2017-07-12 18:08:24

I thought I'd share this with anyone interested. It's rather fascinating. I realize that people in the US will be hit the hardest by this, but I'm sure others have wonderful stories about how the internet ends out getting handled in your countries. Anyways, here's a link of at least one video on the subject, as you can imagine, there are several such videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K88BU3kjZ-c

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2017-07-14 01:45:37

Is there a text version of this article? With my hearing loss, it's hard for me to hear the video.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-07-14 07:00:51

I'm afraid that this presentation does not have a text version. Hear is an article talking about the same thing, though.
https://www.extremetech.com/internet/24 … rning-isps
If you can check the description of the video, you'll find some more links to articles including the one linked above.

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2017-07-14 10:45:30

I converted it to MP3 and raised the volume. Hopefully you'll be able to hear it properly. You can download it here.

I'll leave this up for a bit but will probably remove it to avoid the dreaded disabling of Dropbox links that some people end up getting because of too much traffic.

2017-07-19 14:50:33 (edited by flackers 2017-07-19 14:54:44)

It's interesting how the concept of freedom is used politically and economically. Like freedom only ever equals good. A strong man isn't free to go next door, strangle the life out of his weaker neighbour, and take all his stuff. Yet in the economic and political worlds this kind of scenario is often portrayed as healthy, in a survival of the fittest type way. But the thing is, nature doesn't thrive on only having the strongest/fittest survive anyway, it thrives on diversity. Like the dinosaurs were the biggest strongest predators, then a catastrophe happened, and what filled the gap, timid little creatures that went on to become something remarkable that could potentially transport life beyond the solar system, allowing it to exist beyond the lifespan of the sun. So even in an economic sense, it might not be a healthy scenario to have a system where the super powerful are allowed to strangle the life out of seemingly weaker rivals.