2017-05-14 19:15:35

Ahoy all,

I have noticed this for  a while now,but was wondering whether its just me or everyone else is experiencing the same.
That is, no signatures at all,I tend to just read peoples posts and figure who's the author just by the signatures. not really necessary,but fun. big_smile
Haven't been seeing those though,and can't see a way to change them in my profile,either.
So were they removed intentionally due to fixing issues with the sight,or is it some sort of bug with the forum. or is it just me?
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-05-14 20:06:09

Read the 24th post in this topic:
http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=2688

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2017-05-14 20:22:16

Oo, it is bad.
I like signatures because these are fun.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-05-15 21:46:45

Yeah, maybe I'll find a way to enable these without getting complaints from Google that we are an adult site (which makes the website not suitable for minors). Signatures were displayed even for banned users, which is a bad thing, obviously.

2017-05-16 05:40:09 (edited by grryfindore 2017-05-16 05:41:13)

Thanks Mayana and Sendermen
lol
podiogames,now that would be something...
grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-07-03 05:29:19

Sendermen wrote:

Yeah, maybe I'll find a way to enable these without getting complaints from Google that we are an adult site (which makes the website not suitable for minors). Signatures were displayed even for banned users, which is a bad thing, obviously.

HMMM... this is sort of an adult sight, considering the spattering of profanity that can often be found on here. Just sayin!

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2017-07-03 05:35:51

That's... not what "adult site" means.
Can these particular signatures be edited by mods, or the posts deleted, or in the worst case, the offending signatures filtered?

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-07-03 06:37:58

As far as I know these forums have never allowed signatures. At first I was disappointed, but after a short while, I grew to like it and now turn off displaying signatures in all the forums I frequent. Some people can be a bit long winded in their signatures.

I also turn off displaying in message images and avatars since I can't see either of them.

In the end I end up with a much less cluttered display of the forum.

2017-07-05 23:39:47

Please bring back signatures.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2017-07-06 17:43:08

Actually, there should indeed be signatures. I didn't realize they were disabled myself since  usually have viewing of them turned off to speed up reading of the forum, though I will go and occasionally check someone's signature in their profile.

the one issue is I suspect  sander and Richard disabled the extention when the forum was having crash problems (the same time  private messages were disabled).   We will make sure the  sigs aren't causing problems, then hopefully they'll be back soon.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-07-06 18:04:35

I'm against having signatures because in those forum where they are allowed most signatures devolve into advertising.

Thankfully, most forums also allow members to turn off displaying them.

2017-07-06 23:56:20

Well as I said, you can certainly turn off displaying of sigs here if you want, I usually do for speed purposes.

As for advertising, well most members I believe use phrases, poetry or songs (mine is a couple of lines from a rather pretty 19th century poem),

Some people do  use their sigs as a convenient place for downloads of things they've done, eg their games if they are a dev, (one member has a link to a rather exceptional manamon walkthrough in his sig), however since those are usually things people probably would want to know about anyway it's not such a major problem, and if you don't like them you can always turn them off.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-07-09 19:23:40

Yeah, to think we are getting a generation of users that have never heard about this forum's signitures. They tended to be good reads at worst in my oppinion and rather convenient at best. I rather did like yours dark. I think I remember a couple of users had book of Mazilla references. Ahh, good times. I do understand why they were turned off, though. Though, then again, spambots seem to leave their rather adult content in a couple of posts instead.

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2017-07-09 19:58:45

Well hopefully they'll be coming back soon.