2017-07-15 23:14:17

You're correct. For Both IOS/Android, its 25 scans/documents before payment.

2017-07-16 06:53:25

Ahoy all,

sebby wrote:

I already have a script that I wrote to use Microsoft's cognitive APIs

oo dam, would you mind sharing? wink

@Orko, if privacy is enough to make you pay $100 for an app,similar apps to which already exist,well then, fare enough. And of course there's this old and bolding guy just sitting there,waiting for me to take a picture of a letter,if you will and willing to get that out out of a thousand million other pictures taken etc,but again if Knfb works for you,and you are happy with it,power to you.

Personally I'd prefer to use apps like voice for offline scanning and others for sensitive stuff like bank documents,for other things Seeing AI should do me just fine.
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-07-16 08:31:44

@Simba and Trenton Goldshark:
Interesting. I just checked the IOS Appstore again. The only two results, that come up, when I search for KNFB are the regular KNFB-Reader, which is priced 109 Euros, respectively 99,00 Dollars in the US Appstore, and something called KNFB-Reader Enterprise. I tried that one. But for that, it also asks you for a username and a password. And if I download the first one, I will automaticaly buy it, right? At least, that's how it works with anything else in the Appstore...

2017-07-16 09:18:36

Yeah,
the IOS version doesn't support trials,oh it was coming like a year or so ago... guess that's still on its way. tongue
So far its the android version that supports trial of 25 image OCRS before you are told you must buy it.
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

2017-07-16 13:08:25

At the player what the, why was it about a year ago that the demo limitations were there? I think the company made a mistake on that day so those who downloaded the KNFB reader at that time got it for free.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-07-16 18:48:53

KNFB isn't worth that much money to me. The only app that I got that was close to that amount was Near By Explorer and that app was worth it. I love Seeing AI and I think that it could replace KNFB Reader in time as it gets better. I guess only time will tell.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2017-07-16 22:48:18

You can't run trials on the App Store. That's one of Apple's limitations. Not quite sure why Apple couldn't whip something up whereby you download the authorisation along with the app for your account--in fact, it'd be even more transparent than is the case with other methods of registration. Hopefully in the future.

@grryf sure, but you do need a Microsoft account and to sign up for Azure. If you can do that, and sign up for cognitive services and get the API key, this script calls curl and dumps raw json. If you're still up for it, I can dump the script on here. But honestly I think it needs a good polish and some integration to be more user-friendly. Even now I call it rarely as it requires opening up Terminal. But if you're interested ...

@simba I will soon have a demo of the various blindness products. Yes, I must have answers. It's bloody infuriating that there's always an easier, cheaper solution but you can never be quite sure.

Just myself, as usual.

2017-07-17 00:35:19

That's utter BS, when I got TapTapSee the download was free and you could use it for about a dozen or pictures, after that you hade to buy a picture pack x pictures for Y dollars or you could buy a subscription that was paid monthly or quarterly and allowed unlimited pictures. And the billing was does by Apple's app store. Sounds like a trial to me!

2017-07-17 04:39:22

Sometimes they make light versions of apps for trial purposes too.

2017-07-17 09:20:56

The App Store guidelines prohibit trials or demo versions. Now Apple has subscriptions, which could theoretically work as trials for content delivered regularly and possibly cloud services as well, but there are no apps which, officially at least, accept money for upgrades to full versions from demos or trials. And since the only way you can take money is through the store, again officially, there is no way to unlock full functionality or content, except by some out-of-band means like a website where the app is simply an interface (Audible does this, for instance, where they can't advertise purchases, but the app is the client for your Audible account). So I have no idea what TapTapSee was doing, but it was probably the exception and against the rules. Of course, it's Apple's store and they could implement whatever they want, and perhaps they did in this case. My best guess is that TapTapSee simply means the very loose definition of a subscription service, because it's cloud-based, and so they can charge you for access using a subscription or an in-app purchase. I imagine that's what's happening here.

Just myself, as usual.

2017-07-18 22:39:25

When, will, Microsoft, extend the availability of this app, in other countries?

2017-07-20 14:57:36

@Afrim, you could create an apple ID in the US, or other countries that Seeing AI is available. I got mine in the US App Store.

