2017-07-15 13:52:10

I just have a couple of questions relating new game packs.

the first is are there any other sound packs that have different music but the same commands to follow like smack me, pinch me etc.

which leads me to the next question,  when I downloaded the face the music pack, I find it so hard to follow the new commands, partly due to the fact the sounds are not spoken in words like the original and partly because the learn new sounds is not set up correctly.

what I mean by this is,  it shows you the sounds the buttons make when pressed but not the sound that requires said button to be pressed, so it makes learning new packs to difficult for me.

I was hoping it would be the greenday soundtrack for example but with the smack me commands, so if there is a setting to change it I would appreciate it if you could let me know.

2017-07-17 17:00:15

Actually shrike with the learn sounds menu all packs are the same.
When you hit any of the action keys you get the sound you need to respond to, not the sound when you hit the key, so you should have no problem learning the sounds you need to respond to.

There arent' I believe any packs that use the smackme sounds, but there are several boppit packs kicking around you might want to try that use similar instructions.
So for example in the default pack, if you go to "learn sounds" and hit tab it'll say "pinch me" if you hit backspace it'll say "smack me" etc.

I personally found the sounds in the face the music pack too unpleasant to listen to, but I like the for your relax series, and Aaron did a great job with the guardians of the galaxy pack, I also enjoyed some of  packs related to games like Mario or streets of rage and of course as a die hard whovian the dr. who pack was fun.

Generally I don't like those packs where the sounds you need to respond to and the sounds where you hit keys are both so long they obscure the sounds you need to listen out for, since losing just because you couldn't hear a sound is a little disappointing imho.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-07-17 21:05:34

thanks for the reply dark,

I have noticed that it was bad sound packs rather than the actions that was the problem.

although I got used to the greenday sound pack I really could not understand the face the music pack at all.    also I downloaded a pack called animals and that was bonkers as well.

I just got rhythm heaven and that's easy to follow, so I guess its just hit and miss.

2017-07-17 21:12:45

With soundpacks it's often a question of trying them out and seeing, and some I've run into have been pretty dire (wizard's battle has one entirely missing action sound, sounds pack won't even load and the loneliness pack has music so loud you can't hear the actions). , but you get so many  beatcoins it's not such a bad idea and generally speaking I've found more good than bad ones, heck,it  the beatstar pack which put me on to symphony of science which I definitely appreciate.

I've not tried the greenday pack myself  so can't speak about it. The rhythm heaven one  rather easy and straight forward, accept for one level which is  nearly impossible big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)