2017-06-26 08:30:27 (edited by nyanchan 2017-06-26 08:34:08)

Hi.
I would like MarinaBreak to be in the database. Could any moderators who has time create the entry and write the descriptions please?
Also, I would like to ask whether requesting DB submissions here is appropriate or not. Although I'm always posting here to make sure that all moderators or non-moderators can see my post, I'm just curious because I rarely find requests posted here and still lots of games are kept updated or added.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2017-06-26 10:39:50

Well the process of what gets added to the db is far less formal than that, there is no request system, there is no application or similar.
The idea of the db is to be as complete a list of accessible games as humanly possible, so stuff tends to get added  as and when the staff have the time to do so and are able to.

On the plus side, this does mean if a developer requests that her/his game gets added to the db it reminds us the game is out there and something needs doing about it big_smile.
so if you could  please post download and webpage links for MarinaBreak, I'll be glad to have a look at the game, indeed I will confess that this slightly slipped under my radar which is possibly why it hasn't! been added to the db up to yet.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-06-26 12:51:27

Hi Dark. Thank you for your quick response!
Here's the direct download link of the game:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/MbSetupE.exe

2017-06-29 00:41:10

Hi.

Thanks for that. I'll be a little      busy up until next week but should be able to have a look at the game then if one of our other staff doesn't beat me to it.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-07-10 07:43:23

Hello.

MArinaBreak now has a Db entry, find it here
Sorry it took a little longer than expected.

2017-07-11 03:37:28

Thank you Dark! I've just checked the entry!

2017-07-13 19:06:18

Your welcome.

I also plan to do a separate entry for our great adventure aka the English version of Bockerano Daibuken once I have myself tried the game.

2017-07-15 06:45:21

Hi dark,
our great adventure is nothing but bk3 with a english translation so no Tools and the like required to play,for English speaking understanding wink players. still I'd like to read your views on the game  once you get playing it. smile

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, β€˜It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-07-15 07:38:10

Hi Grryf.

The justification for doing a separate page for the game is that people who do not fancy all the shenanigans with Japanese translation software probably would not look up the game if it is currently listed with its Japanese title and under the "Japanese games" genre, particularly given it is third in a series.

On the other hand, If it has it's own page and appears under "rpgs" then it's likely  to be more widely noticed, plus I would like to highlight the work people have done in translating the game and encourage support for the project since it is something I certainly do appreciate.