnar, who knows. I haven't even been able to get an answer about Runner. They don't answer e-mails any more and they don't reply to posts on Social Media

2020-09-11 22:30:23

i agree

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609

2020-09-11 22:33:17

So I'm trying to get the demo to work, but it just won't start. I have DX installed along with some visual C++ stuff and I ran Aprone's checkup program thingy, but nothing.

"Hello Jerry."
"Hello Newman."

2020-09-11 22:53:47

not sure