2017-07-11 22:00:12 (edited by pgruenbaum 2017-07-12 02:35:14)

You are a young wizard seeking treasure and glory. As you walk through goblin territory and into an abandoned old castle filled with gods-know-what, the choices you make either increase your morale and gold, or lower your life points and bring you closer to death. How long can you keep yourself alive?

Beta version of a choose-your-own-adventure game is available that uses the Android voice and optionally uses speech recognition to make your choices. Please try it and provide feedback using the survey link on the main page.

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/co … kerschoice

2017-07-11 23:08:55

hello there
game doesn't work in galaxy j 7 2017 and galaxy a 7, it shows me this app is incompatible with your devices
please fix

2017-07-11 23:15:48

hey there smile
ah, is this from Delight game?

2017-07-11 23:45:13

yes

2017-07-12 02:00:45

Yes, this is a partnership between Delight Games and SDK Bridge. We're using one of Delight Games' stories and turning it into an audio app.

2017-07-12 02:34:08

That's strange about the Galaxy J 7. We'll look into it.

2017-07-12 06:16:36

Hello there,
I just signed up to the beta program.
Here is what I have found so far.
While playing this game do I need to disable talkback?
I have voice input on,but yet so far get no dings but just a few buttons to select the choice. I have to tap on replay to here what's going on,as talkback says a few words at first and stops.
running it on moto g5 plus latest os updates patches and the like.
grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-07-12 07:37:40

Hi and welcome to the forum.
It sounds like a cool game. Will there be a release for IOS in the future?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-07-12 17:20:55

I will look into the talkback issue.

If people like the Android version enough, we will definitely do an IOS release.

2017-07-12 19:30:19

It does look like talkback messes with both text to speech and speech to text. Is it possible to play with talkback disabled? We may be moving away from text to speech and using sound files (human narrator), and if we do that, it might work better with talkback.

2017-07-12 20:48:31

this game is not compatible with my device sadly

don't wish to become like the oceans, the flowers, or the sun. oceans will dry out, flowers will die, and the sun will be extinguished. be yourself and nothing and no one else and hope for a better tomorrow.

2017-07-12 23:49:19

@abdullah_mohammad, what's your device? We might be able to figure out a fix

2017-07-13 13:23:57

Hi.
On my s7 edge I have a problem with delight games and just in chase if someone can fix with dice world.
When I have talkback enabled and I want to double tap on a button I can not.
I need to memorize the location of the button, suspend talkback and try to press the correct button.
That is verry anoing because I really like delight games library and the new variants for kids.
I will try this new app and I will send you feedback.
Thanks in advance.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-07-13 15:04:48

@pgruenbaum

Your best place for getting help with the Talkback interrupting speech bug, is to post in the "Eyes-Free Dev" list:

https://groups.google.com/d/forum/eyes-free-dev

2017-07-13 15:20:54

hey there again...
sorry, I have 1 small question, on android all the books are free , you just have to purchase it via ingame coins, why on the IOS version you have to buy all of the books? , just 1 chapter on each books are free... and you could no longer use the coins to buy a new book... sorry, if this slitely out of topic but... well, Delight game is one of my favorite gamebooks collection,  I just recently change to iphone and found out about this.
I can't even transfer my progress from my android to my iphone saddly.

2017-07-13 23:21:21

I'm not involved with Delight Game's main product (text-based games), but I will pass along your questions to them.

2017-07-14 08:33:44

Hi and welcome to the forum.

We do know about the delight games main library ap, indeed it needs a page on the database here (it's on our todo list of things to add).

One question I do have is where this audio version differs from what is already available given that the delight games  has been made to work with both talkback on Android and voiceover on Ios (the developers have done some good work there).

Does this audio version use human speech? or is the main difference just that it can be controlled via voice commands.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-07-14 18:45:27

ah... thank you very mutch! , looking forward for the answer smile

2017-07-14 23:46:58

@Dark, the current version uses the phone voice, so it's pretty similar to talkback. The differences are:
1. The app can recognize voice input (you can say "1", "2", "3", or "4" instead of pressing a button). Although it doesn't currently work if talkback is on, we just discovered.
2. Information on increased gold, morale, etc. is integrated into the audio. For example, after it reads about how you earned some gold, it then gives you a sound effect and tells you how much your gold has increased. The Delight Games app just displays your gold at the top of the screen.
3. So far, many of our sighted testers say they would strongly prefer a human voice. So we may switch to audio with a human narrator for the next version.

2017-07-15 05:07:21

Hi pgruenbaum.

I think a human narrator would be absolutely awesome!
Lots of people hear love audiobooks and would much rather listen to a real person than a synth, likewise it'd make the voice  feel more like talking to a human gm than talking to a computer.

While I can certainly see situations, eg when your hands are busy that voice control would be a useful thing to have, generally speaking it's not difficult  at all read the standard text versions of the gamebooks. The developer of Delight games made some handy access fixes, first to the Android version, and most recently on Ios which has the delight games very readable.

however the human voice would add something very unique and new to the game I think and something which would catch a lot of people's interest.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-07-15 11:55:37

Hi.
Having the games with human speech would be fantastic, but I think that would be extremely much work to do. Lots of text which have to be read.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-07-17 21:14:36

@JasonBlaze, I talked to Delight Games, and the answer is complex as to why they did iOS they way they did. I suggest contacting them directly.

2017-07-17 21:17:09

@Dark, the idea behind voice control is primarily for walking. You can have your phone in your pocket, walk somewhere, and play the game without ever taking the phone out of your pocket.

@SLJ, you are correct that a human narrator will increase the price of production. We are pricing it out now.

2017-07-21 06:02:40

Hello. this game is not compatible with my device. it is grand prime and the android is 5.1.1

The best thing about the worst time of your life is that you get to see true colours of everyone you cared for.

2017-07-21 11:01:58 (edited by queenslight 2017-07-21 11:24:22)

@pgruenbaum

I too agree that it should be human speech. If not human speech using an Android/IOS app, there's always taking the Alexa Skills/Google Actions approach. A good example of such game, is called "The Magic Door."

In addition, did you know there is now a "free" with "no ads" version of Delight Games for "kids?"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … idslibrary

Lastly for now, the below FAQ, is from Sam himself, the Delight Games creator. The below FAQ was first posted on the "Delight Games" FB page:

FAQ: Why does Delight Games ship on Android before iOS? Answer: Developing and shipping on Android is faster and easier. Also, the Google Play Store does a better job bubbling our titles up to customers compared to iTunes. Because Delight Games is a self-funded startup, we need "fast and easy" for our experiments. Every title we ship is an experiment. We will continue to update the library on iOS a week or two behind Android and we are working on creating stand-alone titles for iOS (e.g. Paladins and Spy Choices). iOS, folks, thank you for your patience!