2017-07-20 15:05:51

So, I've tryed the app and i can only say it's an amazing one. Especially the text reading part. Also, something tells me they are using the same services for picture recognition with narrator in the next win 10 update for creators whatever it's called. I don't remember the exact name.

Greetings.
My twitter

2017-07-20 19:33:29

Hi.
It|s the cognitive service. Well, it would just make sense if they use the same.

2017-07-21 08:04:30

@Socheat, perhaps I will use the Apple ID of any of my friends, otherwise, let's wait.

2017-07-26 22:45:13

Hi.
If I am not mistaken, there is also a workaround to take a picture from your photos library and import it into seeing AI for recognition, but I am currently a bit confused how that should work, I will keep you informed of my progress, or does someone on here know how this is working?
Greetings Moritz.

2017-07-26 23:42:05

All I have done with this app so far was just fooling around with it so I'd know what to do and expect when it came time to put it to real world use.

Today I got that chance when I needed to identify some Boar's Head sandwiches I had just bought at Publix, a grocery store in this area.

First I tried using my ID Mate Galaxy and wasn't surprised when it couldn't identify them because a year ago Envision America said that Publix was no longer sharing product information with them.

So I grabbed my iPhone and gave this app a try in its short text mode. It didn't take long to find where on the package the sandwich description was and I soon had them all identified.

Because my primary tool for sorting groceries after bringing them home is the ID Mate, I rescan the sandwiches and when it couldn't identify them, it offered to let me record their description. Now, for future use, the ID Mate can identify these sandwiches.

Neat app Microsoft! I've tried a number of apps that claim to do real time OCR scanning of text, and they were always disappointing. This is the first app that actually worked well enough to be helpful.

2017-07-27 03:59:14

@simba you first need to go into the share menu from with in messages or photos. Swipe right untill you get to the second more button. After doubble tapping on the second more button you should see Reccanise with Seeing AI. Turn that on and then you can have Seeing AI look at pictures from your photo library or from messages. I hope this helps.

2017-07-28 14:23:19

Hi,
I am not simba,but having the same problem as he is.
I have tried both the more buttons, uninstalled and reinstalled the app quite a few times,still no recognise with Seeing AI, bloody strange as everything else works just fine, besides the recognise with Seeing AI option.
I see buttons to turn off and on services like dropbox whatsapp etc,but not this app.
Using Iphone 6 plus IOS10

oh and yes, the realetime recognition of this app is far better than any other out there, I pointed it at my screen and it was able to read a muds output just fine! lol
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

2017-07-28 20:46:09

Hi.
Yeah I due have the same problem, there is no recognize with Seeing AI button, just something called blue circle and red circle.
Can I actualy do it like this that the app can do a picture recognition like tap tap see does when I switch it into the scene describtion mode?
Greetings Moritz

2017-07-28 22:59:13

I'm sorry sir but you might be posting in the wrong thread.
Anyway, the thing that really got me shocked is, just to show you how much microsoft cares about the accessibility on their phones, why, why didn't they release that particular app for windows phone? They didn't even talk about doing it. Most of their apps were released on their OS first, then they were released for others. But I'm surprised they released it for IOS first this time.

Greetings.
My twitter

2017-07-29 00:14:21

Are Windows phones even still a thing? I don't know why the Seeing AI option isn't coming up in the share menu. Maybe submit that under feedback? I found it just fine.

2017-07-29 04:20:38

Works fine here for me. Using iPhone 5 with iOS 10.3.3

2017-07-29 23:05:03

I'm not eve seeing the share or more buttons you guys are talking about, since well,   it said to look within messages or what not, but  I'm not sure where.   Please be more detailed?  I love this app though,   Seeing A I has been used in many world scenarios for me already and I've oly had it for about 4 days.  Great app!

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2017-08-02 02:58:12

From the for what its worth department.

After just playing around with this app and then having a chance to use it for real on real world tasks, I predicted to myself that this app would show up in AppleVis' AppleVis Unlimited for July where they spotlight new and noteworthy apps from the app store.

It turns out my prediction was correct. I wish all my predictions were so easy, I'd start buying lottery tickets!