2017-07-11 04:41:17

Hello all,
I am a new forum user. I used to play park boss a few years ago. I really loved that game. I upgraded my desktop to windows 10. Without going into details why, I am unable to play this game. The same case applies to the tube sim game found on the same site. I am unable to play that as well. Could anyone recommend any simulation games that are comparable?
thanks in advance.

2017-07-11 14:09:26

hi,

I have no idea why Nicks games are not working, I use windows 10 and they both work fine.

as for other sim games euro fly is an awesome game and with all the new updates its even more enjoyable,  luminals is also a fun sim and was actually the first audio sim I tried.

not sure if nick adamson is working on anymore projects but I have emailed him with more suggestions and ideas, I find nicks games to be well made and they have the feel of a big company that's made them not just 1 guy.

I was also hoping aprone would release another simulation type game because he is another talented developer but I must confess I hate first person action games, which ironically his most popular 1 is swamp.

these games can be found in the database on this site.

2017-07-13 19:22:35

Hi.

As has been said running parkboss and tubesim on windows 10 should be no problem. I suggest if your having issues you download jim kitchin's games archive, since apart from the games themselves they also install lots of needed components for older games, ditto with any of Aprone's games.

To be absolutely accurate the term "simulation" games Shrike mentions is more properly used in the site's database of vehicle based simulations, whether that be flying a passenger plane, driving a truck or even driving a tank.

if your looking specifically  managerial and business style games, you would also be recommended to look at the strategy games.

off the top of my head games similar to parkboss involving management and trading include lunimals, castaways, and youmart both by aprone, Jim kitchin's pizza delivery, trucker and starmule games, traders of known space, maybe the smugglers games if you play a trader rather than a pirate or mercenary, also Mississippi if it's still around.

On ios there is crafting kingdom which I can highly recommend.

For games like tube sim, Eurofly is a very good bet, though if you want something flying a fighter aircraft in more detail you could try the zero site games or 3d velocity, and of course there is always good old lone wolf. While these last few are action games to an extent, the action also involves lots of calculation and planning, indeed even taking off and landing in zero site is quite a skill to learn.

hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-07-19 23:04:19

I love Park Boss and was so excited to discover it the other day. I run Windows 7 so I don't have any idea about Windows 10.

I can say Crafting Kingdom is good for IOS and Android though. It isn't the same as running a theme park however.