2017-07-14 11:40:09

can you tell me how to check this if it's disabled or not? i don't know smile

2017-07-14 13:52:11

Hi dino and welcome to the forum.
thanks for creating the game, more interest in audiogames is  a good thing.
I do  like the sounds and voice acting in the game, they definitely give a sense of atmosphere, however I'm afraid I am finding the positioning of sound sources relative to character movement to be a problem.

As people have said, frequently I've found myself  munched when it sounds like the zombies are at a distance, even  when I barely hear them at all. This is true both of zombies above and below and of zombies to the left and right.
Also, when I  managed  to get close to the beacon it's movement in sound was a bit strange, I'd be ontop of it and it would move to one side, or I'd hear it on the right, move towards it and it'd suddenly be in a different direction, indeed I seemed to ram into a wall, assumed the beacon was south of me, moved south and then got eaten by a zombie I had not heard at all with the beacon moving mysteriously west.

I do not mean to complain, more audiogames are always welcome, and  avoidemups are always fun, however if the positioning of the audio objects in the game itself do not give you accurate spacial information, the game can quickly become an exercise in frustration.

Hopefully accuracy of in game objects is something you can fix, since the sounds themselves are definitely good (I love the rather comical crunch when you get eaten and the cute little bings for  objects on the menu).

You might consider having a look at some of the other audiogames available to give an idea  audio vs spacial movement in a 2d map, for example Lworks Super egghunt plus, Oriol gaming zone's Death on the wheel,  or some of the minigames in Crazy party.

I look forward to seeing where this one goes.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-07-14 17:21:51

hi guys; when i click download link; i cant download why?

2017-07-17 15:46:12

Thanks Dark for the feedback, I will try out those other games. I'm not sure if I can improve the spacial issues in Planetary Escape but I will get people to test whatever engine I use in my next game earlier on to make sure it's not confusing.

To people having issues with the download link: what browsers are you using?

Prehistoric terror.
My github.

2017-07-17 20:20:21

dino wrote: Thanks Dark for the feedback, I will try out those other games. I'm not sure if I can improve the spacial issues in Planetary Escape but I will get people to test whatever engine I use in my next game earlier on to make sure it's not confusing.
To people having issues with the download link: what browsers are you using?
i am using Mozilla Firefox