2017-07-13 15:12:03

Up to this point I've never had a false positive in kaspersky, but now all of a sudden redspot is ransomware. I haven't downloaded a new redspot in a while; it's the same one that worked before so it must have been a kaspersky update that caused it.
So when I extract the zip or even try to copy the executable it deletes it before I can do anything. And I can't figure out how to add exceptions in settings. Also when I try to disable protection NVDA just stops speaking and I can't do anything except alt f4 at which point NVDA starts speaking again. Does anyone have any advice? I reported it as a false positive on the kaspersky site but that doesn't help me much for now.

2017-07-13 20:05:49

Hi,
if you want to add exception in KTS or KIS, you need first to pause protection, because you need working file to show Kaspersky that it is not a virus. Btw, KTS on my pc is removing all bgt programs, it is funny when I am developing bgt titles, because when I compile them to the executable, in second are these deleted. smile
But, back to the topic. I am personally doing this with mouse, yeah, you read right. I am totally blind and mouse is the best solution, concretely touchpad, but normal mouse can work too. Also my friends for which I recommended to use Kaspersky managed this, so it is acceptable choice I think.

Principle is simple, on the secure screen is one window with two buttons, behind which is large background. Buttons are Continue button and back button. Continue button in new versions of KTS is located in the left down corner, so what you need to do is find this corner and included continue button. First, get your mouse to the left up corner of the screen. Next, take it lover about half a screen, you can train this for example with mouse acoustic signalization of nvda. Next go right. Keep yourself clicking left mouse button, it will signalize you if you are on background or in the window with buttons. If you are on background, there is sound while in window not. When you get to the window, you are on good way, next go down untill you reach background and return to the window. After it you are in its left down corner, so browse it with clicking systematically in colums from left to right always going up and down to the border of window, after some time you will reach continue button and submit it, then check Kaspersky's status if you did it right.

It sounds complicated, but it isn't, when you manage it it will be easyer and easyer, I am submitting this screen now without problems in short time, about half a minute. Good for blind person. When you will be able to pass this secure screen, let me know in this topic and I will descrybe you how to add exception, it is funny process too, don't worry. big_smile

If you encounter some problems write too, I don't know if someone will write simpler solution, I haven't found some, but I can help you pass the secure screen by this way.

Good luck!

Best regards

Rastislav

2017-07-14 10:55:27

I tried but I can't find any button. I use my trackpad and go to the bottom left corner then move right while clicking, but neither that nor clicking while randomly moving around gets me to any buttons. It just makes the sound when clicking.

2017-07-14 15:37:38

Here's an idea, just don't use Kaspersky. It's not very accessible, and it's not that great of an antivirus anyway. I recommend you give Malware Bites a try.

2017-07-14 16:25:11

The only reason I'm using it is because my family has a licence for it so I might just as well. From what I could gather it is a good antivirus though, but definitely not very accessible. Last I checked malware bites wasn't too accessible either though, or has it improved?

2017-07-14 16:44:40

When I tried it it worked, but that was years ago. Try it again and see.