2017-07-16 04:11:18

Well, my curiosity got the better of me and I found this, it is a textbased shooter where you literally shoot using your keyboard.  There is no mouse interaction at all .  I just found this, let me know what you think the link will be below

http://eigen.pri.ee/shooter/

“The fear of loss is a path to the dark side. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy.
The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” —

2017-07-16 04:44:54

Moderation!

@tysonsylvester123, I'm afraid the way you tried to post the link to the game was incorrect so people could not access it so I have edited your post.

In future if you wish to post a link please just either copy the url directly, eg http://audiogames.net/

Or else use the correct bb code, if your not sure of the correct code  see This topic

As to the game itself, unfortunately there is a problem.
The game works essentially like a mud eg, you see the text telling you someone is in front of you and have to type "fire" as quickly as possible. The problem is manifestly if your busy reading the screen with a screen reader your going to be far slower than a sighted player, especially since while the text is quite readable on the webpage you physically have to go and read it, it doesn't get read automatically as would happen in a mud.

if this game is to be accessible either it needs some sound for when your facing a person and able to fire, or at the least it needs a way for a screen reader to automatically read out the text when you type commands (and even then you might still not be on an equal playing field with sighted players).

Perhaps worth contacting the dev about I don't know, though it also occurs to me there are many muds out there that do this sort of thing in a much more accessible way.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-07-16 17:37:10

o, thanks

“The fear of loss is a path to the dark side. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy.
The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” —