2016-07-31 02:53:14

What is the latest alternative? I generally use IE and switch between that and firefox. Web Visum seems to have a problem with Firefox because it isn't varified so Firefox won't let me use it. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Discord: clemchowder633

2016-07-31 05:20:26 (edited by Socheat 2016-07-31 09:49:46)

Hi,
You may download it from
Here.

2016-07-31 06:52:30

Hi,
I have actually switched away from IE ever sinse I got this mac.
On windows 8.1 I have no clue why but it acts all kinds of wierd and lags a lot. on win7, it worked just fine though, so its probably just me.
Anyhow, that's just to say that using ff as my primary, I too was looking for webvism that works.
There's a setting you can change in ff to allow you to run unsigned extentions, but I can't just remember it atm.
But since the signed extention is available, I suppose you don't need to fiddle about with all that, although that dropbox link is throwing up a 429

Apparently there's a addon for firefox,ie crome etc that allows you to solve captures and costs $3.99 or something per month.
capture be gone or somesuch, although I'm a bit fuzzy on the details, as imo, webvism is more than enough for me. I don't need to solve 100's of captures a month,after all. 1 in 20 30 days or so if that.

slightly ot, is there a addon for firefox that makes navigation sounds as you navigate webpages like IE does?

grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2016-07-31 07:54:31 (edited by gamesmaster 2016-07-31 08:02:07)

this is how you do it.
1. open up ff
2. in the address bar type about:config. Hit enter
3. A warning message will appear. Click on "I will be careful"
4. arrow down until you reach xpinstall.signatures.require. Hit enter to toggle the setting to false
5. Restart FF.
You should have no problem installing webvisum. If you do, feel free to ask me.

Pics or it didn’t happen

2016-07-31 09:35:00

If you want your firefox to have the sounds from IE, look for Navigational Sounds.

They must have changed the name, it use to be called popup sounds.

2016-07-31 09:50:25

Hi,
Link updated.

2016-07-31 22:42:52

That about:config workaround is no longer necessary if you run the new signed extension.

I've heard about Captcha be Gone, but I personally couldn't justify paying for it, since I encounter captchas very infrequently. there's also Rumola, which is cheaper, and is installed as a bookmark that you click on. however, I personally didn't care for it much. It didn't want to solve captchas when I tried it. Its biggest draw though is that it's browser agnostic, so pretty much anyone can use it, unlike Web Visum, and Captcha be Gone, which is currently only available for Firefox and IE with a Chrome extension in the works, last I checked.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2016-08-01 16:40:19

hi,
somehow I have webvisum installed and working, and I can log on to it just fine, but the drawback is --- that it doesn't work.
after I submit a captcha it keeps on waiting, a few seconds later shows an error of some sort which I can't remember at this very moment, the bottom line being it doesn't work at all.
regards

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2017-07-12 10:33:49

Hello!
Does anyone know the latest on Web Visum? I found that I can't log in, nor can I get to play sounds. It's as though it's dead or something. If someone can inform me as to what's going on, that would be great. I see that the web site is still offering the pre-verification plug-in, which means that you have to download the plug-in from Blind Bargains.
Any further information about alternatives would be great too!:-)

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-07-12 13:50:53

Hello there,
You can get web visum directly from firefox's addons websites. the latest signed version,and it works just fine.
Btw,web visum won't work on versions of firefox greater than 52 so you may want to get  a portable copy instead for places where you require the use of web visum.
So it may not work for you because either its the old version from the website or your firefox version is greater than 52.
hth
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-07-12 14:14:35

Hi, how can I get a version of Firefox that is <=52? I think I have a verson that is greater, since Firefox updates automatically.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-07-12 15:49:23

Instead of going through all this jumping through hoops, just use CAPTCHA Be Gone, For just under $4 per month or about $35 per year, you get a CAPTCHA solver that works for both IE and FF and you never have to worry about how many CAPTCHAs you encounter. And, it works!

2017-07-12 20:13:37 (edited by flackers 2017-07-12 20:30:18)

Here's a link to a directory of previous firefox releases, you have to do quite a bit of clicking to get to the version you need.
https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/

Though much good it did me. I can't get that webvisum thing to do a thing. The only instruction I can find on the website says hit ctrl f1 to open help. I have the addon installed, but pressing ctrl f1 does nothing. Going into the options dialog, I try entering my login info, but it will only let me click cancel, not ok. I can't OK any changes at all it seems. Re Captcha be gone, I can't really justify a subscription fee no matter how reasonable because I need to solve a captcha about once or twice a year, so it works out 15 to 30 dollars per captcha.
The thing I love about this site though is I came in here because of webvisum, and left with an addon that plays navigational sounds in FF, something I've always missed when using it.

2017-07-12 22:15:45

In the end I did pay for Captcha be Gone, because it's the only solution out there that still works that isn't shady as hell. Well, Rumola isn't shady either, but I decided to give Captcha Be Gone a chance. It works. Sometimes. It's encountered captchas it couldn't solve a fair bit for me. And whatever you do, don't disable the playing of sounds in Firefox. The extension stops working if you do that.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2017-07-12 23:06:37

Well, unfortunately I did disable the sounds, so I tried removing the extension. After reinstalling it, I had no success with it. I will try out CaptchaBeGon though. I never heard of Rumola. What is it?

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-07-12 23:45:25

Another CAPTCHA solver for Internet Explorer and Firefox.

2017-07-13 07:49:27

Unfortunately, Captchabegone seems to be the only working thing out there. And as good as it might be, it is just not worth the money, if you have to solve a captcha only once or twice a year. I really wish, they would at least offer an alternative payment plan.

2017-07-13 15:25:34

I believe that's why they also have yearly plans instead of monthly ones. I'm not sure. This also brings up the debate about whether or not equal access should be free. Solving captchas is a necessity, not a luxury, but everyone's in business to earn money, so there would have to be a balance.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-07-13 19:21:19

Well, I understand, that servers cost money. And of course these people, who solve all these captchas won't do that for free. I would be perfectly happy to buy, let's say a thousand captchas for 5 bucks or so. And then I could use them up in my own schedule, when ever I need them. But for now, it is not really usefull for me.